"Dog" Chapman Arrested, Faces Extradition

9/14/2006 3:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Duane MSNBC's Rita Cosby is reporting that Duane Dog Chapman, star of the A&E reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter," and two members of his bounty hunting team (including his son) were arrested by U.S. officials today for extradition to Mexico. Cosby is reporting that Mexican government officials wanted the three men sent back there in relation to a three-year-old case.

In 2003, Chapman traveled to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico to retrieve Max Factor cosmetics heir Andrew Luster, who was wanted in the U.S. on rape charges. Luster is now in jail, serving a 124-year term. The Chapmans were jailed in Mexico for a brief time for the incident three years ago. Bounty hunting is considered a crime in Mexico.

Dog's wife, Beth Chapman, said 12 armed marshals "came through the door" at 6:00AM this morning. She said they took their daughter's boyfriend down at gunpoint. Dog was sleeping at the time.

TMZ spoke with Nicky Credic from the U.S. Marshals Office. She said, "The arrest warrant was signed by a U.S. magistrate in Hawaii on September 13. The warrant was based on a formal request based on a diplomatic note from the government of Mexico."

Sharon Fox

Keep the faith Dog.....You know what you did was right and we are alot safer because of you and your team.....Will keep you and your family in my prayers....You go get em Beth!!!

kathryn

#26, You sound like a loser. These people do a lot of good, things our own "police" can't handle. What do you contribute to society? Being a moron?

nat

oh no....I can;t believe this. i LOVE Dog and Beth. I hope this all gets worked out. This is RIDICULOUS

Anna Lisa

WOW...What a shame. We all know how corrupt the Mexican government is, but this shows how corrupt, unfair, and ridiculous our government can be. Imagine how much money our government spent arresting Dog and his men, when they should be honored for what they did. This story is enraging and sad at the same time.

joe kacmarcik

Why doesn't our government stand up to the plate here???? What kind of message here is our government giving??? It is a pretty sad day if your an american.

Mark M.

This is bullsh*t! Dog should be given a special day. First the Crocodile Hunter and now Dog, who's next the Queer Eye guys?

Linda

I love how the US Marshalls go arrest Dog for the Mexican government, after all he's done for the US. They should have let the Mexican's go get him, if they wanted him. Just like all those other countires do to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johanna Barrows

Why hasn't the trial of Richard Reid and his sentance being talked about?
The shoe bomber! It's just amazing to me!
And another thing why are my civil liberties being trampled on in my own country?
Illegals and radical Muslims have more rights than we do anymore.
I can't mention the name of Jesus, but there are those that burn our flag bash our president and would love to see America taken over by lawless insane crimminals and terrorists!
I just wish that when the illegal protest happens by illegals in March of next year would be met by all the legal Americans on that day and push them back!
I think there is going to be another civil war in this country when Mexico trys to take back the states they lost many years ago!
I cannot bear to watch the news anymore! It is so biast and liberal. Anything for ratings and I mean anything!!!! Do you think that we don't read between the lines?? There are some very intelligent people out there that are nameless but carry a big stick! The silent majority is on it's way out of it's tolerance and mediocrity and plans to take action someday soon. The politicians are on their way out ! And "the government by the people,and for the people" are on the rise. We are the government! Not a few politicians in Washington! God help us all! And God save the USA!!!

JESSICA M

DEL...
OK IT IS APARENT THAT YOU ARE TRASH YOURSELF! HOW COULD YOU NOT HAVE ANY COMPASSION FOR WHAT HE DOES? I GUESS YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE "TRASHY PEOPLE" THAT HE PICKS UP THAT ARE DOPED UP, WAITING UNTILL THE 1ST FOR THE MONTH FOR THAT CHECK SO YOU CAN RE-UP, GOT 5 BABIES IN DIPERS CRAWLIN' AROUND IN YOUR ROACH INFESTED "CRIB", PEAKIN' OUT THE WINDOW SO THE PO-POS DONT SEE YOUR SH*T. GIVE ME A BREAK!

Diego

The comments expressed above regarding this story prove one again that americans think that they own the world and that the laws of other countries don't apply to them. It's that kind of arrogance that has most of the rest of the world hating them.

Raymond

Close the borders NOW! Boycott Mexico! Deport all of thier rapist back to Mexico.

Texmac

I am mad as hell over this, I can not believe our so called leaders would not block this crazy bull shit, The man went to Mexico to get a damn rapist. who got 124yrs in prison. I will work my ass off to vote the damn crooks out of office.

JESSICA M

OK Diego
IF YOU THINK THAT THIS COUNRTY IS ARROGANT THEN WHY IN THE IN THE HELL ARE YOU HERE? GO TO SOME OTHER COUNTRY THAT IS POOR AND ALLOW SHIT LIKE THIS TO HAPPEN

none of ur business

Hey # 35...Diego.....swim your ass back home, he took a rapist off of your dirty filthy streets. so go eat your beans and rice and SHUT UP!

Judy Looney

Sounds like family money talking to Mexico. Americans should stop buying anything from Mexico.......makes a powerful statement. I know I'm done.....nothing from Mexico....not even vacations.