Rosie's "View" Not the Prettiest Picture

8/31/2006 1:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katie Couric's not the only high-profile female TV personality with airbrush issues – Rosie O'Donnell says she's recently had the retouch treatment as well. In a new ABC promo photo for the new season of "The View," Rosie appears with her co-hosts Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Joy Behar, and Barbara Walters, and though she seems to be in relatively normal proportion to the other "View"-ers, the gab queen says she's been slimmed by the hand of Photoshop magic. "Look at the amount of white space/between my arm and body/barbara and elisabeth seem to vanish/there in my underarm," writes Rosie, giving her best forensic analysis on her blog at rosie.com

What's more, she tells Glamour magazine that she's letting her hair grow "long and luxurious" to allay concerns that her tight crop of recent years (especially the Flock of Seagulls look) might be too "gay" for the audience of "The View." Fortunately for all of us, O'Donnell promises that her locks henceforth won't be "scary."

Of course, as the photographic evidence has shown, butch doesn't have to equal "scary" – or gnarly. Halle Berry and Natalie Portman are just two of Hollywood's beauties that have made short look hot.

ruth

i certainly won't be watching the view. rosie is so rude and nasty that i refuse to watch anything she's on.

seeking intelligence

It's not Rosie's hair or her sexual preference. It's her caustic, obnoxious, raunchy, toxic, unsophisticated, overbearing gift of bad gab that makes people turn her off. There are plenty of comedians out there who make social commentaries on everything using all sorts of antics, but Rosie is just caustic. I won't watch anything she does. Ellen is gay (so what?), and silly, funny, personable. She is NOT caustic and rude like Rosie. Trying to find something funny in Rosie is like looking for a shiny penny in the city dump....TOO much crap to put up with. Sorry Rosie, even if your humor were intelligent, the toxicity of your personality KILLS my interest. But good luck. Everyone needs a job doing something I guess. The "View" is headed for the dump.

Jw

Give Rosie a chance. Her show was fun and entertaining. I just hope that Bill reels all the girls in. I hate that first half an hour of chatter where everyone talks over everyone else. Forget airbrushing. What trowel do they use to put the makeup on Barbara and Joy. Rosie looks natural. I hope she doesn't let them paint her up each morning. I'll miss Star! But I think Rosie could probably do the whole show by herself.

Naomi Carl

When they cut Rosie a deal The View went down the drain. She honestly thinks her S-------- doesn't stink but when she opens her mouth it could kill the whole west coast. Shes so into herself how will she fare on the show. Come on Joy show us your stuff and shiove it down her big mouth.

tatiana

Posted at 2:09PM on Aug 31st 2006 by Ms Kris

WELL THE REASON WHY STAR DIDN'T COME CLEAN ABOUT HER SURGERY IS. AND WHAT SO MANY SURGEON DON'T MENTION IS HOW MANY LIVES ARE LOST PERFORMING THIS OPERATION.
AS A PERSON IN THE LIME LIGHT I TOO WOULDN'T WANT TO ANNOUNCE A RISK TAKEN PROCEDURE TO THE PUBLIC. WE TEND TO PLACE THESE PEOPLE UP ON PEDTALS, FORGETTING THAT LIFE SPAN IN THEM RUNS THE SAME COURSE FOR US.

TGYM

Randy

I'd like to know why the media insists on shoving that skank paris hilton in front of us every chance they get. What a waste. Her and nicloe ritchie. No talent, no brains, no looks. Just daddy's money. I'd rather watch rosie.

Chris

I am apalled at the cruelty and homophobia expressed in some of these comments. Everyone loved Rosie before she came out. Now she's "disgusting"? What's up with that? She's funny. She's generous. She's a good mom and apparently a really good friend. Those are traits I admire in a person. I don't care about her sex life one way or the other. Why should I? Apparently some people believe it is OK to be mean to someone different than they are. No religion teaches that. Those writers end up sounding small, prejudiced and profoundly ignorant. How could a gay woman threaten a secure man? Those guys must have something to be ashamed of. Pity.

Randy

and another one I can't stand is that white trash britany spears and her no talent puppy kfed.

terry tibbe

who cares?

JP

First of all, I am so surprised that Star Jones lasted so long. She was about as "white" as the rest of the cast. She also completely abused her position while she was getting things together for her "wedding" to her rumoredly gay/bi husband. I am also diappointed with the way Star chose to exit the show. We wont hear from her for a while. I think Elizabeth H is the biggest jerk, and is so politically conservative that she sticks her foot in her mouth every time she opens her mouth. Barbara W has stopped her tyraides more than once on the air. This show was supposed to be about the view point of several women. It has long since gone astray from that concept, and has been a mental masturbation vehicle for its cast for the past or 4 seasons. Barbara W is too old to be interesting anymore, Joy has not been in touch with reality in years, Elizabeth is a magpie for the Bush political agenda, and Star was a bad fit from the begining. Meredith was the only cast member who really lived a real life, she went to soccer games, PTA meetings, and had a fabulous NY social life. ABC, get some real women on this show!

Linda

Glad to see the View is getting someone who is down to earth and very funny. I will start watching the View now that JONES IS OUT(she was a fake B who thought her **** didn't stink). Hey Rosie tell your airbrushers that 65% of the U.S.A. is over-weight and there is no need to be on the airbrush diet!!!!!

Kimberly

I don't care to ever see Rosie or a picture of her again. When she had her own show, my 10 year old daughter with bone cancer picked her and her show as her Make A Wish. When we went to her show my daughter could not participate in the show because she was in a wheel chair and when we met Rosie she took very little interest in my daughter, said the f&*$ word in front of her several times and made indecent remarks about the Dutchess of York and her children. She was extremely rude and my daughter was devestated. When we requested an apology, none was given!

EDIE

I AGREE WITH CHRIS #60

ALSO ALOT OF YOU MENTION SHE IS A FAT PIG, ETC ETC
HAVE ANY OF YOU LOOKED IN A MIRROR LATELY?!?!?!?

Pete

I stopped watching this farce months ago. Adding this cow into the barnyard just further strengthens my resolve to never have my channel tuned to ABC at this time. Regis, that little conceited wimp, is hard enough to stomach, but another hour of wasted time is just too much. I'd rather watch Maury or Jerry as hard as that may seem.

Vaughn Hartman

I dont care how gay rosie is. The point is these people are enterainers and that is all they should be able to do on tv. Keep their opinions to themselves and quite using the media to push them on others. I myself, dont care at all for rosie and will quite watching "the view" when she is on.