Daughtry Is Fan's Favorite TV Moment

8/21/2006 8:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris DaughtryChris Daughtry may not have won "American Idol" but he has topped AOL's 2006 "TV's Top 5! Viewer Awards."

Daughtry's shockingly early elimination on "Idol" ranked as the fan pick for the best moment of the past TV season.

The TV's Top 5! recognizes the most talked about television moments in categories like best Trainwreck Moment and Best Steamy Smooches.

Fans voted online for their favorite nominated clips.

Other winners include Jennifer Garner accidentally admitting the sex of her baby on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" for Best Celeb Did What?! Moment and Derek and Meredith's kiss on "Grey's Anatomy" for Best Too Close for Comfort Moment.

Check out all the winners of this year's "TV's Top5! Viewer Awards."

Sheri

Seeing Chris voted off that horrible Wednesday night was tragic. To lose to that goof ball Taylor Hicks! I hope it was voted into this category for a good reason and that Chris will carry on. My God how much I personally miss him!

mike

Chris Daughtry will probable sell more cds than any other of last years american idol hopefuls. He might even sell more than any other of the previous idol winners..

TheseDays

Daughtry wasn't all that.......just all right/ok. His vocals were the same ole thing, never fluctuated, you could expect the exact thing every time. He definitely needed coaching on stage presence, he would just stare at the camera, wouldn't or couldn't evoke feeling from his songs........just stood there and looked at you. You know, really, just average joe & zap charisma. Nice guy 'n all but BORING!!!

anon

He should have one..but maybe it's better if he didnt because he would be doing FORD commercials..how sad is that

Bobby

I'm glad that Chris Daughtry didn't win American Idol. He would have been the producer's b**** and as the comment above me said, "...he would be doing FORD commercials..how sad is that."

ROBIN

Chris Daughtry...........YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK!!!!!!!! He is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring! He and Paris should hook up!

kelly

ok for those of you who couldn't see Chris's potential - you have no taste. and for the comments about his wife and her kids - he is one hell of a man to marry someone and take in her kids and raise them as his own.
you obviously have no heart what so ever!!

ROBIN

Hey Sheri....Taylor is awesome...such character, talent, originality and grace! Unlike...Chris the doofus! He's just an anrrogant wanna-be rocker! Same ole...same ole sound as so many!

shry

Taylor Hicks is a very good example that looks don't always matter. America voted!! I was shocked, like Chris and everyone else, when he was voted off...but it was far from the last show...he was voted off fairly early. Sometimes i just shake my head and say ARE YOU KIDDING ME??
But seriously, Taylor has talent. He won...that's the end of it. No more sour grapes. Chris had exposure...let's see what he does with it.
I didn't like who won last year either. She wasn't my favourite. Hate the ol CW thing...Again America voted

shry

I just had to come back and reply to comment of #7. What a disgusting thing to say!
For Chris to embrace and love his wife's children is a beautiful thing. How dare you question or disparage that? We're talking about children. You're nothing but a cheap shot loser, that needs to get a life and a grip on reality.

Whatever

I don't think he is all that great. His look just stood out from the normal run of the mill AI contestants, Like Taylor Hicks.

kelly

you people are just jealous that is all it boils down to. he has major talent, looks, and personality!!! he is a good husband and father to kids that aren't even his.
and whoever made the comment about his wife was just plain rude. you don't know anything about her!!!

cathydebauche

I live in LaCrosse, WI and I drove to St.Paul just to see Chris perform on AI tour.
I have NEVER been a fan of ANYONE before. Chris has ALL THE QUALITIES
it takes to be s SUPER-STAR! He loves God, his wife and children and is
the best singer I have ever heard! I pray to God that he will be able to
deal with all the bad-mouthed people out there who slam him.....Why, what
has he done to deserve that....NOTHING.

MIKE

I do realize the OP of this crap about Daughtry was in response to getting eliminated how many months ago? That said fast forward to recent AI Live
tour...a thousand plus screaming fans, not to mention excellent reviews from
press in "every city" newspaper, cannot be wrong. In concert, LIVE where the
unedited version can't be covered up by background and yes music and flashing
stage lighting, one consistently remains a fave thus far, There can be no doubt,
Daughtry, he's a keeper, expecting great things from this guy in the future...

shry

oh my goodness...i was totally disgusted with what#6 had to say....#7 wasn't so bad. my bad...my mixed it all up...#6 you're a complete and total ass
hope you're lonely and single for the rest of your life

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments