Exclusive: Horrifying Death of Reality Star's Baby

9/26/2006 10:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joseph SimmonsA rapper's wife gave birth Thursday, but the scene quickly turned to tragedy after their newborn girl was pronounced dead.

Rev. Run, a.k.a. Joseph Simmons, shocked fans last year when he announced that his wife Justine was pregnant on his MTV reality show "Run's House."

Justine's pregnancy was the cliffhanger on the MTV show last season. It generated intense interest among viewers who have been anxiously following the pregnancy and awaiting the birth.

Simmons, a member of the legendary rap group Run-DMC, was at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, NJ Tuesday for the birth of his child. Doctors delivered the baby via c-section, revealing a cruel twist of fate -- the baby girl was born with organs outside the body. The newborn died a short time later.

TMZ has learned that MTV cameras were inside the hospital at the time of the birth, though we do not know if they were in the delivery room.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Lisa

Words cannot express the depths of sympathy I feel for your loss. Your grief must be compounded being in the public eye, and it is my prayer that you will receive comfort and strength from our Almighty Father as well as those offering support around you. Please know that I share your sorrow and hope that you are blessed with the peace that comes from heaven in these times. God be with all of you.

tracy smith

May God Bless You Both With His Grace......................................

She_Wolf

Hello,

Is there some other way that I can add my comments WITHOUT having to resort to going back and forth in my silly email in order to "activate" my posts all the time?

Thank you! :)

twan

I am very shocked and sadden to hear of such a loss,and my heart and prayers go out to the whole entire Simmons family. May GOD bless them.

SUN

This is very sad. I do think that ultra-sound should have picked this up. After having four of my own, I know they are very thorough. Some abnormality should have shown up, hence further testing. Although it wouldnt have prevented the tragic event, it would have lessened their pain some-what.

As the parents are christians, they know the baby is in Heaven. What a much better place then here.

God Bless the family & Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

wendee

first of all, I'd like to extend my condolences to the Simmons family.. this is a horrible tragedy, made worse in some respects, by playing out in the public eye.. I hope they find strength in the Lord and find some peace in knowing that their little angel is with God, perfect and whole, watching over them..

I'm reading a lot about Ultrasounds in posts, and I'll just say this: medicine (all area) is a SCIENCE.. things do get missed, as nothing is perfect.. whether they had the latest technology or the most archaic, most likely, the end result would have been the same.. some forms of gastroschisis (the medical term for a baby being born with abdominal organs outside the body) can be fixed, but there are those, like Victoria, that can't be saved..

God bless and keep this family during this difficult time..

JUDY M LAFORE

God bless your family at this very sad time.

Jessica

I am so sorry for the loss this family has had to feel. As a parent that has lost a child I know from personal experience the feelings and emotions the Simmons' are feeling. May God bless and keep you in this time of deep sorrow. My last comment is, Your family will never "get over" this loss but with time and talking it does get a little easier with time. Never forget the baby she was here for a reason.

Deja

I just want to say that Im sorry to hear about your new born baby. I think that Justine is a buetiful person, aad a great mom. My prayers go out to the whole simmons family.
GOD BLESS

leo and arnette

i am so sorry to here that you lost your baby i feel like i was a part of your family the way imy family and i sat in front of the tv every week to see your show rev run i would also like to say that you are an idle to alot of people including my husband

april

words can not express the lost of any love one

connie

i am so sorry for your tragedy i really was waiting to here some news from yall soon on mtv just so yuo know i think you all have a beautiful family and i really admire bath of your daughters and i think you so jojo is cute i am 16 year of age i hope you all can handle your tragedy your family would have been and stayed baeutiful with or with out the baby

Pieta

May God give you the strength to handle this tragedy........so sorry for your loss.

James

So, sad...Our prayers are with you.

Logan

Wow. I am shocked. This is one of the saddest things I have read in a long time. As a fan of the show and Rev. Run's music, I offer the entire Simmons family my condolences and pray that they get through this difficult time. God bless them.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments