Jews to Survivor: Oy Vey. Indians, Same Way

8/25/2006 2:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sure, they might wander the desert for 40 years and completely miss their elimination challenge but if you're pitting ethnic tribes against each other on "Survivor," TMZ would like to know: Where, exactly, are the Jews? And whither the Native Americans?
Parody of a Jewish Tribe on Survivor

Professional bigmouth Rush Limbaugh thinks that CBS left out Native Americans from the tribal makeup because they "would have an unfair advantage" against the other ethnic groups in the televised struggles on the Cook Islands.
Parody of Native American Survivor team

On his syndicated radio show, Limbaugh said he has his early money on the Hispanic tribe, because, according to Rush, "these people have shown a remarkable ability ... [to] get anywhere they want to go. They can do it without water for a long time. They don't get apprehended, and they will do things other people won't do."

Exhibiting his usual equal-opportunity race-generalization, Rush thinks the Asians will "outsmart everybody" but that their survival skills are weak, and that the Whites will resort to any means necessary – spreading diseases, stealing property – to win. And Limbaugh takes a rather dim view of the African Americans, whose Achilles' heel he thinks will be – wait for it and shake your head – swimming.

mlc31

Rush should stick to his Oxycontin addiction and leave the commentary for others.

Kim

I was offended eight times reading this article, as a Native American and normal human being. What an asshole! That stuff about African Americans not being able to swim is totally true though (just kidding!)

A

Skye's Tribe

As a Native American I put my eagle feather in the ring. Call me Survivor I will put together a kick ass team. Let us play in the game. Maybe as a wild card team or something.

Skye

Lou

oh god, more jew obsession!! HARVEY LEVIN, GIVE IT A BREAK!!!

Of the worlds population, less than 2% of 1/10 of the population is Jewish.

THAT is why there are no jews on the show. but dont worry, all the execs making alll the money are surely jews.

Wicked1

I agree Mic31. The guy is an idiot.

ronny

Mel, I mean "Lou" shouldn't you be at an AA meeting?

Helen

I agree with #3 - I don't know if it's body mass, BUT - every African American friend I've ever had (so far in my life) can't swim, and is fearful of the water.

Nicole

I'm African American and I can swim just f*cking fine. So can my African American parents, siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins. Even my African American grandma can swim. My mom and stepdad even have a *gasp* pool!

I am baffled by the way that some people stereotype races.

Kim

@ Lou: (Natural) blonds make up less than 2% of the population also and somehow manage to get on the show.

Rachel

Leave the Jewish ppl alone! we dont need your f***in apology Mel. you can shove it up your f***in a**. . now F*** OFF

Lisa

What in the Hell is wrong with everybody? When did ignorance become the in thing?

hollycow

3. Every single African American person that has been on Survivor (as far as I can remember) has been scared of the water or unable to swim. I am just saying.........

Don't say it, because all you're doing is implying that it's true that all African American people can't swim. And that is just racist.

Michael Foster

I heard what Rush said and it was said Tongue in Cheek! What is it with you morons? Harvey, what a jerk, you won’t let the Gibson thing go and now you start a bunch of crap about Rush, someone who didn’t hear what he said and just read what he said the way you interpreted is dishonest on your part and you know it. Keep Spinning Harvey and you won’t have the new show very long either.

Lisa

Harvey,

I agree with Michael Forster -- Rush said all this tongue in cheek, and as usual it's taken out of context like it was all serious. Rush even picks up on what people like you do with his comments.

Why don't you just say that you HATE Rush to begin with, rather than act like you are "reporting" -- this isn't reporting, it's falsifying what someone says.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments