Celebrity Family Feuds

7/15/2006 11:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Everybody fights with their families - even celebrities. And while forgetting to call home may upset your mom, it won't land you on the cover of magazines next to Nicole Richie's latest missed meal.
Celebrity Family Feuds

Unfortunately, the big stars don't have that same luxury.

TMZ tracked down some of Hollywood's biggest family feuds that could give "Kramer vs. Kramer" a run for its money.

Angelina Jolie vs. Jon Voight

Angelina JolieIn 2001, Angelina Jolie co-starred with her dad, Jon Voight, in the hit film "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider." By 2002 they were no longer on speaking terms.

Voight went on national television and blamed the split on what he says were Jolie's "serious emotional problems." Jolie countered "I have determined that it is not healthy for me to be around my father, especially now that I am responsible for my own child (Maddox)."

She eventually legally dropped the 'Voight' from her last name.

Earlier this week Voight admitted that he still wants to reconcile with his daughter and that he has yet to see his new granddaughter Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt.

It seems Jolie's main man Brad Pitt may need to get involved in order to settle this Hollywood Fight Club.

Tori Spelling vs. Candy Spelling

Tori Spellin Ever since Aaron Spelling's death in June, Tori Spelling and her mother Candy have been involved in a catty and public exchange of words.

Tori first heard the news of her father's death via a friend's email and told Us Weekly "I can't believe my mom didn't call me!" Tori revealed she had only seen her father once since last September allegedly because she was unhappy that Candy was spending time with Mark Abramson, a longtime family friend, while Aaron's health deteriorated.

In response to Tori's interview in Us Weekly, Candy and Tori's brother Randy issued a statement saying "We are deeply saddened that, during our time of loss and grief, we are forced to respond to the media frenzy caused by the mean-spirited and surprising comments made by Tori to the press, just two days after the passing of Aaron."

Tori has also denied rumors that her estrangement from her parents had anything to do with her divorce from Charlie Shanian and subsequent marriage to actor Dean McDermott or her VH1 family-mocking series "so noTORIous."

Stay tuned for further developments in the 9021-Uh Oh.

Jennifer Aniston vs. Nancy Aniston

Jennifer Aniston severed her relation with her mother, Nancy, after she gossiped about her on a tabloid TV show and wrote the revealing book "From Mother and Daughter to Friends: A Memoir."

The rift ran so deep that Jennifer didn't even invite Nancy to her 2000 wedding to Brad Pitt. In 2004, Jennifer said "I never thought my mom would not know my husband."

Nancy may not have gotten to know Brad but he was partly responsible for bringing mom and daughter back together. Jennifer said that in the aftermath of her breakup from Pitt she and her mother mended their strained relationship. In 2005 Jennifer told "Good Morning America" "It was the time, and it was going to happen when it was supposed to happen. So this is good."

Now that Brad is out of the picture, it's good to see Jen and her mom are back to being 'Friends.'

Julia Roberts vs. Eric Roberts

Julia RobertsThe "Pretty Woman" and her brother Eric Roberts became estranged when Julia took Eric's ex-girlfriend's, Kelly Cunningham's, side in the couple's bitter custody battle over daughter Emma in 1993.

Ironically, as one child tore the siblings apart, another two helped reunite them.

In 2004, Eric visited Julia in the hospital after giving birth to her twins Phinnaeus and Hazel. Eric told PEOPLE "We all dropped a couple of tears" and everything is back on track.

Lindsay Lohan vs. Michael Lohan

Lindsay Lohan Michael Lohan has had more run-ins with the law than his daughter Lindsay's had boyfriends. He's been arrested for everything from attacking a sanitation worker and assaulting his brother-in-law to drunk driving. These incidents were especially troubling as they occurred as Lindsay's career continued on it's meteoric rise to teen queen stardom. Things were further strained by Michael's nasty divorce to Lindsay's mom Dina. Michael even wanted Lindsay's fortunes considered a marital asset in the divorce but the request was denied.

