Spelling Mansion

Secretly On the Market

7/5/2006 2:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that Candy Spelling, Aaron's widow, has quietly put the Spellings' legendary mansion on the market for $150 million.

Sources in the real estate industry say Westside Estate Agency (WEA) has a pocket listing on the 56,000 square foot estate, meaning it is quietly being shopped among realtors and select buyers. The mansion, located in the exclusive Holmby Hills area of L.A., was completed in 1991 for around $47 million, which includes $10 million for the land.

One real estate source says Candy Spelling has let a lot of people on the staff go and that the buzz is that she is going to shut the house down so it can be shown by realtors. Aaron Spelling died on June 23.

Sharron

David Hasselhoff who? Get a life - what babes? Doubt you have the money to buy them anymore. You are looking really old buddy - why don't you act your age? What a loser.

Sharron

Candy deserves all she can get after being married to him and bearing that ugly look alike selfish self centered little daughter of hers. There isn't enough plastic surgery to make her look good or know how to act. Tori - go home and give us a break. Who watches that little home wrecker anyway?

Wendy

In reply to the comment about nobody asking Bill Gates to give away his money...he's taking the next how many years off to concentrate on GIVING away how many billions?? He has already given away tens of billions of dollars. Nobody should be saying anything to him....

Misty

SEEMS PRETTY EARLY TO BE PUTTING THE HOME ON THE MARKET. MAYBE CANDY NEEDS A CHANGE OF SCENERY AND A FRESH START. GOOD LUCK TO HER. NOT THROWING ANY STONES HERE. GOOD LUCK ALL, MISTYEYESBLONDIE@AOL.COM

penny

Hey David H. , what a disappointment you turned out to be! Guess that's why the CAR was the star!

me

its not secretly on the market anymore now that you posted it on your site now is it

dlgus

ROTFLMAO......isn't it INTERESTING how everybody wants to tell others how to spend their money???? How much money are those of you who are berating her giving to charity?

I say, it's her money, and if she wants to sell that house and blow all that money, it's HERS to do that with. Besides, if she DOES give a large part of it to charity, it's going to be a tax write off......

dlgus

LOL, to #606....haven't YOU heard? We ARE an underdeveloped nation. I cannot stand these rich people who give their money to every country but this one....the only saving grace about the Gates' is that they aren't mugging for the camera every ten seconds like the hollywood contingent.

angela

so in the article it is saying she wants to make roughly 100 million dollar profit for a house that she lived in for what 13 yrs......depreciation of value. That place is probably worth 30 mill. If anyone buys it for over that....they have no business ethic. Of course since were talking stars, I doubt if it matters, to them its an item to waste money on.

dlgus

LOL, to #610--because they can't WAIT to zone a HOMELESS shelter into THAT zip code....lmao

Helen Johnson

Hey Will (aka #12)! Obviously you haven't been reading or listening to the news lately and heard about Bill & Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett giving away Billions to the Gates Foundation for medical care / educational opportunities for the poor. No one has to ask Gates to donate - he already has his own foundation!

Cyndi

Funny about this whole story in US magazine. Tori reportedly was suspicious and upset, that her mother was carrying on an affair. And yet, Tori gets involved with (her now second husband) who was a married man when she started seeing him, and divorces her first husband (the one Candy paid for the wedding to). Candy supposedly (from the US article) was livid with Tori, for having an affair. They are BOTH the pot calling the kettle black. Tori for being upset with her mother for having an (alledged) affair, and Tori doing the SAME thing! Also, IMO, Tori should have thought, before speaking publicly, about her mother, and tried to resolve the issue with her, privately. Now they are publicly at war, and each side is not going to let up, it will become a joke and tabloid fodder, what a shame for a mother/daughter relationship. It shows two very ugly people, with very unresolved issues. I do feel for both of them, and hope they can come together at some point in the future.

Lisa

I'm just glad that Candy isn't my mother.

Carrie Cheffro

Tori shouldnt be cut out, and Candy shouldnt be profitting from all of it!! I agree that she should give some of the money to charity!!

Jackie Marie Cicuto

I was wondering if Candy could see this message. My boyfriend and myself are both handicapp, and I walk with a cane due to phlebitis in my legs. They hurt so much at night, as they are so swollen, that I cry myself to sleep. My boyfriend/companion of 23 years, lost his leg to diabetes, in 2002 of December. In 2003, he was diagnosed with kidney failure. Some days he does not even want to go and do his 4 hour treatment, but I tell him to please not to give up yet, as life can still be beautiful. We live in an apt., in Van Nuys, for the past 13 years, and will probably end up dying here, but we need a minivan so bad to get around in. I drive, but my boyfriend can't due to his eyesight, from diabetes, but we have absolutely NO MONEY, as we live on a tight budget, and I was wondering if Candy Spelling could possibly help us out with a new minivan from either Toyota or Honda. It does not have to be with a wheelchair lift, if possible, just a new minivan that is fully loaded, and we can even make payments to her monthly, if she can help us out ASAP... Please we would deeply appreciate Candy's help, and so sorry to hear about Aaron's death. He was a wonderful and very intelligent man. Thanks,
Jackie