"Dog" Chapman Arrested, Faces Extradition

9/14/2006 3:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Duane MSNBC's Rita Cosby is reporting that Duane Dog Chapman, star of the A&E reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter," and two members of his bounty hunting team (including his son) were arrested by U.S. officials today for extradition to Mexico. Cosby is reporting that Mexican government officials wanted the three men sent back there in relation to a three-year-old case.

In 2003, Chapman traveled to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico to retrieve Max Factor cosmetics heir Andrew Luster, who was wanted in the U.S. on rape charges. Luster is now in jail, serving a 124-year term. The Chapmans were jailed in Mexico for a brief time for the incident three years ago. Bounty hunting is considered a crime in Mexico.

Dog's wife, Beth Chapman, said 12 armed marshals "came through the door" at 6:00AM this morning. She said they took their daughter's boyfriend down at gunpoint. Dog was sleeping at the time.

TMZ spoke with Nicky Credic from the U.S. Marshals Office. She said, "The arrest warrant was signed by a U.S. magistrate in Hawaii on September 13. The warrant was based on a formal request based on a diplomatic note from the government of Mexico."

zzz

What is remarkable is that someone in this government let this happen. Too bad there isn't a single politician in this administration willing to tell Mexico to F OFF. Pretty sad.

Jeff

What bull crap. I don't watch the show because his wife makes me sick. But my wife watches it all the time and I hope everything turns out all right for him.
(From Michigan, Go Blue).

Ummmhmmm

My god how F#@*&D UP ,I dont know what else to say !!

Marco

This is complete BULLS***!! We can't get Mexico to give up LA Sheriff Dept. deputy David March's murderer, but they want DOG the Bounty Hunter. This goes to show how f***ed up politics are. Hang in there DOG!!

Tammy

I just heard about Dog (Duane) Chapman being arrested and I was shocked and then I heard why and I was even more shocked. I certainly hope he and his son and other member of his team are released very quickly and everyone realizes how foolish it was to arrest them when they got a rapists off the streets. Hang in there Beth my thoughts and prayers are with you guys. I love the show on A&E.

A big Fan,

Tammy~
29 Palms, CA

mark anthony given

DON'T TALK ABOUT THE DOG's WIFE!! WETHER U LIKE HER OR NOT, DON'T piss the dog off. I like her, I think she's got spunk! I think the clothes are a little over the top but heah, ya gotta work what ya got. You gotta have an attituted to get far in this game!!! mark anthony given montana

Renee

This information is just sickening. Why our country would hand the Chapman's over to Mexican authorities is just beyond belief!

The Mexican government should be relieved that the Chapman's took that filthy piece of scum off of their streets and brought him home to where he can rot in prison!

Prayers are going out for Chapman's. I can't imagine how betrayed they must be feeling.

lou

I can't believe the Mexican government is pursuing this, it would have been worse if dog and his team would have left that piece of garbage in Mexico so he could rape the women in Mexico.
Dog and his team did Mexico a favor, he got a rapist of their streets.
Hang on Dog, My prayers are with you and your family.

Angie

TOTAL B***S***!!!! How sad a situation is this? This speaks volumes about the changes that need to be made in this country. I agree with other bloggers.... close the borders. How pathetic. Dog, you're awesome, we luv ya and we're hangin' in there with ya.

LBoogie

Obviously Mexico is looking for a big pay out. That is why they waited 3 years for Dog to earn some dough from his show and other investments...now the big money is roll'n in so Mexico wants him in jail to collect the "get out of jail" dough. Dog will be home soon...after he pays out.

mad as hell

I think it is a real shame that they would arrest a guy for doing justice for all women! Our government needs to step up and defend him and thank him not kiss Mexico's A**!!!!

Del

Hope they keep that ugly thing in Mexico and take his ugly wife with him. They are "trash" and belong in the gutters of society where the trash belong.

shane

unbelievable that they'd treat them that way. Like they were some rapist and drug dealers themselves. i hate our system..and now i guess mexico's system. How stupid.

Jay Nichols

George Bush and that anchor baby La Raza lackey Alberto Gonzales should be tossed out of office for their shamless collaboration with the corrupt Mexican government. These arrests are the outrage of the decade, especially if these good Americans wind up being deported to that vile cesspool down south.

mad as hell

SET DOG AND THE OTHERS FREE!!!!