Skewing The View on "The View"

9/12/2006 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The denizens of "The View" did a startling switcheroo on their audience today. After walking out, Barbara Walters took the seat at the opposite end of the table from Rosie O'Donnell, and Elisabeth Hasselbeck sat next to Rosie, bringing the two most combustible elements amongst the co-hosts together. Joy Behar stayed in her customary just-right-of-center spot.

Barbara explained that they'd been sitting in the same seats for some time, and that this would "shake things up" a little; Joy then joked that there was an imprint on her chair from all the years of gluteal pressure. And Rosie had piped in on her blog at rosie.com over the weekend, saying that she thought she looked like "gigantor the spaceage robot" sitting next to Barbara, as she had in week one. In fact, according to Rosie, her physical presence loomed so large that they cut 3 inches off her chair by the second day's broadcast. (An ABC rep says it won't be the last switch and that they're done "at the discretion of production.")

And if "View" watchers were hoping that proximity would ignite some sparks between Ro and Elisabeth, it didn't happen, even though two highly flinty topics came up, gay marriage and the war in Iraq.

But the signal moment of today's show was surely Barbara Walters' suggestion that her dog had talked to her. She told her co-hosts that she leaned down to tell her Havanese dog Cha-Cha "I love you," and that the dog actually responded "I love you" back. It now appears that Joy Behar is now the most psychologically sound person on the show. Stay tuned.

Jess

So?

SICK IGNORANCE

I would like to know when they will replace Star Jones. They need a little color with some different VIEW points on some of the tobics that they discuss. I wasn't a star fan but she was a different nationality. Aisan, Mexican something other than a white all the time. It makes the show more interesting.

Cat

I'm still waiting for dumb ass elizabeth to say some stupid red state gay bashing bullshit and for rosie to clock that bitch right in the face. I CANT WAIT! You know its going to happen.

Alyn Brodsky

As a committed Lesbian--and damn well proud of it!--I do wish that damn Rosie would move to another planet! She's a total embarrassment to all of we in the Sapphic Sisterhood. Oh, and by the way, I find Barbara Walters VERY attractive. Of course, I have to admit I'm into kinky sex--the older the better (as long as they're still breathing).

kathleen

My mother doesn't even watch THE VIEW anymore--now THAT is news...

MISS SWEET D

I TOTALLY AGREE AND CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR DOOFISH, STUPID ELIZABETH TO MAKE SOME IDIOTIC, IGNORANT,GAY BASHING COMMENT. THEN ROSIE CAN REALLY SHOW HERSELF AND TELL HER OFF. THEN MAYBE THEY WILL GET RID OF ELIZABETH AND I START WATCHING THIS SHOW AGAIN, MAYBE.

Bregeet Kennedy

All minorities should boycot the show. Once again White America has slapped minorities in the face. Of all the minorities in the industry I presume not one could be found to replace Star Jones? This is just another way of saying minorities have no reallllll voice. This is racismn at its best

SICK IGNORANCE

Okay Marsha, I made a mistake. But you know what I meant. I want some color up in there. Sick of seeing these silly white bitches all the time. SORRY!!

Dimples

#8 They are going to be looking for someone to replace Star Jones. They wanted to wait for Rosie to join the group before they looked for Star's replacement.

The truth teller

OK, you have seriously got to be kidding me... What do you mean that the Hispanic's are minorities??? Have you been to CA lately. I just came back from THREE days in hell there... and what did I hear... EVERY SINGLE WORD SAID IN ENGLISH ALSO SPOKEN IN SPANISH... this is AMERICA... we speak English here... is you don't like it... and can't learn it... STAY THE HELL OUT!!!!!! I was a complete MINORITY at DisneyLand, and Universal Studios!! GIVE ME A BREAK... all you "minorities" do is whine that you don't have equal rights or whatever... You come here and expect AMERICA to take care of you... YOU should take care of America... Learn the language... RESPECT the flag! Do not expect AMERICA to change our National Anthem for you... As for the Blacks, Asians, etc... it's the same thing for you... There is SO much respect for all of you... for all of the people who come to America... the land of the FREE... You think that there isn't... but trust me... it's better here than it is anywhere else...

The Racism, my un educated friends... is against the WHITES...

Who cares if there is a white person, or 4 white people... who cares if there is one black person or 4??? Who cares if there is a lesbian, or a cross dresser... If you don't like the View... turn it off... don't watch it... WHATEVER...

Guess what it boils down to... GET A LIFE!

Kim

Come on Rosie is not going to hit any one..I think she is smart enough to know better. Elizabeth would be smart not to bash gays to much becasue alot of the gay following went with Rosie to the show. I think that a lot of this is being blown way out of prospective everyone needs to come to reality

RebeccaBBBBBBB

as a black white biracial i agree with this OK, you have seriously got to be kidding me... What do you mean that the Hispanic's are minorities??? Have you been to CA lately. I just came back from THREE days in hell there... and what did I hear... EVERY SINGLE WORD SAID IN ENGLISH ALSO SPOKEN IN SPANISH... this is AMERICA... we speak English here... is you don't like it... and can't learn it... STAY THE HELL OUT!!!!!! I was a complete MINORITY at DisneyLand, and Universal Studios!! GIVE ME A BREAK... all you "minorities" do is whine that you don't have equal rights or whatever... You come here and expect AMERICA to take care of you... YOU should take care of America... Learn the language... RESPECT the flag! Do not expect AMERICA to change our National Anthem for you.

Darlene

#2... very well said,I wasn't a fan of Star(always rolling her eyes up),but the View really does need to replace Rosie,and bring someone in to replace Star. BUT??? DID you have to come back with the racist remark in #9?
WITH ALL THE RACISM FROM #8 & #9 makes me wonder, who is REALLY RACIST in this world? YOU PEOPLE ARE

NC Girl

Right on Appalled! I agree with you 100%.

Missy

Is this all that the View has to offer? switching chairs. And B.W talking to dogs now! Sounds like the makings of a Canceled Show. Mmmmm

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments