Kim Jong-Il: The Spielberg of North Korea

8/11/2006 1:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If you're wondering what the top dog of the North Korean summer blockbuster season is, it might just surprise you to learn that it's not "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" or "Superman Returns." Rather, it's the somewhat more muted "Diary of a Student Girl" that is packing in the crowds all over the North -- not that the proletariat has much choice -- and its creator is none other than that famously tempestuous missile-wielding auteur himself, Kim Jong-Il.

The North Korean's official news agency KCNA reports that "Diary" -- which conveys the trials and tribulations of a girl and her younger sister as they strive to be scientists -- is screening "before full houses in [the capitol] Pyongyang every day, evoking lively response from people of all walks of life." What's more, KCNA says that the film "embodies the Juche-oriented idea of aesthetics of leader Kim Jong Il," and that Dear Leader found time during his "continuous inspection tour of frontline army units" to work on the script and produce the film, hailed as "a masterpiece of the times." (Juche is the guiding North Korean ideology of self-reliance.)

"Dear Leader" Kim has long had an obsession with film, claiming to have written and directed several movies. He also allegedly kidnapped the director considered the Orson Welles of South Korea and his actress wife, forcing them to create propagandist pictures for the Communist state.

Of course, we would tell you that "Diary of a Student Girl" was the top hit of 2006 in North Korea, but it's not even 2006 there -- the North's calendar starts in our 1912, the birth year of Kim Il Sung, so over there, it's Juche 95.

Alex Rogers

Cool Shades. - Funny Nose

BlackMetal

Kim Jong ROCKS!!!

steve

Male or Female

Nasty

U Know Who

Alex R, doppleganging me now.

Grow up child.

The One and Only

BlackMetal

kathryn

This man SCARES me!

crabbie

You're stirr worthress Arec Bardwin!

Alex Rogers

BM - That would be someone else posting under your name. Thats not cool of them. You know I do my own talking.

Later

U Know Who

Okay Sorry Alex. Yeah I kinda had a feeling you'd come at me head on , not try to slander me all sneakily.

Whoever you are thanks, imitation is the truest form of flattery. but you need to get your schtick down better I have never used so many exclamations. Nor would I post a lame one liner like that. So unoriginal fake BlackMetal please find your own stage name would ya?

Kim Jong was however the man who invented the toaster, and first to walk on the moon =P. And those two things are pretty neato..

BlackMetal

Alex Rogers

No more fighting BM. Thats was so Thursday.

brian scott miller

Few peolpe know, Kim Jong-Ils, favorite film is "The Godfather" by Francis Ford Coppola.

Deb

he is a stupid little man.....go away stupid little man, GO AWAY!!!!

TANYA

Kim Jong ROCKS!!!--------------ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? HE LETS HIS OWN PEOPLE STARVE AND HE ROCKS? ????? DUMASSS I SWEAR I HOPE HE DIES! THEY HAVE NO FREEDOM NO NOTHING.. I FEEL FOR THEM .. SO WHOEVER U ARE... HE SURE DOES NOT ROCK

Alex Rogers

Tanya,

Good point. But given the nature of this forum could you please not make your comments of a political nature.

May I suggest you comment on the dictators hairstyle, lack of muscle definition, or perhaps that fact that its been so long since hes been in a decent buddy cop film.

You suck Kim Jong Il

sam

Not trying to insult anyone but do you all realize who this guys is? He's not really someone I can even joke about even in this forum.

He’s crazy. Seriously crazy.

Alex Rogers