Celebrity Family Feuds

7/15/2006 11:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Everybody fights with their families - even celebrities. And while forgetting to call home may upset your mom, it won't land you on the cover of magazines next to Nicole Richie's latest missed meal.
Celebrity Family Feuds

Unfortunately, the big stars don't have that same luxury.

TMZ tracked down some of Hollywood's biggest family feuds that could give "Kramer vs. Kramer" a run for its money.

Angelina Jolie vs. Jon Voight

Angelina JolieIn 2001, Angelina Jolie co-starred with her dad, Jon Voight, in the hit film "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider." By 2002 they were no longer on speaking terms.

Voight went on national television and blamed the split on what he says were Jolie's "serious emotional problems." Jolie countered "I have determined that it is not healthy for me to be around my father, especially now that I am responsible for my own child (Maddox)."

She eventually legally dropped the 'Voight' from her last name.

Earlier this week Voight admitted that he still wants to reconcile with his daughter and that he has yet to see his new granddaughter Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt.

It seems Jolie's main man Brad Pitt may need to get involved in order to settle this Hollywood Fight Club.

Tori Spelling vs. Candy Spelling

Tori Spellin Ever since Aaron Spelling's death in June, Tori Spelling and her mother Candy have been involved in a catty and public exchange of words.

Tori first heard the news of her father's death via a friend's email and told Us Weekly "I can't believe my mom didn't call me!" Tori revealed she had only seen her father once since last September allegedly because she was unhappy that Candy was spending time with Mark Abramson, a longtime family friend, while Aaron's health deteriorated.

In response to Tori's interview in Us Weekly, Candy and Tori's brother Randy issued a statement saying "We are deeply saddened that, during our time of loss and grief, we are forced to respond to the media frenzy caused by the mean-spirited and surprising comments made by Tori to the press, just two days after the passing of Aaron."

Tori has also denied rumors that her estrangement from her parents had anything to do with her divorce from Charlie Shanian and subsequent marriage to actor Dean McDermott or her VH1 family-mocking series "so noTORIous."

Stay tuned for further developments in the 9021-Uh Oh.

Jennifer Aniston vs. Nancy Aniston

Jennifer Aniston severed her relation with her mother, Nancy, after she gossiped about her on a tabloid TV show and wrote the revealing book "From Mother and Daughter to Friends: A Memoir."

The rift ran so deep that Jennifer didn't even invite Nancy to her 2000 wedding to Brad Pitt. In 2004, Jennifer said "I never thought my mom would not know my husband."

Nancy may not have gotten to know Brad but he was partly responsible for bringing mom and daughter back together. Jennifer said that in the aftermath of her breakup from Pitt she and her mother mended their strained relationship. In 2005 Jennifer told "Good Morning America" "It was the time, and it was going to happen when it was supposed to happen. So this is good."

Now that Brad is out of the picture, it's good to see Jen and her mom are back to being 'Friends.'

Julia Roberts vs. Eric Roberts

Julia RobertsThe "Pretty Woman" and her brother Eric Roberts became estranged when Julia took Eric's ex-girlfriend's, Kelly Cunningham's, side in the couple's bitter custody battle over daughter Emma in 1993.

Ironically, as one child tore the siblings apart, another two helped reunite them.

In 2004, Eric visited Julia in the hospital after giving birth to her twins Phinnaeus and Hazel. Eric told PEOPLE "We all dropped a couple of tears" and everything is back on track.

Lindsay Lohan vs. Michael Lohan

Lindsay Lohan Michael Lohan has had more run-ins with the law than his daughter Lindsay's had boyfriends. He's been arrested for everything from attacking a sanitation worker and assaulting his brother-in-law to drunk driving. These incidents were especially troubling as they occurred as Lindsay's career continued on it's meteoric rise to teen queen stardom. Things were further strained by Michael's nasty divorce to Lindsay's mom Dina. Michael even wanted Lindsay's fortunes considered a marital asset in the divorce but the request was denied.

Lindsay documented her relationship with her estranged dad in the song "Confessions of a Broken Heart (Father to Daughter)." In the song Lindsay sings "If you loved us, why did you do all these things." To make it even more personal, Lindsay directed the video and cast her 11-year-old sister Ali as a younger version of herself.

Michael responded to the video with a song of his own which said "I do admit, I did at times fall. But these things you know were due to "THEM."

With Michael serving time in a NY state prison and Lindsay shuttling cross-country from hotspot to hotspot, it looks like they are both spending their time apart behind bars.

TJ

Brad and Angelina are FREAKS!

Deborah

Like Angelina cut her father off, I had to cut my mother off. It wasn't an easy decision. Some people are just too destructive and negative. I'm not saying I agree with Angelina's past lifestyle. Even now, she seems like the type who doesn't know how to sit still and enjoy life. She always has to be doing something. I think her lifestyle will take a serious toll on her children in the long run. But if someone cuts their own parent(s) off, they have a good reason. No one thing my mother has done was enough for me to cut her off. People tend to take a lot of s**t from their parent(s) before they say enough is enough. You can't concentrate on your children and your life if you let someone who is destructive in you life. If you give some people an inch, they will take a mile. I give kudos to Angelina for making the important and tough decision to put her children first.

Deborah S DeBeaord

I am certain I am going to get a ton of Flack for this but

I believe Lindsay Lohan, Angelina Jolie, and Julia Roberts are very full of themself. To me they seem snobbish, spoiled, and its their way or NO way.

