Bruce and Patti

Go Rumor-Squelching

8/28/2006 6:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE 6:08pm: Bruce Springsteen has posted a statement on his website, brucespringsteen.net: "I hesitate to use this website for anything personal believing it should remain a place where fans of my music can come free of the distractions that occasionally arise with the rest of my job. However, due to the unfounded and ugly rumors that have appeared in the papers over the last few days, I felt they shouldn't pass without comment. Patti and I have been together for 18 years- the best 18 years of my life. We have built a beautiful family we love and want to protect and our commitment to one another remains as strong as the day we were married."

Bruce Springsteen and Patti Scialfa threw some cold water on rumors that a split between the two of them was imminent with a little antique-shopping trip last Friday -- and even gave fellow patrons an impromptu concert.

brucepatti_antique_365-1
TMZ spoke to Judy Barnaby, a manager at the Antique Center of Red Bank in Red Bank, NJ, about an hour from New York City, who told us that the couple showed up on Friday afternoon and perused the store's antiques for about an hour, holding hands and acting "not at all different" from their customary behavior.

Springsteen and Scialfa have been regular customers at the store for 20 years, according to Barnaby, who first recounted the couple's shopping jaunt on redbankgreen.com, a local news and opinion blog. Dispelling any suggestion that she and Bruce might be separating, as reported last week, Scialfa gave Barnaby a hug, reports redbankgreen, and said of the rumors, "Isn't it ridiculous? My friends are more upset than I am."

Later, Springsteen found an old guitar, and Scialfa an antique mandolin, and the pair did a mini-set of songs for "enthralled" customers. And the Springsteens aren't the only rockers to visit the store: Sheryl Crow stopped in yesterday, says Barnaby, to do a little browsing, though she didn't make any music.

Cathy

I went to a Springsteen concert years ago. We were about 2 hours early and they let about 100 of us in. Springsteen, et al were in practicing/warming up and we were allowed to walk right up to the stage and listen and visit with him for about 1/2 hour. It was great.

sam

I'm reaaly glad it was just a rumor. Best wished to these two.

sam

or "really" anyway ;->

coco puff

I guess he was looking for his last hit! They should of put him on the self!

chris

BULLSH*T

Easily Bored

Smoke screen. It's over and they're just covering up. It was a very carefully worded note. I, for one, couldn't be more thrilled. Even though they're both nnnnasty and totally deserve each other, she has it coming to her...even if it did take 18 years. He has shame coming to him...so, yeah. I'm thrilled.

anon

YOU GO BRUCE
UNDYING LOVE

Rubydo

We shall see and only time will tell.......

DESERT RAT

I AGREE WITH 5 & 6 ......

HE GOT CAUGHT WA... ! WA....!

Momma

Mother may I have two heaping plates full of bull!

DESERT RAT

THE RUMORS ALWAYS END UP BEING TRUE.

NICK AND JESSICA,
BRAD AND JEN,
BRAD AND ANGELINA,
OWEN AND KATE,
KATE AND CHRIS......AND SO ON AND SO ON.

Joisy Boy

"if i fall behind, wait for me"
"tramps like 911 widows, baby we were born to run"
hey red, you knew what you were getting, now you know what you got!
-a Bruce fan, who doesn't buy the holier than thou hypocritical BS
shut up and sing, don't preach...i

linda

It is just a cover. Do not be fooled by this, we have seen this before with othersThe thinkwe are stupid

Easily Bored

Um, yeah...ok. Saint Patty, who never had an affair with a married man, doesn't have it in her to lie. She knows the comments that are going to come about how she has it coming to her and he's trying to save a little face. Trust, they're doing all this til the lawyers can get a nice little statement together to release to the public. If I was a betting woman, I'd put money on it. The only celebrity who has proved me wrong is Kobe. And that was a situation of him wanting to keep his wife and her allowing herself to be bought. Bruce found some fresh meat...and it's cute because it ties in all neatly with his political rantings. He'll have political arm candy, if you will.

He's scum, Patty is guh-ross, and this 9-11 widow is a whore because she too is having an affair with a married man. Let the circle be unbroken.

Dina

I don't believe for one second that Bruce and Patti are seperating. Just like I didn't believe John Mark Carr killed Jon Banet Ramsey.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments