Mischa's Got Class

7/11/2006 2:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Maybe getting written out of "The O.C." was a hint?

Mischa Barton's character on the FOX series was killed off in the season finale and she's using her newfound time off to brush up on those acting chops.

Taking a break from the LA and NY club scene, the underage thespian has enrolled in acting classes at London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.

With four feature films coming out, it looks like Barton realized not all her roles would be as easy - and as true to life - as playing a spoiled California teen.

Jesa

Pearl,

I'm multiracial and I've never had a fake tan in my entire life.
Yet, I still watch the O.C.

jenner

First!

ToMZiLLA

hopefully it works.. but i dont really care..

hulk

Didn't she ask to be killed off so she could do more movies? Smart move since the show is probably going to be ending soon.

ozfan

I have never missed an episode of The O.C. It will be very different without Marissa Cooper (Mischa Barton).
One of the things bothering me is now it's on at the same time as Grey's Anatomy. Another favorite of mine. I'll have to tape I guess.
Good for Mischa taking classes! I'll be watching for her movies.

Jan Boston

This young lady is so classic, the girl nest door look casual and I am sure can be the stop in stop light at any formal function. I-- oops---have no clue who she is, but why not wish someone the best in what ever field they are in---I know I wish my dentist the best--(best in his field).

I would bet with polishing on her acting skills as you who know her suggest, she will in the future be a name demanding and getting top dollar---don't forget acting is an art form--and each artist deserves a chance.

Plus its not anyone I know so can't make judgements of their future abilities.
J

doug

Maybe she is finally getting a 'sixth sense' about her acting abilities.

J A Kiriakis

Hey, Pearl,

Isn't youth supposed to be spent on the things that are frivolous so you can spend the rest of your life suffering through the things that demand attention? Sounds to me like someone on here might be upset that she's pale, gray, too-deep, too-chaste, too bitter about her place in life and too angry that her bum would never slip into a pair of A&F or Hollister jeans.

No one here knows Ms. Barton so we should be wishing her the best instead of being overly negative about what she can or cannot do. After all, she's the one earning real money while we're busy questioning HER talents instead of our own.

Natasha

It's about bleaping time, she can't act for crap, and how she lasted that long still amazes me!!

J A Kiriakis

Dear Pearl,

I'm glad to see that you're so bitter over something that I said. It just means that I struck a nerve. And, I thought I'd remind you that Barton isn't an American. She is actually from England. That would make her British. If you were aware of any of Barton's previous appearances in film and television, you would see that she has always been ultra-slim. I'm an advocate of people leading healthy, beneficial lifestyles, but I find it disconcerting when people attack others for merely being famous. And, don't bring up wealth. You cannot begin to comprehend the life I lead so do not make assumptions about my income, little one.

milia

EWWW IDC IF MICHA IS OFF OF IT. YES I LOVE HER BUT STILL THE OTHER 3 CAST MEMBERS ARE JUST AS GOOD! GOOD LUCK WITH HER MOVIES THOUGH. OH AND GREYS ANATOMY IS THE GAYEST SHOW EVER I WOULD WATCH THE OC X34890734 BEFORE THAT!

jen

I couldn't agree more milia, Grey's Anatomy sucks, and I'd watch the OC over it any day of the week. I love The OC, and it's gonna be so hard to watch the show without her, considering I'm a big Ryan&Marissa fan. I will like, however, that the show will be more centered around Ryan, because he his so hot! It will be a great loss that the second character introduced (besides Ryan) in the pilot will be gone, considering that she was one of the beloved "Core 4". I'm not looking forward to Kaitlin and the whole "pot and Luke's brothers" storylines. I hope Taylor and Ryan don't hook up, don't get me wrong she's a great character and is hilarious, but I'm afraid she's too humorous/stuck up for Ryan, he pretty much laughs off anything she says because she can't be taken too seriously, she's mostly just there to make laughs. One key scene with her in mind is in Season 3 when she's involved with Dean Hess and she's texting him on her side-kick. Summer is watching her as Seth comes to sit down with her and see what Summer is up to. Summer then says "Look at her Cohen. Looking all 'texty'". Seth says another line something about having Dean Hess in her pocket. Summer then replies "She's got the Dean in her front pocket, back pocket and who knows where else?!" Funny and memorable scene. Not to mention her earth-shattering screech when she realizes the money for the Prom's after party is missing.

MuhKuhATwood

Omg .. to all those intelligent writers who only post they wouldn't care: is it your stupidity that makes you posting that or are you all just dumb...

if you do not care, leave ..

For all those well-educated :
Ihr seid echt dumm, manchmal hab ich das Gefühl jemand hat den Leuten ins Hirn geschissen und die denken dann, sie hätten die Idee ihres Lebens - unnötige posts verteilen ...