Lindsay needs some definate therapy, especially about her man to man to man in search of whatever.

Angelina being the baby girl of the family I haven't seen a movie so far that has showed any acting talent at all.

Julia Roberts, ditto, ditto, ditto

I think Jennifer Aniston has a lot of acting talent, and will always be able to do act because of it. Whereas Plastic Surgeons can help a lot but who wants to see a 40 years old Lara Croft.

If Candy Spelling did not call her daughter when her father was dying she should be bitch slapped.

What Randy Spelling meant to say, was "We are sorry Tori chose to bring her mother out of the Bitch closet in Public."

A person looks at the celebrities and if compared with the New Talkies until now, we as Motion Picture and Television Fans are being short changed in a lot of areas. Movies made with computers, remaking movies, very few old black and whites being played .

The caliber of everything may be new and expensive it just doesn't mean good.

I would love to rate entertainment. Plus have my own Reality show., but it would be more based on the working poor and single parents trying to keep life going...

melissa

I think personal problems with family members should stay out of the media no matter what.Jon voight can't talk badly about his daughter and then expect her to want any kind of relationship with him after he did that,if he really cared he would have kept his mouth shut none of us know anything about what has happened in there relationship only they know the truth and there is always two sides to every story and i truly beleive that Angelina deeply cares for all her children very much If you hide from the paparazzi they take your pictures anyway so why not let them take pictures of the children your proud of,the press want what they can't have and will go after you until they get it but if you set it up for them to get the pictures all together then they wont be chasing you around all over the place.I think all of this is so sad I would never write a tell all book or do a interview about my child or my mother unless I discussed it with them and got the ok of what i could say and what i couldnt say,family is way more important then money and i think it is great that brad and Angelina have so much love and money that there able to give these children a wonderful home with careing parents.

Sharon

Angie's mom has supposedly terminal or at the least serious cancer. Jon Voigt has been lending her emotional and financial support. Brad has anohsoclose relationship with his family. I wish, for everyone's sake, this feud would end once and for all and give Jon another chance. It's fine and good to be helping the world but it almost seems more like a form of escape so as not to deal with her mother's health issues and problems with her dad. So he said "I worry she won't get into anything she can't get out of or handle." Big deal. And he said it publicly--horrible--but she wasn't talking to him so he was trying to apologize. He's said great things about Brad and Angie's way with the kids, her acting abilities, and how proud he is of her work. What more does it take? Let the man meet his grandchildren and live life like a real humanitarian--the kind who understands people make mistakes but also the kind who realize the error of their ways and apologize. A play session on the beach with Brad and Angelina and the kid with AJ's mom there and Jon--who will it hurt?

Deb

who cares about whether celebrities are getting along with their families, or each other for that matter. I do not watch tv or read the celebrity magazines, but still manage to hear too much about them.

I am so tired about the Brad, Angelina, Jennifer and now Vince thing I could scream.

People that thrive on this crap need to get a life.

Sharon

I agree with you, Deb. The parties involved all seem to have moved on and so it seems the rest of us should do the same. I know more than I care to but am pleased to report I avoid the tabloids I used to thumb through while waiting in line at the store as all seem to still have the sensational but thoroughly ridiculous headlines about Brad, AJ, Jen and Vince. It's tiresome....and often mere speculation. So why bother reading about it? There are many more important and interesting issues to be concerned with.

Renee

Angelina needs to forgive her father . That's the most stupid thing I ever heard of for not speaking with your dad or letting him see his grandkids. My father always messes up my kids names and my siblings and mine as do many people . Angie do your self a favor and forgive him cause your going to feel like a real ass when youare older and do it to your grand kids and they forgive you.

lea

That's sad. She is so family oriented but can't reconcile for the sake of her children. I understand if she feels it's not healthy for her to be around him and that would affect her children inderectly, but I'd also hate to see them miss the opportunity of knowing their grandfather.

Lance K.

I personally think that Mr. Jon Voight should stop mouthing off to every news organization he can get. Also it speaks volumes that he keeps talking about Shiloh yet he never mentions Zahara and Maddox. Angelina is the mother of 3.

bob

awwww

lac

Please the Jennifer Aniston story was just for PR. Have we seen Jennifer with her mother. No. Have we read reports that she had lunch with her mother. No. We have read many reports that she had been with her father. Even with Brad's mother but nothing about Nancy Aniston.

doug

Hmmm...this Jolie thing with Jon is sort of disturbing in that one wonders why she would think it's unhealthy to be around her father. Makes one wonder what happened between them only three or four years ago. Does anyone sense some incestious goings on there??

kim

she does love HER family thats why keeping a man who uses the press to SEND MESSAGES to his daughter is a great idea

KT

totally agree with #3. if jon voight had been so keen, he should also have liked to know maddox and zahara, they're also angelina's kids and angelina doesn't discriminate between them like mr. voight does.
plus, at the time it was rly the best for angelina to just get away from him. with a child to raise, she really didnt need negative attitudes and a discouraging father talking about "mental problems".
if anything, angelina proved she was a fine person by picking herself up out of any craziness she may have been in, and doing such a great job of raising maddox, single-handedly a lot of the time.

but at the same time, i think it's been long enough, and angie should at least have a talk with him and let him know what's wrong. in the interest of her, her family, kids and father.....but pls do remind him that zahara and maddox too exist n maybe he's been sleeping all that time.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments