Nicole

Getting Diet Help?

9/11/2006 3:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The endless speculation over Nicole Richie's conspicuous lack of weight continues unabated. But if the photographic evidence is any indication, the "Simple Life"-er is, as she told the world last week, trying to do something about it, as she visited a clinic whose founding doctor specializes in dietary health.

Richie was spotted walking into the DeOrio Wellness Medical Center in Santa Monica on Friday, hoisting a massive white bag to her face to shield herself. The holistically-focused DeOrio clinic bills itself as a facility that helps patients "renew and unleash the inherent vitality found in each person and ... achieve the proper balance of mind, body, and spirit." Given this rather broad portfolio, Richie could've had an appointment for just about anything, and DeOrio staff were not available to confirm Richie's visit or the reason for it.

However, clinic founder Keith DeOrio, MD, is the author of 2000's "The New Millennium Diet Revolution," a book that suggests a variety of strategies to achieve better dietary health, including drinking a half-gallon of fruit juice every day. Another Los Angeles doctor tells TMZ that DeOrio is known for his expertise in helping patients with weight issues, whether on the over or under side of the equation.

Weight Loss Help

Well even celebrities need good health not just appearance.

For free weight loss help and diet information please visit http://www.nulife-weightloss.com

Jenna

Good for her. I really hope she gets some kind of help.

stoopit

This poor girl, leave her alone and let her try to get help. I am sure having everyone commenting on her isn't helping the situation at all.

Lutty

Celebrity anorexics are self-absorbed, selfish, ungrateful, media whores with no spiritual depth. There are people STARVING in this world because they have no access to food and this nut job needs to PAY someone to tell her to eat...

What a fugging screwed up world we live in....

kathleen

I agree with post #1--Good for her for getting some help. AND, I hope that she and Brody stay together. They are good for one another.

mar

If Nicole gets her eating in check,. what will she be in the news for anymore? I acutally think there is a part of her that likes the attention of being so thin.

WTF?

i hope she gets her stuff together. She used to be beautiful, now she just looks like she is on death's door.

Nicole....you will never best Paris by dying first......stop trying. You have talent and it is sad to see you waste away.

courtney

thats good!!!!! she looks like she really needs it

Mary Ann

Glad she's going to the wholistic doctor. He's a wonderful doctor.
He saved my life back in 1999.

Victoria

This is the outcome of bypass surgery. Nicole CANNOT eat.

sam

I think she looks great. Specially her style, it fits her body perfect. You ever see now and then when the news reports on the oldest living person? 99.9% of the time they are skinny, that's right, skinny. I dont see why people are getting all hung up on it. yeah she likes the attention and so do we otherwise she wouldnt be on here and have people talking about her. i love you nicole, stay thin :-)

Mary

Victoria is right, it is gastric bypass. Why else would she need "help" gaining weight, unless she is anorexic, which she is not.

the wise old owl

The last picture I saw of NICOLE she looked like a 38 year old woman. She was so thin her skin just hung on her like some concentration camp victim. She is literally starving before our eyes, yet her sickness is so profound she just can't seem to lick it. I really hope this place gives her the HELP she so desperately needs. No one can MAKE YOU EAT. She has to want to get better herself. If anyone needs an INTERVENTION , she does. If I were Lionel I'd be trying to get one of those together RIGHT NOW. She has probably all ready put a strain on her heart. If she isn't careful she will end up like Karen Carpenter.

the wise old owl

For post #10 Victoria : I have heard this rumor before about by-pass surgery. What kind of quack Dr. would give that kind of surgery to a thin woman to begin with ? Talk about a law suit !! Only a Dr. working out of the basement in his house would concent to such a thing. No Doctor with the proper credentials would do that .

If Nicole RIchie really did resort to such a drastic measure , than she is even more screwed up than I thought.

paris hiltons and nicole richies biggest fan*hayley*

NICOLE IS SO SO PRETTY HOW EVER MUCH SHE WEIGHS!!!!!
SHE USED TO LOOK SO PRETTY !!!!!AND SHE STILL LOOKS SO PRETTY NOW!!!!!
HER AN PARIS ARE THE PRETTIEST GURLS EVER THEY ARE BOTH MY IDOLS!!!!!
I LOVE NICOLE!