Bringin' Back the Six Pack

7/21/2006 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Janet Jackson: Click to watchJanet Jackson's been everywhere showing off her new svelte figure and yesterday she took it up a notch, baring her stomach for a room full of journalists. While Janet's abs aren't quite as killer as they once were, they're definitely a work in progress.

Other than Janet's assets, the impromptu event, dubbed "The D.C. Press Junket for the International Icon," boiled down to a bland Q and A session. Journalists at the DC conference were given little insight as to what the singer was promoting. While she has an album coming out in the fall, none of the reporters in the room had been given and copy and all questions for Ms. Jackson had to be cleared through a mediator.

The anticipation of another wardrobe malfunction must have been the only thing keeping the interest of the press. She looked ready to bust out at any moment, arriving in only a jacket with one button fastened and a red bra underneath.

Photo Gallery
Janet Jackson

GJ

I am definately a fan of Janet Jackson. She is stylish and graceful at age 40.

Jeannie

GROSS!!!!!!!

Jay

Why bring a six pack to the party when you can bring a keg.

Tyler

Janet is the s***, I mean even after Justin play'd himself and left her hangin' with all the blame for 'dat superbowl bulls*** & a crazy ass brother, she is still head of the class ya' dig?

Catherine

That body is SHOT. Good singer, good dancer, but gaining and losing that much weight everytime she's out of the limelight can't be healthy. Next, heart attack.

Bored

Isn't she a little old for a belly-button pierce? Just asking...

TheseDays

Eeek........first Paula Abdul & now this mess. Oh-so-hideous. Why is that she can't comprehend to COVER herself, she can still look classy 'n sexy w/clothes on, but she insists on exposing that belly............well, now she can see this fiasco herself. And a big slap to her stylist.

jamette

I think she is pretty know matter what. everybody gains weight here
and there. she can still sing and dance. giver her a month and she
will be back to her old self.

sean

compare her to madonna in terms of maintaining your physique... and madonna's older... JJ... give it up... you're ashanti's mom!

the wise old owl

I argree with Marie. Post # 16. US weekly must have airbrushed her stomach for that shoot. It looked very firm with a hint of a 6 pack.Although she is in great shape after losing all that weight, SHE SHOULD NOT BE SHOWING HER STOMACH. It looks a bit NASTY. I am 49 years old and I work out all the time. I've never had to lose over 10 lbs, and I wouldn't even consider showing my stomach. Sure I can wear a crop top. BUT YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO SEE ME IN IT. As a performer with an EGO I'm surprised she would.

Pat

Janet, KEEP YOUR CLOTHES ON EVEN THE JACKET.
TALK ABOUT DISGUSTING.

Linda

Woman can be sexy at any age and many are. I don't know what the hangup is about age. I've seen many 40 and 50 year old woman etc...woman that look far sexier than any 20 year old!

Diana

Perhaps the purpose of this press conference was to show JJ's stomach to dispute rumours she had a gastric bypass? Wouldn't there be some sort of scar? At any rate, I agree with the posters who say she needs to cover up now. Yes, she can still be sexy regardless of her age ... but this look just isn't sexy ... on her or most women her age (and in her shape).

Poor thing. Warped senses of self must run in the Jackson family.

Kara

Age has nothing to do with being in shape.

Vic

its not the clothes.....its the LOOSE and STRETCHED out skin that makes her look frumpy.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments