Entourage Decoder: "Strange Days"

7/24/2006 3:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Last night's episode of "Entourage" found the gang very much in limbo – Vince unsure of his next gig, Eric wavering between two astoundingly hot girls and Ari waiting to re-emerge once more as a true super-agent after an icily awesome meeting with his nemesis Terence (while his real-life counterpart Ari Emanuel ruffled preppy feathers in a New England vacation spot).

And, as ever, there were questions for the Decoder: What's up with Ari's edifice complex? How has Vince gone from toast of the town to just toast? Why is Seth Green looking so forlorn? And is every episode going to end with one of the characters staring off in utter bewilderment while the end-credit music cranks up?

ART: Ari tells Mrs. Ari with unbridled glee that his new offices will "make the Endeavor building look like a Dunkin' Donuts." Just how majestic will the new Gold standard of agencies have to be to surpass Endeavor's?

LIFE: Pretty damn impressive. Endeavor, of course, is the agency that Ari Emanuel works for, and their two-floor offices on Wilshire Boulevard – Beverly Hills' biggest single floor space at 27,000 square feet per floor and 70,000 total – have gotten heaps of praise for its sleek, white-on-white interior design by LA architect Neil Denari. And Ari (and the wife) better be willing to shell out: The legendary 100,000-sq. ft. IM Pei-designed offices of Creative Artists Agency (just down the street from Endeavor's) are reportedly valued at more than $50 million.

ART: The boys tell Vince he's been compared to "Terrell Owens," though Ari tries to make him feel better by saying that "Aquaman 2" will make "'Speed 2' look like 'Citizen Kane.'" What's with all the comparisons?

LIFE: Terrell Owens, of course, is the former Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver who got fired mid-season by his team for being a football divo and becoming more of a pain in the butt than they could endure. And "Speed 2: Cruise Control" was one of the most derided sequels in sequel history – and the original movie's leading man, Keanu Reeves, was replaced before filming by the unlucky Jason Patric.

ART: Actor Seth Green approaches Eric as he goes to look for Tori on the roof of the Standard Hotel in downtown LA, and says that his sitcom got canceled because no one bought "four guys in their 30s living together." What is he talking about?

LIFE: The writers cleverly reference Green's real-life sitcom "Four Kings," which was in fact about four lifelong buddies living together in the same house (sound at all familiar?). The show got canceled after just seven episodes, and, indeed, some reviewers thought the show was a poor clone of "Entourage."

California Style - Maureen

I love Entourage!

gossip in MD

I was bored with last nights episode when will they bring some drama back I wish they atleast hinted to what will happen with Vince now that A2 is out for him. And why would Eirc even consider Tori, Sloan is so much preetier and not skank like Tori...Also I read somewhere that the winner of the auction was suppose to be a man and wants to take Vince home I know they said something about a Cuban guy who bought him that last time but why not make it interesting I think Lloyd should have gotten him I LOVE LLOYD!!

Bob in Austin

I don't know why I keep watching this. All the straight sex stuff puts me off. Sorry to have to say it... Straight people are obsessed with sex - and bizarre sex as well. A little of this goes a long way.

Patrick Grady

I thought the show last night was great. They are definitely setting it up so Vince gets a second chance to make Medellín. If you remember a few weeks back they said the start date for the film was early Sept.... just a coincidence that is the end of the season for entourage. They said Bencio del Toro took the movie but it will work out that he backs out and Vince gets to make the movie of his dreams.

Everything works out for Vince and the boys and right now this is the only "big deal project" they have mentioned outside of A2.

Galia

The show's been boring this season, why did they change the writers &producers????

Charles

Entourage is the best show on television.. the writing is genius... Piven is genius. And Bob, you are put off by all the sex stuff? Give me a break, what 20-30-40 year old heterosexual guy would not LOVE all the sexual references, AND hot chicks in every episode? Come on! Right?

Oh... I get it..

Adam Baum

With his band of gold (and diamonds!!!), Ari showed his heart of gold. I love that he took Mrs. Ari by total surprise. And you can imagine how hard it was to swallow and confess it to be C-Z. You just know it's true love between them for her to lose face on that one. I love that this season is showing us more Mr. and Mrs. A. Can we have a spin off series on the new agency and all the maniac agents prowling those offices?

LAURA parks-kremer

This is my answer to Sex In The City! I love this series! However I am now being called Ari....I love the compliment! Vince is beautiful, but Ari is the full package. PLEASE keep up the good work and continue to make me laugh out loud!