Mel Gibson Case -- An Outrage

7/29/2006 3:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson is garbage. What an awful person he is. True enough, I'm Jewish, so the grotesque remarks didn't please me none. And resisting arrest -- let me just say, I am privy to incontrovertible evidence that he did indeed try to bolt. It will come out, and it will shock you.

But even worse is that the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has become a shill to celebrities. I knew this 11 years ago with Tony Danza, who beat up a photographer and stole his camera. The Sheriffs were ridiculous -- they merely asked him to return the camera, which Danza did after removing the film. That was just fine with the Sheriffs.

Well, it's gotten a lot worse. In the Mel Gibson case, I called the lieutenant who was on duty Friday, who told me that Gibson's arrest was "without incident." And I asked her about the anti-Semitic comments around mid-day. She said, in the phoniest of ways, "Oh, I'm just sure that's not the case." It was such a lying comment -- I just felt it.

Well, turns out that this time I was right on target. The lieutenant who gave me the bogus statement is the same person who told the arresting Deputy to 86 the truth and create a bullshit explanation for what went down.

The Sheriff's Department is so screwed. They thought they could protect their celebrity resident who did not deserve protection. What they didn't know is that we'd get a copy of the report that they tried to censor. And what's worse, there's evidence that I'm not allowed to report that will nail them to the wall.

There needs to be an investigation of the L.A.County Sheriff's Department and STAT. As awful as Mel Gibson is, the Sheriff's Department is worse. This is a corrupt department. They thought they could get away with this and they got nailed. Now they say they will issue a full report to the D.A. -- yeah, right....because they got caught.

What do you think about this story? Call the TMZ comment line and we may post your raves and rants on TMZ! Call toll-free 866-895-8877 now!

l. Voeth

Mr. Levin............Get a Life!

Tom

So this is the same Mel Gibson that for years was in AA in LA, and donated large amounts of $$ to an AA club there? Mel... get back in teh program!

Jason

So, some of the above comments on this report seem to feel that what someone either says or does while being arrested should be "protected" from the public. That Mel really is a nice guy and it is unfair to him to highlight his personal actions during this trying time.

When Joe Everybody gets arrested, the complete police report is available in NON-REDACTED form. Why is Mel or any other "celebrity" any different? We all saw booking photos of various cleb's, why is Mel any different?

I'm not asking for the Sheriff's Dept to comment on the case OTHER than tell the truth about it! Stating what happend, releasing the actual reports, etc are not comments, just facts.

Bottom line in this case: Like father - like son.

L. L. McQue

Mr. Ciccioni put it right: Mel drove drunk, got arrested, will face a judge. Period. God forbid that any of us has to read in the papers the idiocies we say when intoxicated. Get off his back.

Eden

If this article is accurate, Mel Gibson should apologize in public for his degrading remarks. He is supposedly such a religious man and then comes out with such horrible antisemetic comments? I know he was (alledged) drunk but.....I don't think you say things drunk that you don't believe when sober! Another big "IF"....if there is proof that a second report was written leaving out Mr. Gibson's comments, the officer who changed the info should be given some jail time also. Most officers of the law are good citizens but we don't need more of them covering up the antics of famous people...........that's just not right!

Clyde Coombs

I've always known that Barbra owned the Sheriffs Dept.but I wasn't aware that Mel also owns a piece of them too!
I can't wait til I become a celebrity.

Mark

I'm a retired Mass. State Trooper...... and one thing I know for sure. Almost to a man (woman), when someone is arrested for OUI or DUI, the mindset of "do you know who I am" is always alive and well. Whether it's the owner of a famous eatery here in the Boston area (I won't name him because he's deceased and that wouldn't be fair to his family) to the blue collar worker, everyone demands special treatment...... and it seems that those demands increase exponentially with their blood alcohol level.

bonni

If Gibson is an anti-semite, his comments are newsworthy, even if not relevant to the dui charge. It does not matter much how the statement is uncovered just its accuracy. As an individual who owes his privileged lifestyle to the loyalty base of fans, his alleged hatred of one group of fans shows an incredible disrespect and ingratitude that cannot be ignored. If the truth bears witness to the statements you say he made, I certainly would never see another of his movies nor would i rent one. His propensity to spew his hatred through his movies and celebrityhood is ripe. Celebrities must understand their place in the public eye and treat it with dignity and grace, not venom and hatred. He especially should have had the state of mind to be cautious of his public statements, even if inebriated, given his father's history. I will watch this story very carefully. Hopefully, the truth will come to light and depending on the truth, Gibson will either be boycotted or given an appropriate public apology by the press.

charles weber

I marvel at how some people, working from their suppositions and prejudices, already have Gibson tried and convicted for anti-semitism. The fact that he was recently arrrested from DUI seems to add lighter fluid to their incindiary pack of lies.

