Marisa Tomei Gets Off!

8/28/2006 3:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Don't ever underestimate the power of Marisa Tomei's smile. The famous grin not only lights up the big screen, but it also carries an uncanny influence over the NYPD.

The "Anger Management" and "Someone Like You" star was pulled over in New York City over the weekend for not wearing her seat belt while driving through the Big Apple. Sources tell TMZ that Tomei gave one of her best performances yet, as she begged the officer to let her slide. Among her reported tactics; repeatedly batting her long luscious eyelashes and continuously flashing her pearly whites.

Tomei's flirt session worked like a charm! The officer fell for the act hook, line & sinker and allowed the actress to drive away with only a warning!

Amy

Typical guy..........always thinking with the wrong head -- this time to Marrisa's benefit.

Jim

Batting her eyelashes? It looks to me like she's wearing sunglasses!

sam

No male cops ever give out tickets to good looking YOUNG women. Hello? This is not just a celebrity thing it's any young girl. I could pave a highway with my warnings from cops. Just remember to smile, smile, smile.

Jeff Davidson

Love Marissa Tomei!

amelia

I got out of two traffic tickets in my early twenties..You don't have to be a celebrity to pull this one off..

KJ

Marissa is ADORABLE!! Her personality alone shines but it helps being as cute as she is. She one of the FEW actresses of today that I admire and I respect. I wish we saw her in more movies.

What's funny here is the Papparazi is relentless....can they give these celebrities a break?

Awesomeness

No surprise there - I'd expect an Oscar winning actress to be able to flirt her way out of a traffic ticket!!

Lou

TMZ is getting really ridiculous.

get a life people

I bet he saw her on rescue me lol....That is why he let her go........

Shannon

Marissa is in her 40's now but that is young! the 40's are the new 30's. She is single too-- guess she has commitment problems like the rest of us :)

sean

work it girl!

Tyler

Have U seen Marisa getting f*ck'd on the show "Rescue me?" Sh*t, she is hot as f*ck so I don't care I would let her slide 2, right after she put in some work 4 me in the squad car, ya' dig. . .

linda

I am glad that she got away. Cop are fat assed donut eaters anyway.Seat belts should not be mandetory. There is no freadom anymore.If you want your guts and your friends who ride with you to hav their brains spread all over the road so be it

LIDA

People!
Remember to always, always wear your seatbelt, I am not gonna go into details, but it literally saves lives. I was sceptical all my life , but learned that it seems like a little thing, but it's sooooo important.
As for her getting away with no ticket - almost every day I get away with something just by simply smiling, I mean when there is a guy I should smile at. If there is a girl - oh - then - PEACHES!!!

cat

hmm,,,,,,good for her - last summer i was driving FAST and not that fast - in a black cabrio - top down - earth wind and fire blasting - and got pulled over for speeding - i was on a back road with no traffic -

the cop found a 40's woman out on a drive - sober - just having fun - his parting words to me were "- i would slow down if i were you - 69 is not a legal speed on the MD roads!" gave me a wink and a warning -

i hardly had to flirt - i was really worried i was going to get a ticket - he just saw who i was and cut me a break! some cops are good -

and WHY give Marisa a ticket for a SEATBELT! oh please! she rocks!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments