Last Known Photo of Steve Irwin

9/14/2006 5:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Below is the last photo taken of Steve Irwin before his tragic death last week. He is posing marine biologist Chris Jones on his boat, Croc 1, just two days before his death.
The last photo of Steve Irwin
Irwin died last week after his heart was pierced by a stingray's poisonous barb while filming on Australia's Great Barrier Reef.

Family and pals held a private funeral at the zoo on Saturday and there will be a public memorial service at his 60-acre Australia Zoo wildlife park next Wednesday.

dana youngblood

My two children ages 8 and 13 grew up watching Steve! My 8 year old daughter(the same age as Steve's daughter Bindi) was very upset when I told her that her favorite person on TV(THE CROC HUNTER) had died! She had so many questions and didn't understand! She asked me ( What is his children going to do without there daddy)? I can't imagine the pain his children and wife(Terry) are feeling. My daughter is so close to her dad, it reminds me of Steve and Bindi's relationship they had together. They say there is something extra special with a father and his daughter's relationship, she was truly a daddy's girl! Who knows in a few years she may follow in her father's footsteps! May god bless Terry, Bindi, Little Bob and Bob(Steve's Father). Help keep them strong and guide then through this very painful time. Steve may you rest in PEACE, you will be GREATLY MISSED by my family and many others! WE LOVE YOU

Michelle

Steve was a great person and it is truely a loss. He helped spread the word of conservation and wildlife all over . Sadly though, he met an untimely death, but I do hope that his death gives life to future enivornmentalists and wildlife conservationalists. Rest in Peace Steve, you will truely be missed...

maureen

MAY U REST IN PEACE STEVE. TERRY IF U READ THIS STAY STRONG THE KIDS. STEVE WILL BE GREATLY MISSED

SZ

What a Hero. Rest in peace Steve your family will carry on your work.

becky layfield

Steve was a great guy who loved his family his passion and walked what he believed everyday. There will truly be an empty space in our hearts. Our prayers are with his wife and children that they will let God turn this into something good and continue the work that Steve set out to do. May you find Gods peace.

Blayfie

Samantha

The death of Steve Irwin was one of those things that just completly catch you off guard. I mean, yes, he dealt with dangerous animals the majority of the time, and yes, to you deranged PETA members who insulted a man who PROTECTED wildlife, it may seem like shock t.v because he had such enthusiasm for his job, but it was a stroke of bad luck, and he died doing what he loved, not to mention it being for his daughter.

And Parasite, why did you waste the time that you could be using to commit some hate crime to post about a man you obviously loathe? Your a sad excuse for even an angry man and I hope God has mercy on your lack-their-of soul.

All I can say is Rest In Piece Steve, your shows were wholesome and educational, watching you from when I was a kid till know, Im going to miss knowing that their was someone out there who cared so passionatly about all kinds of animals. May people learn from you and that your family carry your legacy.

God bless Terri Irwin, keep her strong for her children!

RIP Steve Irwin.

Eileen-RN

Such a Tragic Loss of the only true Wild Life Warrior for our planets animals. It's hard to imagine our planet without him. His passion, and enthusiasm and love for all creatures great or small will hopefully live on through his family. His Eternal Flame will warm our hearts forever. It's so hard to understand why his life was cut short, when he did so much good for so many. I hope his beloved Australia would construct an Eternal Flame in his honor. His light will shine forever. He is with the angels, his Mom and beloved dog Sui. My prayers are with his family & Friends, may they find comfort and peace. May God Bless and watch over them and grant them peace. Eileen-R.N.

Grey

Hey Parasite, you're a jerk to say what you said is cruel and inhuman. Hopefully there will be something up for you!! Now to the Irwin family, my prayers and thoughts are with you. I was very sad to hear of Steve's tragic death. Just know he's watching from heaven and was a blessed man. He was truely a great human being. God Bless his family.

Terri Anderson-Ouchley

Well Mate, you did a fine job here on Earth and are, no doubt, wrestling crocs in Heaven with your Mom. Thank you Steve, for the years of education, laughter, excitement, thrills......My 3 sons and I will miss you and your adventures. God Rest Your Soul Steve. And again, Thanks.

Peace

To the PARASITE:
Karma is a Boomarang,MATE. You sick twisted F**K!!!!!!

Shelby Robertson

Steve was so much admired by the whole world over. It is so hard to believe he is gone. My mom is 83 yrs of age and she thought Steve was all it was. She never missed any of his adventures on animal planet. Steve may you rest in peace always. We loved you so much. Terri you and your family have my deepest sympathy.

Karen

My condolences to terri and their kids I know what loss is. May god hold you.

MR VINCE

STEVE WILL BE MISSED. TO ALL THOSE THOSE WHO SAID THOSE NASTY THINGS . YOU WILL BE JUDGED WHEN THE TIME COMES

Jana

To the parasite...... You must be a very lonely person...... One who needs to feed off of others sadness to feel better about yourself.........how sad ..... My heart goes to the Irwin family! God Bless!

Ann

Our family welcomed Steve into our living room enjoying all of his wild and crazy shows. Even though you body is gone, your spirit still lives in your children,wife, and fans. We love you Steve Irwin. God bless you and your family.