Exclusive: Video of Ellen/Portia After Car Crash

9/4/2006 1:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained video of events immediately after a chain collision in which Ellen DeGeneres was injured.

The accident occurred last Friday, just before 4 p.m. on Sunset Blvd. in Los Angeles. Paparazzi from the X17 photo agency were following the 2006 Porsche Carrera in which DeGeneres and girlfriend Portia de Rossi were riding. DeGeneres and the paparazzi (in a Buick behind her) were both stopped at a light, when Jeanne Werber, who was driving a 2002 Porsche Carrera, slammed into the Buick, which in turn slammed into DeGeneres' Porsche.

The video -- shot by an X17 photographer -- shows a clearly-shaken Ellen and Portia getting out of their car after the crash. Ellen is immediately concerned about the lurking danger of gasoline, saying, "I'm worried about a gas leak...be careful about the gas."

One of the paparazzi asks Ellen if she's hurt. Ellen replies, "Yeah, we're kinda hurt." Ellen returns the favor by asking the paparazzo, "Are you alright?"

The back of the Buick looks like an accordion, the trunk seemingly smashed into the back seat.

At the end of the tape, Werber, who apparently caused the crash, is seen talking to an officer, clearly agitated. Werber was arrested and booked on suspicion of driving under the influence.

Ellen complained of neck and back pain. Portia complained of back pain.

TMZ spoke with Jeanne Werber Sunday afternoon. Werber denied she was driving drunk, telling TMZ, "I'm just a normal wife. I went to the grocery store and was going home." She insists, "I will prove I wasn't drunk." Werber claims, "the car in front of me stopped short. I thought it was insurance fraud." Werber was unaware that paparazzi were in the Buick; she was also unaware that DeGeneres and de Rossi were in the Porsche.

An LAPD official tells TMZ that Werber refused to submit to a blood alcohol test. Under California law, such refusal results in an automatic six month license suspension.

The case will be referred to prosecutors this week.

Lindsey

She had the chance to prove she wasn't drinking... what a bitch! So many people die of drunk drivers!!!!

the wise old owl

YIKES !! It's hard to believe with all the education we have all had about the consequenses of drinking and driving that there are still people out there that do it. This woman must be a total alcoholic. DRUNK at 4:00 in the afternoon. Who gets drunk at 4:00 in the afternoon? She must be really hard core. You don't refuse a test unless you know you are guilty. WHAT A LOSER. She is very lucky she didn't slam into a family of 5 and kill them all. I HOPE THIS IS A WAKE UP CALL FOR THE DRUNK HAG. She is much more dangerous to the public than she is to herself. Typically it's the drunk driver who lives and kills everyone else. DAHHH !!!! Thank God it was only a fender bender and not a fatality.

Emma

I can't seem to be able to play the video. Anyone else having a problem?

I agree, if she was innocent.. she should have taken the test to prove it. Now she'll face an automatic 6-month suspension -- not smart.

Freddy

Video not working either...

Tuna

Ya, I can't play the clip either but WWW.X17ONLINE.COM plays it ...if you can find it. I can't believe that the clip has the drunk lady saying "why is it my fault?" and something about how "He stopped and she was moving" what kind of nonsense was that?!? I must say though, on a lighter note... she didn't blame it on the Jews....yeah, we haven't forgot about you MEL !!!!

sean

went to other site to see video. unbelievable. i think the lady who hit everyone couldn't see anything not because she was drunk but because she had just had too much botox and it swelled her f*ckin eyes shut! damn she looks like what pam anderson is gonna look like in about five years if she keeps sittin in the sun!

Kevin Keckeisen

Hey, Steve Irwin "The Crocodile Hunter" is dead. It was a good thing that DRUNK DRIVER Werber wasn't around to cause another accident!!!!!!!

DESERT RAT

THE CROCODILE HUNTER DIED....HOW COME THAT IS NOT NEWS HERE.

ONE WHO KNOWS

We loved Steve Irwin as if he were one of our won. His death is so sad, yet he died doing what he loved most.
Our thoughts go out to Terri and the children. This is a shocking event, because Steve seemed to be invincible.
He will live on in the shows he was in, and in what he did for Australia--most notably the Zoo he and Terri created.
We know you are doing something, somewhere--because keeping still was never your style.
Godspeed, sweet Steve....
Love,
The Mackays in America

kathleen

Back to the car accident--I am glad that Ellen and her GAL PAL made it out alive!!

Kevin Keckeisen

Exactly, JustCurious. Why isn't?

Lindsey

Posters #12 and 8... I think because it's not been "offically" confirmed. Yes people have contacted the media, but it seems as though it JUST happened a couple of hours ago. Perhaps they want to contact the family first, etc. I'm sure there will be a press confrence when we wake up in the morning. It's so sad!

Now... I don't want to hijack this post... so back to that nasty overly botoxed drunk! Has anyone heard of any formal charges or pending lawsuits? I wonder if Ellen will talk about it on her show?!

I'm so discusted that in this day and age, people still drink and drive! I've had three (3) friends hit by drunk drivers, and all passed away. One of which, I was in the car with. This sh*t pisses me off! If you want to drink... fine... go ahead... but STOP DRINKING AND DRIVNG, MY GOSH PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Emma

It's working for me now too.

Yikes you mean to tell me this woman is actually asking why it has to be her fault? What planet is she on? If you hit someone in the rear, it's your fault. That's the way it works. She caused a 4 car pile-up... of cars that were STOPPED at a light. She was probably on her cellphone, blasting her radio and smoking a cigarette...

Kimberly Lewis

I was soooo sorry to hear about the crocodile hunter.My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.He enjoyed taking risk and died doing what he enjoyed,He was amazing in the risk that he took.My family enjoyed watching his show! He will always be remembered for the amazing things he faced.

Hollygolightly

Is anyone else extremely grosses out by these two? Could they be anymore butch?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments