Croc Hunter Widow Coping "One Minute at a Time"

9/27/2006 12:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The widow of beloved "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin spoke about her husband in interviews yesterday for the first time since his death September 4, and a tearful Terri Irwin told Barbara Walters that she and Steve had "a romance like I didn't think existed anymore" and that even knowing the loss she would suffer, she would marry him again "in a minute."

In the sit-down scheduled to air tonight on ABC, Irwin also said that she feels "blessed" for the 14 years she spent with her husband; indeed, their honeymoon trip was chronicled in the first episode of Irwin's enormously popular show "Crocodile Hunter." And Irwin also said that she's treading the difficult days after Steve's death "one minute at a time."

In an interview on Australia's Nine Network earlier today, Terri said that she believed that Irwin believed that he would die early, but that "I'm grateful in a way, because we're prepared." And Terri said that the Irwins' premonitions of death certainly had nothing to do with sea creatures, or the stingray that eventually felled Irwin: "I thought he would fall out of a tree," said Terri. "He thought it would be a car accident."

Ms. Scarlet

Just such a sad situation, but Terri is strong as are her children. They will be fine, and his memory and dedication to the animals will live on through his children.

blah blah blah

OH TERRY
My heart goes out to you so much
I am so sorry for your loss. They say TIME is the root of healing. I feel you will get through this in time. And you you SO VERY right about things happen for a reason, even if you don't understand at that present time. But you have Steve's beautiful children and they need you. Your a strong women and I believe you Bindi and Bob will pull through these hard times.
GOD BLESS YOU

Laury

Be strong Terry. Steve would want you to be strong, for your children's sake. It kind of makes you mad at Steve for taking so many risks. I know that animals were his passion, but he should have thought about his children a bit more. Because of his temerity, his children will have to grow up without their father.

Congrats

Heartbreaking!

the wife

I really admire Terri's strength and faith through all this. I really believe when something terrible like this happens to you, its your faith that gets you through. I guess it makes me wonder what atheists do when something terrible like this happens to them?

modgirl

Im in Oz, and just watched the aussie version of this interview without the koala insert..

Ray asks Terri, did you love him too much...

she says.." no no I love him with all my heart and soul, I love him now, I will never stop loving him, I didnt love him too much, I loved him with everything I had ,I dont know how I could love him too much...I loved him just right. I love him...I loved him for who he was...and I will always love him and that will never stop"

What a beautiful woman.

Ray then asks Terri about how she once said behind every great woman there is a great man..then he asks how will you cope without that great man ..

Terri replies..." I dont have a choice, its like saying how are you gonna land when you step off a cliff, I dont have choice. I have to cope and I will be here for my kids and I will make Australia Zoo Bigger ..I'll make it Bigger. They'll say we remember when we talked about Disneyland"

She ended the interview with saying, " he was my hero, and I will be jumping crocs next winter" Ray reached over and touched her leg and said I dont doubt it.

What an inspiration this woman is, Steve isnt dead..he is in Terri and Bindi.

Stan and Paula

Me and my wife are so saddened by terrys loss, we are a very close couple as it seemed terry and steve were, we cant imagine what shes going through.
written with a tear in my eye.
We will continue to pray for the irwin family, may the good lord comfort you.

Amanda

Terri is a wonderful woman and she married a wonderful man. You can't say anything bad about Steve. He was a man with great passion for EVERYTHING! His family, animals, life and the zoo. What a wonderful family. It is such a tradgedy for this family. Steve's legacy will live on through Terri, Bob and Bindi. Terri we love you guys and even though we don't physically have Steve here with us, know that you will have a place wherever you go. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your children.

NYC

I watched this interview and it brought me tears !. Soooo sad ! You can really see the hurt and pain in her eyes. It was so refreshing in a way to actually see 2 people who loved and respected one another in this day and age. I wish her only the best in this world.