Paris Shows Oprah How It's Done

9/19/2006 2:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click here to return to TMZ.comThe season premiere of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" started out with a bang... er... well, a rich person having a hard time doing a simple everyday task.

To open the show, Oprah and her BFF Gayle King embarked on a cross-country road trip surprising unsuspecting Americans by dropping in unannounced at weddings and other events. The toughest part of the trip for Oprah however wasn't the road itself, but at the gas station. The Queen of TV had to be helped out as she fumbled with the pump, saying "I haven't pumped gas since 1983."

Lucky for her, someone came to her rescue and demonstrated the proper technique for fueling your car. We aren't the only ones laughing as Oprah realized how silly the task was and said "I feel kind of stupid not being able to pump gas, but I thought, well maybe they've changed the pumps since I've last pumped."

On the other side of the United States, Paris Hilton showed Oprah how it's done. Paris proved she's the pro at the pump-- one-handed, in high-heels and talking on the phone.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Sensible

Oh good grief, how bored was I, sitting up at five in the morning with a broken foot, to read this drivel? ......... like anyone cares about either of these two stupid women. Sigh...........

ErricZ

Useless people like these created my favorite saying, "More money than brains."

Yes, the MythBusters proved only a very specific set of variables led to a cell phone/fuel vapor explosion. Not grounding yourself when you get out of the car and holding the spigot as it was being pulled out. Amazingly enough, even Paris isn't that (un)skilled.

tammy

I see the other posters have beat me to what I was going to comment on, DO NOT PUMP GAS WHILE TALKING OR EVEN HOLDING A CELL PHONE!

annie

I am just not sure about this season's OPRAH. Seems she is trying to be with the real folk, but it is not putting her in a good light. And I am not so sure what she is trying to prove by hiring the majority of white folk to work for her because of something her Mama told her. I thought we are trying to stamp out all types of bigotry in America! And I thought she was one of the biggest promoters of it!
Kinda disappointed w/Oprah right now. Re: Paris... at least she's got style and Mythbusters proved a cell phone won't blow up a gas station!

Jackie

I just want to say it's really a shame how many people are envy of Oprah.........and also envy of Oprah and Gayle's friendship.....I bet alot of you wish you were Oprah's Best Friend.........and as far as Rosie goes .....she needs to give it up too .....and not because shes gay .....I can care less about thats shes just a loud nasty woman in her own way I wish she'd get off of the view she just does'nt fit in I bet she wishes she was Oprahs best friend too BUT AIN'T HA HA HA

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8