Lindsay documented her relationship with her estranged dad in the song "Confessions of a Broken Heart (Father to Daughter)." In the song Lindsay sings "If you loved us, why did you do all these things." To make it even more personal, Lindsay directed the video and cast her 11-year-old sister Ali as a younger version of herself.

Michael responded to the video with a song of his own which said "I do admit, I did at times fall. But these things you know were due to "THEM."

With Michael serving time in a NY state prison and Lindsay shuttling cross-country from hotspot to hotspot, it looks like they are both spending their time apart behind bars.

BRAVO PARIS

Jennifer is the best, gorgeous, classy woman! Jen is the best!
Vagelina is disgusting, I wouldn't do her even if she is the last woman on earth! Her vagelina is wide as hell, guess so many men went tin here! Disgusting!

BRAVO PARIS

love jen

thankgodimcanadian

let's not forget, people, that angelina jolie is a home-wrecker. absolutely no one can respect her "love of family". this is someone who entered into a relationship with a married man. the sanctity of family means nothing to her. this is exactly why i am not surprised that she has no relationship with her father. while her and brad pitt are off adopting foreign babies, there are millions of children (not just babies) suffering in broken homes and poverty in the USA. and their efforts to save the world are laughable. there are brilliant, educated people out there, who are not celebrities looking for press, making a difference in these thrid world countries. recently, i had to laugh when i saw an article in a tabloid regarding the new pitt's charity work. the article was more focused on what they were wearing on their fingers than the cause. no one really cares. jennifer aniston is a real person who doesn't pretend to be anything she's not. she has the same problems as you and me, and that is why people love her. she does not use her status as to self promote. she goes to work everyday and tries to have a normal life with friends and family. if that was my mother spilling my personal business to the world, i would react the same way. sadly, her mother wanted money more than a relationship with her daughter. that is the worst disease i can think of. in the end if you can't trust your family, you can't trust anyone.

nikki

she is a homewrecker .... she only cares for herself

Linda

Also, I hate it when people say that Angelina is a man stealer... for God's sake it takes TWO... Brad was NOT stolen, he wanted to go because he and Jen were having problems way before Angie entered the picture..they would've broken up and divorced Angelina or No Angelina!
Nobody is stolen....if Brad didn't want to go he would not have gone. Nobody steals another human being. We all have free will....the only time it is against our will if it's it is rape or something horrible like that.... I hope both Jen and Vince and Angie and Brad will have happy lives with the people that are right for them, which now it seems they are with.

Lee

I really think everyone needs to get over this whole pity party for Aniston. She's obviously moved on, so why can't we? As for Angelina Jolie, she may have had some pretty wild moments in her life, but who the hell hasn't? She's a celebrity, but she's a human being entitled to screw ups like the rest of us. I commend her for all her work and for adopting these children. Even before this whole Brad thing came about., she was raising Maddox on her own and you could see how much love she has for him. So what Brad and Jen divorced and it all happened around the same time Anjelina came into the picture? They may have seemed like the perfect couple, but none of us knows what went on behind closed doors. I think everyone needs to stop playing God and judging Angelina or Brad and just let them be happy with their new family. Besides, they make a gorgeous couple.

brenda

Jennifer keep your classy self going . What goes around comes around. Brad and whats her name will get their pay in the end.

Brenda

Why is there a picture of Beyonce starting to hug or put her arms around her father displayed with the title of this article? It incorrectly implies there is some family dispute between Beyonce and her father, Matthew Knowles. THERE ISN'T! TMZ, let's not get sued for defamation of character by false insinuations. The picture of Beyonce and Matthew Knowles was the only reason I clicked on the article, since I have never heard of any trouble between them. Think I'll send a heads up to Beyonce & Matthew Knowles re: this article.

Mck

Family is not evrything in many ways when it comes to the way life turn around. People want to see the same things they thought of their family members through out life and it can't always be that way. Life evolve, people change and choices change. Humans want to see new things but they freak out when the change involve another person they know. I am african and I like to fly single engine planes for fun. My dad will not think of such a way for fun. And that alone caused a rift. Give me a break. I moved on and he stayed back. End of story.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4