Cassie - From MySpace to Ours

8/25/2006 4:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Cassie: Click to watchTake one look at Cassie's MySpace page and it's easy to see why the 19-year-old model-turned-singer has over 300,000 friends. Other than her super sexy looks, her song "Me & U" has become one of the hottest songs of the summer.

"As far as the fame, it really happened overnight. As soon as the video went into heavy rotation on MTV and BET you couldn't stop it," she Cassie of her newfound notoriety. "I lived in the city for a year and a half and no one knew who I was and all of sudden I can't walk down the street. It's really strange. I can't get used to it."

After moving to NYC to be a model (the singer has appeared in ads for Abercrombie & Fitch, Delia's and Target to name a few), Cassie was discovered by producer Ryan Leslie, who encouraged her to start a MySpace page to promote her now hit single. Due in part to the success of that MySpace page, Diddy took notice and teamed up with Leslie to release her debut album.

Though her first single is already a hit, Cassie says she can always fall back on modeling if the music career fades, "I am actually still signed to Wilhelmina. It is always there if I want to go back to it."

turquesa

cassie is just a pretty face... Who has no talent... Pwsh-comparing her to Aaliah , JEEZ what were you thinK'N ?

CoCo

Could she be any more creative...Duh, Cassie note to self Danity Kane is better than you! How dare Diddy bring you out while he was being an ass to those girls, you better stick to ur modeling. Ur song is a hit, but you cannot perform!!! NOT AN ARTIST..

James in Milwaukee

I guess good looks is all it takes these days to be successful, not talent, certainly not talent.

WTF?

She should really go back to modeling. Please.................go away.

lalala

I think she's all right but I've never heard anything about her until now.

aneurysm

I, too, had not heard of her until now. She's a ton better than Danity Kane haha. She reminds me of Aaliyah in the way she moves & sings. Only good thing about Danity Kane is Andrea.

LIDA

Big deal - she signed to Wilhelmina. While Wilhelmina is good agency, IMG is a super model agency and I am signed to IMG, girls from IMG walk runway for Chanel and Chloe in Paris and Milan and New York, and get contracts with Prada and are in Vogue. You've got to be tall (and she's not tall), have narrow hips and thigs, and your facial features have to be wa-a-y more unique.
Cassie, get over yourself!

mscynth

aneurysm, you just made Aaliyah turn over in her grave. Comparing Assie to Aaliyah is an insult. Danity Kane's album has already beaten hers in the charts anyway. She lip-syncs and her dance moves are so stiff.

mscynth

And Andrea is the worst in Danity Kane.

mscynth

Nevermind i didn't me Andrea, I get her and Aubrey mixed up, sorry.

nika

my thoughts exactly #7! dont anyone dare compare her to aaliyah, there is NO comparison whatsoever!!

Charone

You can see her ribs and she needs a bath

Mikki

RUN back to modeling please....you can't sing worth sh*t!

hagaki

BEST SINGER EVER

tony w.

I don't know about danity kane but if you want to see how horrible this girl is, go to youtube and type in cassie 106 and park. Before you do, I want to apologize for being somewhat responsible for you seing that.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments