PETA Wants Gator-aid From Beyoncé

8/29/2006 1:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

PETA is going after Beyoncé Knowles -- again -- after the singer told Arena magazine about her peeps taping a baby alligator's mouth shut during a recent photo shoot.
Beyonce
The shoot went down for Beyoncé's upcoming album, "B'Day." She told the magazine, "There was a shot where I held an alligator. (It) had (its) mouth taped -- that was my bright idea." Beyoncé added, "He was really cute, but since his mouth was taped, he didn't have any way to defend himself. He was upset, so he peed on me. That was an experience."

PETA thinks it was a bad experience -- for the gator. The animal rights organization contacted one of the world's leading biologists, who wrote Knowles a letter saying, "As a specialist in reptile biology and welfare, I'm concerned about your posing with a terrified baby alligator for your new album cover." He added, "Humans and alligators are not natural bedfellows, and the two should not mix at events such as photo shoots. In my view, doing so is arguably abusive to an animal."

Beyoncé has not responded to the letter. This isn't the first time PETA has gone after her. This past June, Beyoncé and her mom were confronted by PETA members at a fancy New York restaurant over the singer's use of fur in her fashion lines.

SOUND OFF: We want to hear from you - LITERALLY! Call TMZ's toll-free number 866-895-8877 and sound off (but not for more than 30 seconds)! Start with your name and tell us where you live.

Kristy Walker

Okay. First I cant stand Beyoncé. Second, I dont always agree with PETA. But How dare someone take a wild animal and tape there mouth shut just for a stupid photo shoot.. The poor thing was scared and pissed itself. How would she feel if the tables were turned. Why couldnt they photoshop her in the picture.
People piss me off.. and for the doosh who wrote he is gonna go and have a steak tonight.. You enjoy that steak buddy.. have fun in the hospital years from now with colon problems..Good for you that you are a carnivore dont be ignorant about it..

Livy

I wish that PETA would leave her alone. No, I don't believe in cruelty to animals, but there is also such a thing as going to far; and I think PETA has crossed that line. The next time a little boy or girl gets attacked by an animal, who is PETA going to stand up for?

Shannan

If you love animals and want the best for them (to be treated humanely, not to be killed for sere sport, etc.) there are so many other way so much better than PETA to give your passion a voice. Give this site a look and do a little independant research.

Who could join them with clear conscious?

As for all the animal lovers who are screaming vulgarity in the name of your cause, PLEASE find a different way. It is not at all persuasive. I am speaking to you Coco.

jack e. jett

i think she is into golden showers. in the photo it looks like she is peeing on the alligators. and then the baby peed on her.

it sound like a gator golden showers goodtime.

she looks like such a skank. someone needs to tape her skanky ass mouth shut. her parents should feel shame for bringing such a whore into the world.

who the f*ck does she think she is?

jack e. jett

CoCo

Frizby Girl
Frizby Girl..

Here we go again....I can speak vulgarities if I wish it is called FREEDOM OF SPEECH. Just in case you have not noticed I am not the only one! Some people just express themselves with these kind of words. BoO HoO! Now who the hell told you that I support PETA? You are just another retard on here. You have absolutely no idea of who I am or what I contribute to this cause. I am not trying to persuade anyone, I'm just here like anyone else speaking my mind and if it offends you then go live in a communist country where you will not have to tolerate anyones comments. NUFF' SAID!!

lela

She's so ugly and stupid. those two alligators combined have more intellect than her (and probably smell nicer). As one person posted early on, she looks like she's defecating--and she does. She's an example of the media TELLING us that she's beautiful and talented instead of the public DECIDING THAT. Michael Jackson is prettier....

LAUREN

THIS COMMENT IS FOR SPUD ON BEYONCE'S BEHALF--STOP HATING THE FACT THAT SHE IS HOT AND SOMEONE WOULD SPEND THEIR MONEY ON HER ALBUM INCLUDING WHITE SUBURBAN BRATS WITH THEIR PARENT'S EMBEZZLEMENT MONEY. NOW YOU GO GET A LIFE. BEYONCE IS A GENUINELY GOOD PERSON AND A TALENTED ARTIST SHE DOESN'T DESERVE IN MY OPINION TO BE TRASH TALKED LIKE THIS ESPECIALLY BY A LOW LIFE WHO HAS TIME TO POST MORE THAN ONE COMMENT HERE TO TRY AND MAKE HER FEEL BAD. IT TAKES MORE ENERGY TO HATE SOMEONE THAN TO LOVE SOMEONE.

