Redstone's Wife to Cruise -- "You're A Putz!"

8/25/2006 9:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tom Cruise clearly displeased Viacom Chairman Sumner Redstone enough to get himself axed this week, but he evidently also committed one of the biggest cardinal sins for any employee: He pissed off the boss' wife.

Paula Fortunato, Redstone's wife, was "incensed" by one of Cruise's rants, and told her honcho husband that she was boycotting Cruise's product forever.

Indeed, as Page Six notes, one of Redstone's justifications for severing ties with the Scientology-obsessed star was that his behavior had alienated female fans. One of those fans who wouldn't come back, apparently, was Fortunato, a former school teacher almost 40 years Redstone's junior who married the mogul in 2003. She was outraged by Cruise's inexplicable digs at Brooke Shields, and told her husband that she would never "see another Tom Cruise movie again!"

A Viacom spokesman says, "It is true that Mrs. Redstone disagrees with Tom Cruise's views, but she and Mr. Redstone see every Paramount film."

Macy Tells Lohan: "You Can't Show Up Late!"

William H. Macy has some tough love for freckled phenom Lindsay Lohan regarding her recent spate of tardiness: "It's very very disrespectful." But he says that Tom Cruise, whatever else he may have done, isn't late to set.

Macy told reporters at a junket yesterday that lateness on a film set is pretty much unforgiveable: "There is not an apology big enough in the world to have to make 150 scramble ... It's nothing but disrespect." But to be fair, Macy said that Lohan "is not the only one. A lot of actors show up late as if they're God's gift to the film. It's inexcusable, and they should have their asses kicked." Macy worked with Lohan on the upcoming film "Bobby," and said that she was "pretty late" getting to the set.

Macy also expressed consternation about Lohan and her young cohorts who get rich and famous in their teens: "I worry about these young kids – 15, 18, 20 years old – who in the span of one year become millionaires and powerhouses. It's too much power for a kid that age to handle."

Angelina Avoids Dad Voight at Party

When Angelina Jolie learned that her estranged father, Jon Voight, was at a party she was about to enter, she waited for a half-hour in her car with her baby's daddy Brad Pitt until he left. According to Page Six, the actress went with Pitt to a birthday party for Pitt's "Ocean's Twelve" co-star Scott Caan, and wouldn't go in until Voight, who said on television back in 2002 that his daughter needed help for her "mental problems,' leading to their estrangement, left. Pitt eventually ambled in, whereupon Voight left, allowing Angie to enter through a back door.

Evans Seethes Over "Entourage" Caricature

Art may have skewered life a little too mockingly for one of Hollywood's legendary producers. Longtime Tinseltown legend Bob Evans was recently referenced on an episode of HBO's "Entourage," in the form of a washed-up, slightly sad character by the name of "Bob Ryan," played by Martin Landau.

Now, reports Ben Widdicombe, Evans is "furious" about the portrayal and especially so because he allowed the show to his own house as the set for the episode. The show's producers wanted Evans to appear on the show, but he declined. And Landau's rendition of "Bob Ryan," which pretty much everyone who watched the show identified as an analog of Evans (despite HBO's denials that there's a connection), made the character out to be a doddering old man who's lost more than a few marbles.

Goodie Bag: Tokyo Relents on Britney Poster, McConaughey Shuns Brunette, Cronkite Records Voiceover for Couric

Just a day after saying it would censor the Britney Spears Harper's Bazaar's cover on its walls, the Tokyo subway authority said it will allow the ad to appear without any concealment. Officials say they understand now the picture was meant to be of a happy mother, and not sexually explicit ... Matthew McConaughey had an unwelcome visitor in his car in Miami Beach the other night – a young woman followed him out of a club, and got into a car with him. Thirty seconds later, she was kicked to the curb, says Ben Widdicombe, and Matt drove off with Lance Armstrong and a blond lady friend ... Walter Cronkite, the eminence grise of CBS News, has recorded the voiceover for the opening of the new "CBS Evening News " with Katie Couric. Though the opening has been used in rehearsals, there's no word on whether it'll be in the final broadcast.

Add to: My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

Jeannie

Yes, he is a PUTZ!!!! But I'm sure he will go on to make many more multimillion dollar movies.

Tom Cruise

Look at me. I'm a varmint.

mike

Now we know who makes the decisions for Viacom. Sumner would rather cut cruise loose than have a pissed off wife at home.....other news....

Lea

Fact: Redstone played dirty!
Fact: Tom will continue have blockbuster hits and we'll all see a good movie.
Fact: Tom doesn't have a clue about woman or giving birth so he should keep his fat trap shut.
Fact: Tom is brain-washed by Scientology. He acts like someone from a cult!

Phil

It must be the Summer's God complex is loose again. While I am no fan of Cruise, he has made alot of money for Paramount. I am also sure that there will be a few studios that will produce Tom Cruise movies.

chris

TOM CRUISE IS A C*CKSUCKING BITCH

Marina

I cannot stand the guy and will not see his movies any more. From jumping on couches and announcing every step of his relationship with Homes I think there is something really weird about this guy.

sherri

will someone tell britney she needs to learn that she has money and that money can be used for dressing like she can afford to wear clothes. Also she needs to learn that chewing gum while talking is a redneck/white trash thing. i guess no amount money can buy class

s

SouthernHarmony

I agreed with Redstone's wife! I have decided not to give Tom Cruise any more of my money. I would watch a Tom Cruise movie if it is on "free TV" only. After his insane rantings, I decided I didn't want to finance his career anymore. He is using his fame to advance (or decline) the Scientology mission. While I believe he has the right to do so, I choose to spend my money elsewhere.

Christine

Ahaha, finally, some news about Cruise I like!

ROBIN

Hey Mike ~ I think it's great that a man in that position would listen to his wife! My husband greatly appreciates my opinion and he is an awesome, intelligent man! Don't you know by now that the woman is such an important part of a mans being. Hopefully you will find as great of a relationship as myself and the Hollywood big-wig! TC has totally lost it...he and his wife made the right decision! have a great day!

duh...totally !

Leave Tom alone ! He's still cool :)

what has he done that is sooo wrong???
showing the world his love for Katie??--yah it was over the top...but with all the fluid-swapping the MOST hollywood celebs do, I don't think it was that big of a deal.....

now the crap that comes out of Paris's mouth ???? she should be Fired or cut-off or whatever---she is a Zero Talent waste of Flesh !

duh...totally !

AND...Tom has made a ton of money for those people.....who are they going to replace him with...Brad Pitt ? no thanks !

bogart4017

Do you think after this week Tom will sit down, shut up and make movies instead of trying to heal heroine addicts and mothers with ppd??

duh...totally !

to me Tom is more Real than most celebs.....do you think that fat slob Brandon and his B*tch sidekick Paris would have helped a car-wreck victem ?? NOT ! Their heads are so far up their own asses!

Tom will continue to make movies & money ! No Worries Tom !

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments