Reese and Cindy

Who?

9/22/2006 12:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Cindy Crawford / Reese WitherspoonEveryone knows it can be hard to get a table at some of LA's hippest restaurants. But you would think winning an Oscar or being one of the hottest women in the world would make it a tad bit easier.

That wasn't the case on Thursday night at Brentwood's Katsuya restaurant.

Academy Award winner Reese Witherspoon, supermodel Cindy Crawford, Ryan Haddon (Christian Slater's ex) and Jim Belushi's wife were at the Japanese eatery having drinks at the bar while they waited for their table. And waited. And waited.

Finally, after it was clear that they wouldn't be seated anytime soon, the gorgeous group took their girls night out to the nearby trendy Brentwood Restaurant, where they were quickly ushered to the safety of an available table.

If real stars like Reese and Cindy can't get a table in this town, then "celebs" like Kristin Cavallari and K-Fed better get in line at Mickey Ds now!

Lisa

Oh that's so sad. Earning millions of dollars is rough enough but not getting preferential treatment is just not right! And "ushered to the safety of an available table." Give me a friggin break. Let them go to Africa or the Middle East and then be really concerned about safety.

Caroline

Boo hoo, make them wait like everyone else.

Jennifer Scott

Why on God's green earth do we care about this? Big whoopie doopie!

Anonymous

This is a great American tragedy and it is my sincere hope that the Bush administration will act swiftly to rectify this situation and make every effort to prevent any future transgressions.

the wise old owl

I hate when celebrities think that their sh*t is ice cream. Hell , they are no different than anybody else. They get up in the morning and put their pants on the same way we do. One leg at a time.

It's like when your at a public place waiting in line for the bathroom and some celebrity thinks they should be able to cut in and use the loo before everybody else. Fu#k 'um. Non celebrities need to go to bathroom and need to eat just as much as a celebrity. Oscar or no Oscar. They are no different. Those kind of people make me sick.

Amanda

I didn't read anywhere that they made a scene out of not getting a table.... Remember that theyre only in the spotlight because all of you put them there. Reese is so talented and Ive never read anything bad about her. We need more positive role models like her to be in the public eye. Keep it up Girl!!

Howie Vaaldersnesch

I was dining at The Brentwood Last night and asked David the Maitre d' how they got in, considering it was packed, with a line going out the door. He explained that they made a reservation, and arrived on time. Also spotted there last night, was Stuart Copeland from The Police, The Producer Jordan Levin, Chris Henchy with wife Brooke Shields sitting at the bar. From what I could tell, the celebs were the nicest of the bunch.

maya

I can't stand Reece Witherspoon and never understood how she won an award for her mediocre role in "Walk The Line".Snippy little bitch.
Cindy is O.K.

gil

What a waste of journalism.....who really cares about this...why not write about the time and effort the media wastes on trying to make a big deal out of squat...........give me a break!

BILL SMITH

I'M NOT REALLY INTO THE CELEB SCENE, BUT NOTICED YOUR HEADLINE AS I WAS "BROWSING'.

FAMOUS OR NOT, I DO ADMIRE THEM FOR NOT CAUSING A SCENE BECAUSE THEY WERE IGNORED AND NOT TAKEN TO A TABLE. SHAME ON THE RESTURANT PERSONEL. THEY REALLY SHOWED CLASS.

I'VE NEVER CAUSED A SCENE WHEN NOT WAITED ON RIGHT AWAY, OR PASSED OVER WHEN SOMEONE WHO ARRIVED AFTER I DID, WAS SEATED BEFORE ME. I JUST GATHER UP MY FAMILY AND WE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.
WHY RUIN DINNER BY GETTING MAD.

yo

wakkim should have gotten the award for WALK THE LINE..he did a great job......i tought she was ok

Sharon

There are people that are homeless,hungry and can't afford to buy groceries much less eat out. Why was this important enough to waste time printing? I'm sure there is more important things you could find to write. Like, what child died of hunger today, not because they had to wait in a long line, but because they had no money for food.

Reagan

To all of you who are saying "this is not journalism, go write about something important like starving children in third world countries":

Writing about celebrities is a form of journalism - it's called tabloid journalism, and believe it or not, some people choose to go to college and get a degree just so they can write about celebrities! If you have such a problem with this particular genre of journalism, then simply choose not to read it. If you want to read about the starving children in third world countries, go read the New York Times, or articles on one.org. Or better yet - stop commenting about kids not being able to eat -whether in the United States or third world countries and do something about it!! I would be willing to bet that most people who are commenting just to complain that the writers for TMZ and other websites/blogs of its kind should write about something more worthwhile aren't doing anything to help whatever cause they suggest the writers write about!!

So to sum up everything I've said - If you have a problem with "celebrity news stories", don't read them and if you truly care about the starving kids/families you're commenting about, go spend a day volunteering at the local food bank/soup kitchen/homeless shelter or donate some money to your cause!

(And before anyone tells me to take my own advice I've been a volunteer at the Salvation Army soup kitchen every Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter for the past 6 years!)

Kat

Finally! We love you Reese! We would rather see you with Joaquin anyways! He would appreciate you! Buh bye pretty boy!

Whatever

Sharon, if you are concerned about reading news like that, WHY are you at TMZ? They have news sites for that, this is an entertainment news website, so WTF don't you get about it?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments