Angelina's New Film -- Problems in Pakistan

9/13/2006 8:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

She might be the sweetheart of Namibia, but it looks like Angelina Jolie doesn't quite carry the same weight in Pakistan.

A Pakistani newspaper is reporting that a production crew from Jolie's upcoming movie "A Mighty Heart" was recently caught filming scenes in Karachi and Islamabad, as well as the Pakistani countryside, without permission from the government.

"A Mighty Heart," is based on Mariane Pearl's account of the terrifying and unforgettable ordeal of her late husband, Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl.

A press minister from the government issued a statement to the Pakistan Daily Times saying, "No request by the film unit to shoot in Pakistan had been made to the embassy." He said all documentary and feature filmmakers must obtain permission and an appropriate visa from the Pakistani government before they begin shooting. Any unauthorized attempt to film without permission and without the knowledge of government authorities is "illegal and regrettable," he added. The minister said he would be making inquiries, starting today, both here and in Islamabad.

TMZ contacted Paramount, the studio producing the film. Our calls were not immediately returned.

tara

Ha Ha, can't stand her!!!

sam

Now she's responsible for her production crew's behavior??? Is she Producing the film???

Hollygolightly

That's the last place I would like to be arrested in. Doing all this political stuff is dangerous. Pakistan hates america because we support India. Good luck angie.

Lisa

What does the film crew have to do with Angelina? This website really has open my eyes as to how the media turns a story to reflect negatively on a celebrity

ADMF

mel

I hear you! I can't stand her either!

Joe

She would be allowed. I love this lady.

lisa

kudos to angelina for taking on yet another gutsy, gritty role. this is an important story to tell and i understand that mariane pearl gave her blessings to angelina and brad for taking on this project

gray

she is a great person i like her very much

Tyler

Who's watchin' the kids? Jolie has permission to shoot in my bedroom, anytime that she likes and I will even be a stand up guy and let my homeboy, Brad P. watch to be sure that I am working that thang the way she likes it. Yummy!

debbie

I think Angelina is a great choice for this part and I wouldn't think it the responsibility of the actor to get permission for filming. Any studio should know the proper procedures to follow. Although I don't always agree with her politics, she is a great humanitarian and is making a difference during her stay on this earth.

Karmen

Sure doesn't look like the same woman as in the airbrushed pics, St. John's etc. Can't stand her and I think she was a dreadful choice for this film.

Ms Kris

Oh, poor God's gift to the world..................

Got caught .

Yep, a liar
2 failed marriages
Committed adultery
Swings both ways
Doesn't have anything to do with her own family but thinks to make up for that by adopting kids

Those innocent kids will have to put up with all of this for the rest of their lives & THEY DID NOT ASK FOR IT.

Lance K.

This story is stupid. Do you know how many film crews get mixed up with permits and what not. What I don't understand is why is TMZ trying to push it as an Angelina story. Are they going to report on every film that is being made that have troubles?

Alix

ANN RICHARDS JUST DIED, IT'S TIME TO GRIEVE!

Elle

She is a such a loof she spends more time in other countries than her own and even adopts their children why doesn't she just go live there?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments