Lance Bass

Out of the Closet

7/26/2006 11:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lance Bass says he's gay and in a stable relationship with a reality show star.

Screen Shot 2012-07-02 at 9.26.36 AM

Over the last few months, TMZ shot video of Bass and "Amazing Race" winner Reichen Lehmkuhl, and although there was a buzz the two were a couple, they went to considerable lengths not to be seen in the same shot. In one video, as they walked through a park in New York together and saw the cameras, they immediately separated.

Now, Bass reveals to People he is indeed gay and in a "very stable" relationship with Lehmkuhl.

Bass told People that he feared coming out while he was in the boy band 'N Sync because he felt "it would overpower everything."

The 27-year-old Bass, a Baptist, has already told his friends and his "shocked" family, according to the magazine.

Bass now says he's at peace with himself.

John R

I could already tell the guy was a butt-nutt. Who cares!! This guy is a total loser that's using his sexual preference to get back into the lime light.

Horatio Ready

I don't think anyone was really surprised he was a fudge packer. His mannerisms, his style, his laugh all gave away the fact that he was just another gay blade starving for attention. Thank goodness he came out of the closet so he can finally get more attention. What a hoakie deal. Go away and get on with your life.

anthonysdreamgirl**

I knew it, i knew it, i knew it. I knew from the beginning that Lance was gay. I loved N'Sync. Good luck, Lance, you annoy me a little less now that you're being honest...

Carol

Good for Lance , He is a very nice Guy and we wish him well . It is to bad that the people making fun of him , think this way , one day it will be proven , it is in the genes . I know enough Gays . and have close family members who are , you could tell from 5 yrs olf they were , Now i can almost see a child and watch them for a few weeks and know , so far i have been right , My grandaughter meet them all while they were making a record , Lance went out of his way to be nice to the 10 yr old and even took a picture with her , Grow up folks

Prissy12

I'll tell you what. Lance's boyfriend is GORGEOUS! I'm not that shocked that he's gay though. Any guy who would prance around in a boy band has got to have gay tendencies. As usual the meddling press was in his business and made him come out. Why can't the press leave people alone? Being famous would be my worst nightmare! Anyway I say if you can find love in this world then go for it! I wish Lance happiness. He seems like a nice enough guy.

jakboy

Good for him. It's probably a big load lifted. I know was when I came out.
Everyone has the right to be happy.

lost in the AUG

I agree with Nancy. Though I am a strong supporter against gay relationships and gay marriage, this is disgusting. I thought that he was religious and all. Now he says he's at peace with God. How can you be at peace with God when this is going against His laws? What in the world is up with people these days?

ANA

LOL@ #13

Carol

I knew Lance was gay before Lance knew Lance was gay....
And yes, YAWN YAWN YAWN!

ANONYMOUS

OH MY GOSH EVERYBODY NEW WHEN WE SAW HIM HE LOOKS LIKE A GUY PERSON NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THAT BUT COME ON WE ALL NEW SO IT REALLY ISNT A SHOCKER FOR ME BUT THATS GOOD HE CAME OUT OF THE CLOSET

Jennifa O Jenny

Congratulations for him coming out of the closet. Hope he's happy. I never thought he was, interesting.

Manda

Good for Lance, this day in time you shouldn't to hid who you are. I have many gay friends and they are sometimes more better to hang out with them bc they are honest and they can shop and will tell us the truth...YOU GO LANCE!!!

stupidpeople

I think he should give all the money he made from those albums back. He is a fraud and has been lying to the public for years. He's a gay man who needs to be locked up . Why is he still famous? I pity the homo but you have to wonder...being that lance is 10 times smaller than his gay partner...who's the pitcher and who's the catcher. My guess....Lance is the catcher. Silly gay people and their shopping.

AJ

If Lance is with Reichen, what in the world is going on with Chip? Doesn't anybody care about poor Chip?

Rob

I'm glad he's found someone that not only makes him happy, but also seems to have given him the confidence to just be himself. Wouldn't it be great if more couples, gay or straight, could reach that point.