Clay Aiken Goes "A Thousand Different Ways"

8/24/2006 5:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Clay AikenWhile many in the media have focused on Clay Aiken's off stage activities, Clay has been busy in the recording studio and TMZ has the new single from his upcoming record for you. The record, which will be his third release, is called "A Thousand Different Ways" and hits stores September 19th. The record will feature 4 brand new songs by Clay and 10 cover versions of well-known songs from the '70s, '80s and '90s, personally picked by Clay for the project.

Clay recently explained the record's title. "This is an album of love songs," says Clay, "but they are about all different kinds of love. Romantic love, Friendship, Unconditional love. There are a thousand different kinds of love; a thousand different ways to tell someone you love them. And, on top of that, since so many of these songs are covers, it's realistic to say that many of them have been or could be sung a thousand different ways."

You can listen to the single "Without You" here:

Gihonia Amelia

Great voice! I've been waiting for this album, and finally... Clay, U Rock!

Maricela

Clay Aiken is my favorite male singer and male entertainer. Clay Aiken is the greatest and the best male musical artist ever!!! Clay Aiken Rules!!!

FLIPPIN

Finally Clay,,,,,It's about time,,,,,can hardly wait to hear the new songs and the songs you personally choose...
Clay and Josh are the best male vocalist in this world....
I am the biggest fan.....and i am a grandma.......Love you Clay.
Tom Jones, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby: Eat your heart out.

Barbi

Can't wait to hear Clay's new album! If this is any indication ,{and I know it is}, of the rest of the album we are in for a treat!
Very proud to be a Claymate!

Jan

Wow! That just gives me chills.
His voice is fantastic.
I will be sure and buy this CD!

Thanks for the preview.
Jan

Irritated

I have to say I was very disappointed (ok, ticked off ) by the first line in this
article (blog) mentioning Clay's (alleged) "off-stage activities"'. We all know what was being hinted at. I'm sure you are not talking about his CHARITABLE off-stage activities that are actual fact.
Being a fan of Clay's, I was insulted and disgusted that you open with something that has so little validity to it.
All that has been proven is the accuser's true intentions and the internet
spoof is clearly a fake as any real fan of Clay's can tell.

Next time get a better "fact checker" !

lita

I am a fan. Yes, Clay has one of the best voice out there today. I can't wait to buy his album.

Teresa

Just what I expected, awesome Clay!!!! Very moving, gave me chills too. Looking forward to listening to the whole album. I know I will love it!!!
We will be enjoying Clay's music for a very long time!!!
Enjoyed the preview, Thanks!!

Teresa/Ontario

susan

Thanks for the preview. That was awesome-love his voice

Mary

That song/voice was amazing. No way is THAT Clay Aiken. Just don't think so.

Helga Voith Ganguly

WOW!

More! Give me more! Covers.New stuff. I really don't care. But 2 albums a year at least would be nice. PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE.

Joanne

Clay Aiken has once again proven that he indeed has the 'pipes of perfection' !
The songs he has chosen showcase the strength and beauty of his voice and his talent for taking a song and making it his very own!

Clay is a true SUPERSTAR in every sense of the word . What a joy it is to be captivated by each and every note and lyric he brings to this CD!
Clay is truly a refreshing gift to a nation in need of the purity and simplicity of the song !

Jane Idsardi

Thanks for posting this here. The new single is breathtakingly beautiful. I can't wait to hear more of his work on this CD.

Gia Owens

I have actually heard snippets of all of the songs and I have to tell you this CD is going to be fantastic! Clay has the most amazing voice. It gives me chills to hear it. Looking forward to hearing the entire CD. Clay you Rock!!!!!!

Theresa Perrone

After hearing the song, I could care less what the first line of this article says as it doesn't effect what my ears hear or like at all. That is an amazing rendition of Without You. If all the songs are this good, this will be a CD that I will be playing constantly. I am really looking foward to it now.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments