Britney Spends Some Fast Cash

8/21/2006 4:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears' shopping excursions need to be quick these days, toting around a baby tends to crush one's shopping groove. This recent excursion was no exception- the pop princess managed to blow $5,000 in just 30 minutes!

While son Sean Preston cat napped in the car (no, he was NOT alone), the pop star blew through the trendy store Intuition in Los Angeles. The pop diva picked up a "Lock Up Your Daughters" jumpsuit for her son, as well as other baby tees because, as she told store clerks, Sean likes to sleep in t-shirts.

The expecting mom definitely didn't leave herself out of the shopping spree. She also picked a truck load of items for herself, including a pair of Habitual Knocked Up maternity jeans.

Other items in the singer's shopping bag include a brown polka dot headband (which Britney loved because it reminded her of Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman"), a round raffia hat and a green Jano by Anja Flynt purse that Brit actually wore home.

Folks at the store tell TMZ that most of the clothes Britney bought for herself are intended to be worn after the birth of her second child, as inspiration to get back down to her normal size. Good luck Brit!

Sources inside the store say the pop star seemed very happy and was a "total sweetheart" to everyone inside Intuition. The diva wasn't very "diva-like" they said, and only asked for a cup of ice while she power shopped.

ECJ

Please do lock up your daughters.... your parents should have done the same Britney. The last thing we need are more Federlines. Ugggghhhh!

charlyn

WOW Wish I could have that much $$ to spend in one year on clothes. Sean p Is super cute!

D&G

EEEEK. that widows peak and high forhead is not working for you, Morticia. You are still young, and especially creepy with you pregnant. Try to look somewhat feminine, you were doing so well this spring!

danielsgirl

i think she looks so much better with her new hair color. i liked the way she cleaned up herself for the teen choice awards. she was looking really hill billy before with her platinum hair and hatchet face makeup. if only she could loose the gum.

Jennifa O Jenny

Please STOP writing these bits about Britney - she's a has been, please let her fade into obscurity - her and Paris.

Kim

I think she is looking really good for being pregnant and having a young one to tote around- it is not easy... I was pregnant with my second while my first was only 3 months old...

Hollygolightly

I am so sick of those STUPID faces she insists on making. STOP LOOKING LIKE AN IDIOT. THAT SURPRISED LOOK IS ULGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO AWAY, and take Paris wonkey Hilton with you!!!!!

Matt

Noooooooooo...those kids won't be screwed up!!!!!! They have the BEST PARENTS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laszlo Storm

Well I feel gypped, we only got to hear about 5 things she bought. I want to hear about it all, especially some of the juicy details about the brown polka dot headband. I mean that could be an entire article all on it's own...

Jay

He likes to sleep in Ts? Don't make me laugh...more like wife beaters like his papa.

Stormy

Some of you are just so mean. Why do you read these gossip pages if you don't like these people. I just don't get you. Of course you don't understand people like me who are obsessed with celebrity gossip. SO I guess it just goes both ways. I think Britney looks happy. Beautiful? Not so much! But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's nice to see she looks happy.

c

hey anyone see Teen Choice Award last night?? Federline SUCKS!!

spyder

britney who cant sing sucks and so does her loser wannabe rapper who cant sing either husband !!

spyder

btw, did sean tell britney he likes wearing wife beaters like his loser dad ?

ROSIE

SHE ACTUALLY SEEMED NICE AND PUT TOGETHER FOR ONCE.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments