Haley Joel Osment To Be Charged With DUI/Pot Possession

8/17/2006 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ broke the story that the LA County District Attorney planned to file criminal charges against Haley Joel Osment. Well, it happened Thursday afternoon.

Osment, 18, has been charged with misdemeanor driving under the influence of alcohol. Osment has also been charged with driving with a .08 blood alcohol level or higher, with an enhancement of driving with a .15 or higher. Osment was also charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana while driving. Finally, Osment was charged with the infraction of driving under the age of 21 with a blood alcohol level of .05 or higher.

Osment, who was nominated for an Oscar for his role in "The Sixth Sense" at age 11, lost control of his 1995 Saturn on his way home and collided with a brick pillar in a suburb around 1 a.m. on July 20. No bystanders were injured in the wreck, but Osment wasn't so lucky: the actor was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was treated for a broken rib and a shoulder injury.

The collision caused the vehicle to flip over onto its roof and come to rest a short distance from the initial impact. The actor was reportedly alert and talkative following the accident, and was alone at the time of the crash.

joe

" I see jail time "

Lisa

#11 Actually, it was Friday with Chris Tucker and Ice Cube.

Lisa

A saturn. Really! What the heck is up with that? Mom and Pops must be up to NO GOOD.

Lisa

I see an ugly a** kid!

Lisa

Okay he was how old when that car was made????????????????? His parents should be ashamed.

RebeccaBBBBBBB

lol, aw man.

Amy

LMAO LMAO......you're right Lisa ......let me rephrase ( i musta been stoned) once again words from the wonderful Slater" Behind every good man ,there's a woman , and that woman was Martha Washington and everyday George would come home and she'd have a big fat bowl waitin' for em ...yup...that Marsha Washingto was a hip..hip hip lady"

Janie

I'm not surprised that he was driving a 1995 Saturn. He sounds to me like a kid who just screwed up. Like that's such a big surprise. The fact that he was driving an 11-year-old car shows that he probably isn't spending his money exorbitantly and is probably a pretty good kid. He just screwed up. Hey! My brother got thrown in jail for throwing 10 ears of corn into a corn field. Duh.

Janie

What is "hella ugly" ?

vlynnieg

most kids, celebrity or not, experiment with pot. statistically, though, it often leads to use of much worse drugs, which can wreak a person's life. I hope he is smart enough to learn from this and not wind up ruining his life and career over addiction.

kathryn

Amy, your cracking me up!

Junior

#8 - I dont appreciate your nastiness!

The point is that its illegal! If it weren't then he wouldn't be charged for possession.

To the other poster yeah am a "square". I've never done or even seen what drugs look like! Seems like my mother taught me better!

kathryn

Hella Ugly means VERY ugly. Hella means a lot.....

Amy

Hey Kathryn !! What's up girlfriend!!! I've been lookin' for ya on the Simpson /Lacey boards .........i finally found ya !!! Yer Laughin? Then my job is done!!!

water crotch

a1995 Saturn?!? no wonder he was drunk! Somebody please pay this guy so he can gert a better car!