Alia

While I am no fan of Peta, taping a poor baby's mouth shut is just plain wrong. What would of been nicer was if he crapped on her instead of just a little wee-wee. But then we are talking of a girl who went on a diet consisting of maple syrup, lemon juice, cayanne pepper and water now. We can't expect brilliant ideas in securing a baby gator's mouth shut or her own for that matter.

sam

She looks like Grace Jones.

homegirl101

I lived in Savannh, deep south for many years..I,am a wasp from NY..the Afro-Americans were the best people that I had ever met...The wasp culture..penny-loafer, volvo driving..straw bag carrying folk were stuffy, stuck up and rude...I am so not racist...and to define the culture as some of you here is ignorant...there are some undesirables..of all cultures..I would live next to a black family...any day...as opposed to white trailer trash..redneck, junk yard hillbillies anyday..but, also I wanted to comment that slavery goes way back...the Americans did not start it...they were brought here by the Spanish, and English....some had better lives here than where they were....comments about old history are just that....can't change it...just fix it going forward....hopefully so....

CB

First of all to #9 Spud is it? Re: welfare checks and glitter nails, actually if you do the research just as many non minorities or actually more purchase hip-hop music then the persons you were referring to. That is why the sales are through the roof. Next until everyone stops eating, wearing and harboring animals, I think people especially PETA needs to stop going overboard w/this animal stuff! Lastly do I think Beyonce in general is overexposed? Yes, absolutely, however it is just good marketing on her part, so don't blame her for trying to have her moment. Look at Madonna, Marie Osmond and the likes who've been around forever!

CLEMENTINA

I LOVE BEYONCE!!! SHE'S CERTAINLY NOT BRAINLESS!!! SHE'S BEAUTIFUL AND VERY TALENTED!! I LIKE THE PHOTO SHE'S VERY ATTRACTIVE!!!! GIVE HER RESPECT!! SHE CAN ACTUALLY SING!!!! SHE HAS A GORGEOUS FACE, SKIN, HAIR, BODY.......SHE'S VERY VERSATILE IN HER SUCCESSFUL CAREER....I HAVE MASSIVE LOVE FOR BEAUTIFUL BEYONCE!!!!! SHE IS ALSO VERY SWEET AND HUMBLE PERSON......HOW CAN ANYONE IN THEIR CORRECT STATE OF MIND NOT LOVE BEYONCE??? FORSAKE WHAT PETA THINKS!!!!!! I LOVE BEYONCE REGARDLESS IF SHE WEARS EVERY ANIMAL ON EARTH COMBINED WITH THE ENTIRE SOLAR SYSTEM!!!! I LOVE HER!!!!!! XOXOXOXO BEYONCE!!!!! MYSPACE.COM/LUVEMINEM
ME THE "ONE" AND "ONLY" ~~**CLEMENTINA**~~

CLEMENTINA

I'M GOING TO HAVE BEEF, STEAK, SALMON AND TURKEY ON BEHALF OF PETA!!!! SUPPORT AND BESTOW BEYONCE LOVE!!!! XOXOXOXOXO BEYONCE!!!! MYSPACE.COM/LUVEMINEM
ME THE "ONE" AND "ONLY" ~~**CLEMENTINA**~~

homegirl101

I agree with CoCo... let your neighbor tape your dogs mouth shut...or tie your cat to a tree....for fun...then go crying to WHO?? It's obvious some of you have no concern for animals....of any kind....love one animal you love them all (mosquitos) excluded.....anyone that shows no empathy for wildlife is an ignorant slob...I don't care who you are....they are all creatures of the planet....She should have gone into the swamp for the photo shoot....instead of bringing them out of their space.....It's only fair I don't go in your swamp for you...you don't come on my land for me....she was stupid for mentioning that she taped it's mouth shut anywho....now she has to pay the piper....US

Ross Ariffin

Yes. I think Beyonce needs to rethink her marketing strategy! This gator thingy is not only tasteless but only confirms in most people's minds that she really is an "air-head ".Did someone mention her mother was there too?. God almighty!!
What will they try next??! Hopefully not her grandmother in her wheelchair???