If you did not like "The Passion" because it depicted a near reality story of the events leading to Christ's execution, then get over it. Some people still deny that the Holocaust took place. Those that would persecute Gibson for his work and his supposed anti semitism are no better than those who would deny the truth about the nazi transgressions against European Jews, Slavs, Russians, gypsies and other so called "undesirables" as defined by Adolf Hitler and his ilk. It seems that we spawn new Hitler types with every passing generation.

John A. Flynn

What do you expect from a jew website such as this? While I would like to believe that Mel Gibson is fully jew-aware, I have to believe the story is bs, as Mel is too devoutly Christian to call a female deputy "sugar t*ts" or to call people "motherf@#$ers" like the story alleges. That alone makes it sound like a jew-produced hate-smear of Mel. jew Levin, like all jews, fails to learn the lesson of not going so completely over the top as to make their bullsh*t non-believable.

steve

Mel is an idiot, the police have always been corrupt.
I applaud Tony Danza for beating the crap out of the papparazzi, they deserve it.

penney

I think that clebs "get away with " far to much PUBLIC misbehavior, what these persons do in private is thier own bussness ,but public misbehavior should be punished , especialy when it could endanger the population at large. Drunk driveing is a crime no matter what your zip code is or your income leavel, criminal codes are written for a reason and need to be enforced, our country was founded on equality, when did we as a nation lose sight of this , it seem to me that our country is getting more twisted by the day. I am sorry that Mr. Gibson seems to have so publicly soiled himself, but he needs to stand up thake his punishment and perhaps seek help ,or at the very least hire a driver or drink at home. thank you penney

BOB

LET'S FACE IT, MEL GIBSON'S FATHER HATES THE JEWS, HE EVEN HAS THE NERVE TO SAY THAT THE HOLOCAUST NEVER OCCURED!! iT IS OBVIOUS THAT MEL IS JUST LIKE HIS FATHER, HE HAS A PEANUT FOR A BRAIN AND BLAMES EVERYTHING ON ONE RELIGION. MAYBE HE FORGETS THAT CHRIST WAS A JEW, AND EVEN IF WE (THE JEWS) KILLED HIM, WHICH WE DIDN'T, THEN WHY IS HE BLAMING US 2000 YEARS LATER. IF HE IS TALKING ABOUT THE WAR IN THE MIDEAST HE SHOULD BE KISSING THE ASSES OF THE ISREALIS, THEY ARE FIGHTING A WAR TO SAVE THE WESTERN HEMISPHERE. ,MEL, IDON'T LIKE YOU OR "YOUR KIND" I HAVE A LOT OF CHRISTIAN FRIENDS WHO ARE EMBARRESED BY THE LIKES OF YOU AND THE REST OF YOUR SCUM FAMILY. I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL

Joyce

Why should the world care if Gibson hates Jews? No one seems to care that Muslims hates Jews. Ask the UN, they ALWAYS support Jew-hating Muslims, especially the headchoppers. They LOVE Jew-haters, and America-haters. Just ask them.

STEPEN LYONS

HELLO,BEEN HERE,I AM A GUY WITH A FAMILY AND UNDERSTAND.I AM IN AA BECAUSE I WAS SICK,I CANNOT SAY MEL IS.JUST MUST SAY IT IS A PRIVATE MATTER.POLICE DEPTS.LET SOMEONES PRIVATES OUT HERE FOR SURE.THATS A NO NO.GIVE IT UP EVERYBODY.WE HAVE ALL PARTIED.AT ONE TIME OR THE OTHER.MELS COOL.HE NEEDS SUPPORT.EVERY ONE IS NOT PERFECT.STOP YOUR BS MEDIA.ALSO BOTTOM LINE.ANY DRUG OR ALCHOLISM PROBLEMS ARE CONFIDENDTIAL.YOU COUD HAVE A DISEASE OR SOMEONE CLOSE,WELL KNOW ABOUT THIS PROBLEM TODAY,STEVE