Exclusive: Horrifying Death of Reality Star's Baby

9/26/2006 10:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joseph SimmonsA rapper's wife gave birth Thursday, but the scene quickly turned to tragedy after their newborn girl was pronounced dead.

Rev. Run, a.k.a. Joseph Simmons, shocked fans last year when he announced that his wife Justine was pregnant on his MTV reality show "Run's House."

Justine's pregnancy was the cliffhanger on the MTV show last season. It generated intense interest among viewers who have been anxiously following the pregnancy and awaiting the birth.

Simmons, a member of the legendary rap group Run-DMC, was at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, NJ Tuesday for the birth of his child. Doctors delivered the baby via c-section, revealing a cruel twist of fate -- the baby girl was born with organs outside the body. The newborn died a short time later.

TMZ has learned that MTV cameras were inside the hospital at the time of the birth, though we do not know if they were in the delivery room.

Previous 15 Comments | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56

john tribolet

As a single father who can't imagine life without my daughter, I am overwhelmed with sympathy and sincere sadness for Joe & Justine and their families. Nothing anybody can say or do can dilute this horrific pain in their souls. May they both find all the solace they need to fill this immense void in their lives and persevere.

DANNY

IM VERY SORRY TO HERE THIS NEWS,MY CONDOLENCES TO REV. RUN AND FAMILY THE MAN IS A LEGEND AND BY APPERENCE OF THERE REALITY SHOW THEY HAVE RAISED WONDERFULL FAMILY. I WISH THEM THE BEST

Tori

My condolences to the family. The death of a child is extremely devestating and you never get over it, you just learn to live with it.

Tara

I am so very sorry for their loss! We lost our baby (also named Victoria) in August of this year, it's an incredibly hard situtation. Too bad TMZ wasn't a bit more sensitive with their comment "a cruel twist of fate". How horrible!

Robert Nesbit

Dear family you all have my deepest sympathy , you see April 2009 i also losted my only daughter she was 17 her name was Jasmin . Ive watched Runs House from the beginning , my heart feels with joy everytime i see u interact with your daughters . I know my baby is in a better place but i just miss her so much . If you can find it in your heart to send me a word of encouragement i would deeply appreciate it . From a loving father who still is hurting deeply !

Chris

R.I.P young baby... Im sorry Rev Run i watch ur show everyday so sad to say im sorry :(

Previous 15 Comments | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56