Lance Bass

Out of the Closet

7/26/2006 11:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lance Bass says he's gay and in a stable relationship with a reality show star.

Screen Shot 2012-07-02 at 9.26.36 AM

Over the last few months, TMZ shot video of Bass and "Amazing Race" winner Reichen Lehmkuhl, and although there was a buzz the two were a couple, they went to considerable lengths not to be seen in the same shot. In one video, as they walked through a park in New York together and saw the cameras, they immediately separated.

Now, Bass reveals to People he is indeed gay and in a "very stable" relationship with Lehmkuhl.

Bass told People that he feared coming out while he was in the boy band 'N Sync because he felt "it would overpower everything."

The 27-year-old Bass, a Baptist, has already told his friends and his "shocked" family, according to the magazine.

Bass now says he's at peace with himself.

Lance K.

I love when people say that they are happy the way they are and aren't ashamed yet he tried to never be photographed with his man. He can't blame it on Nsync. They've been over....WAY OVER

Commenter

Whew! Now JC and Chris can follow suit. Then the Backstreet Boys.

SheilaRP

SO!

Natural Cutie

I am so proud of him! I just hope that small minded people don't make what is already a difficult announcement, more difficult for him and his family.

Lisa

OMG......I had no fucking idea! I always he was stylish

nat

I feel bad that he felt he had to hide it at all. Awwww.

Jay

Glad for Lance. Be who you are. You'll be much happier.

yeahisaidit

well...i'm sure lance is the bottom in the relationship...not trying to be mean, but who wouldn't be wide 'open' for reichen? male or female....yum!

ECJ

He should've come out much sooner and maybe N'Sync would have gotten a little more publicity.

Please......like people didn't already know the dude was gay.

Go away Lance!

He must have a book or a movie coming out soon since he's not looking for publicity.

Missy

The Press, must have gotten close. Because really, who cares! Why do these so call entertainers think that they are fooling us. I think most of them try to act as if they are protecting us. But in reality, they are saving their own career. If you are Gay, say you are. What difference did this story make. There is no group now. I am sure if you ask the other guys, about this. They would tell you they knew.

BELYNDA

Well I am pretty shocked my self, I mean this is totally news to me, I never would have thought. I liked n-sync and they had huge success. But gay or not gay, he still seems like a really decent guy. Doesn't seem too have a bad snobby attitude like some of the stars. Good for him, I am glad he came out, because now he and his partner can be at peace and feel like they have a weight lifted off their shoulders. I wish you guys all the best. Peace , love, and happiness to u both.

Suzzette

Wow. What a shocker. This would normally be breaking news but we all knew this like 7 YEARS AGO!

White Rabbit

My ONLY comment: When are the other 4 coming out?

Uh?

Hey...Lance could form a new group...."The Backdoor Boyz"....

jen

OMG! I so cannot believe that no one knew about this. He was always the most feminine N*Syncer out there. Maybe he will take his boyfriend up to space like he wanted to be. They could start a gay race in outer space. Baby, BYE BYE BYE!!!