Star Jones: Emotional and Stressed Out

9/25/2006 8:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Star and Al Reynolds threaten to sue the National EnquirerStar Jones has given the National Enquirer an ultimatum: either admit that a story calling her her marriage a "sham" is untrue, or prepare to do battle in court (and remember, Star is a lawyer).

Bob Chapman, the high-powered attorney who represents Star and Al, tells TMZ that the Enquirer's story that Al is gay and the marriage is falling apart is not true. Chapman insists, "They are happily married," adding that Star is "emotional and stressed out" over the story.

The article in question, published in this week's issue dated October 2, 2006, features the headline "Star Jones' Husband Walks Out!" In a demand letter to the Enquirer, Chapman writes the article is "false and defamatory" and has "caused them massive damage." The letter also states, "You have also chosen to state that Mr. Reynolds is gay. While Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds believe that everyone should be free to make their own choice concerning sexual preference and that there is nothing wrong with being gay, you have nonetheless chosen to falsely state that Mr. Reynolds is gay." Chapman also states that the Enquirer has done "grave damage to their reputations, both publicly and privately."

Brad Zeifman, a rep for the couple, issued the following statement to TMZ: "Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds have tried to handle these vicious lies and attempts at character assassination with quiet dignity for far too long...now they will pursue immediate legal action against anyone who makes false statements about their family."

In a recent interview with Jawn Murray of AOL's Black Voices, Star stressed, "I love my husband and he loves and respects me-period! People can say what they want, but Al and I share what I like to call an unbreakable bond." Star reminds the public that, "It's not easy being under such intense scrutiny by the media. All we're trying to do is live our lives as Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds."

A rep for the National Enquirer had no comment.

KC

Al's not gay. His shorts are =/

Tim

Everytime I see picture of her she looks more and more like a living doll. A living BRATZ doll that is. Her head doesn't match the rest of her body. And calling her man gay is like calling me gay...oh wait...I am gay. Okay, I stick with what I said about him. If he walks like a queer and talks like a queer...honey he's a queer!

Gina G.

I would say to Star "keep you head up and ignore the haters" but I know she don't read this sh**!!

Gina G.

"Keep your head up..."

Brianne

Al Reynolds is pretty good looking. I'd go out with him. Heck, I'd even marry him and screw him whenever he wants. The fact that he chose Star as his wife is weird, despite her weight loss and now good looks. Coming from a female, I think Al could do better in the female department. I don't now how Oprah and Star can land such good looking men... but you gotta wonder... are they gay?

Trina

This marriage reminds me of Liza's and that gay loser she married. Al always seemed like an opportunist to me! The only time she gets the camera to herself is when he's not with her. When they are together, he makes sure he's in the photo!

I once dated a guy who was kind've affeminate. I just couldn't handle some of his mannerisms and always thought in the back of my mind ... something's not right. After we broke up, I discovered he was BI. That haunts me to this day. We don't know what Al and Star have talked about intimately. We don't know if he's got a lil sugar in his tank. We don't know anything really. All we can do is pray he's being true to her and not creeping with a dude, or a woman for that matter! I hope it's all legit. Good luck Star!

Trina

Black Girl (18 and 19), you'd be surprised who actually reads this blog! Even "sophisti'macated" people do! Don't believe the hype, girl. ;-)

Brianne

Star is just trying to make money... AS USUAL! So shallow. And you wonder why her approval rating went down on the The View.

Side note: I personally am disappointed that Star left the show. I actually like her. I think people don't like her because she's a strong black woman. And i'm not black.

But as for her replacement on The View, I hope it's Gayle (Oprah's sidekick).

Crawford County Resident

Everyone knows the marriage is a sham . From the way she got all the freebies to the very gay groom. Stop trying to fight the papers and come out with it publicly. You only react like that when the truth is out there. And wasnt it star who said, " If ever your caught, deny deny deny" ?

Lenn K

Star, you should have thought about the others more. Using the hell out of the show for your wedding. Al, I not sure. But there is one thing I'm sure of is that things seem strange.

gettheboysawayfromher

i think she if finished, washed up, skinny or fat, she is done, her eyes and eyelids look horrible since she lost that weight
who cares if her husband is gay or not, who cares if she is getting a divorce
is anyone out there interested

WHUD UP

omg star jones use to be soo nice looking now she looks like an anorexic slut. fuck you star jones thick madame for life whud up!!

ML

Seriously.... Al's gay. Al's shorts are gay. Although I can't stand "Star, the person," if you didn't know her before this and the first picture you saw of the woman was the one above.... I dare say she's looking well these days - exotic, even. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Trina

Jessica, Gayle is too dayum old. Barbara is hard enough on the eyes. No more sagging broads, please.

the wise old owl

To post # 10 signed B................. and to Post # 16 signed TIm:

These are the most refreshing comments I've heard all year. I wish more gay guys would visit this site and call it like it is. IF ANYONE CAN SPOT A GAY GUY , IT'S ANOTHER GAY GUY. DAHHHH..........

I totally believe you B, ( post #10 )
When you say AL tried to pass your Ex his phone # in a gay bar. He has been to quite a few of those , I am sure.

This guy is so busted. I talked to a reporter at the Enquirer and believe me . They do have past lovers who are willing and able to give up names, details and Dates.
This guy has left a paper trail a mile long. Star will be eating crow soon !!!!

THe only dick she is getting is the electric one that is in her drawer. Ha Ha lol
She's getting laid all right. Just not by him. Like one of the other posters said " Who could Fu#K THAT !! She must look like a saggy Elephant without her clothes on. That much excess skin just doesn't shrink back. Yuck .

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments