Hoff

Laughs Off Daughter's

'Suicide Attempt'

9/27/2006 4:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

092706-david-hasselhoff-aptnDavid Hasselhoff is laughing off rumors that his daughter attempted to commit suicide, calling them a "big ball of tabloid garbage."

Though multiple police sources told TMZ the former "Baywatch" star reported that his younger daughter was "cut" and it was a suicide attempt, Hasselhoff's ex-wife Pamela Bach alleges David used the story to make her look like a bad parent and lied to the cops about it. Bach says it was really a cat scratch. Hasselhoff denies calling 911 about a suicide attempt, but his publicist says the 911 operator may have interpreted it that way.

While promoting his movie "Click" overseas, The Hoff explained his side of the story, saying, "my other daughter told me she scratched herself so I thought, oh my god my daughter's cut herself; not to kill herself, she scratched herself... I still don't know the full story, whether it was the cat or what so I called the paramedics."

While claiming everything was blown out of proportion, Hasselhoff adds his daughter had it worst. "She went, 'Oh great dad now I've got to go to school while all the kids look at me.'"

Whatever

This guy is a real a**hole. Night Rider is a sh*tty father.

Kelly

They record ALL 911 calls. Where's the recorded conversation between him and the 911 operator?????

dumpling

These 2 parents are pathetic for using their daughter's "cut" to get at each other. The blaming and accusing isn't doing anyone any good. Seriously, he called 911 for a cat scratch? How freaking bad could it have been? What a doof.

We, are not amused.

Dear Mr. hasseloff
You are truly a sick and deeply disturbed person. There is a special place in hell for you: right with Insurance company lawyers and people that are cruel to animals. What a miserable bag of sh*t you are!

alissa

tell me this jerk isnt stoned. im glad hes not my dad, id disown him!!

kat76

I believe the story the wife gave that he did it to make her look bad. I mean look at his interview about it, the fake laugh, the overly long and dramatic explanation. Now, if I had a child and she cut herself, I would certainly find out if she needed medical attention before just calling 911 about it. he's a flippin' liar and not a good one at that. He needs to go back to acting school and cut his sh*t!!!!

blah blah blah

David Hasseloff what a freaking hypocrite you are.
1st of all, you don't "ASSUME" anything else when your told it was a scratch
2nd of all, you say you called paramedics: HELLO, THAT MAY AS WELL BEEN 911
YOU THINK??
and last but not least..............................you should have know what the out come or after math it was to bring on both you and your daughter!
HELL YEAH, it may have been blown out of proportion........................
Do your homework:
get a call about a scratch
call 911 (Paramedics)
suffer the consequence

DUMB ASS

white lorelei

I wonder how long it took The Hoff and his "people" to figure out the spin to use for this story.

It makes absolutely no sense.

I'm not sure TMZ acted appropriately by publishing the story without corroboration or follow-up (although understanding the need to break a story, it doesn't surprise me that it got out),

but

the only ball of tabloid garbage in this story is David Hasselhoff.

Blech.

What a mess Hollywood marriages can be.

Ida Clair

If he was my Dad, I'd cut my wrists too.

Message In A Bottle

Yeah Hoff, laugh at a possible suicide attempt...suicide is a very serious issue and to see you laughing of about it disgusts me...instead of trying to win the divroce battle, really sit down and talk to your daughter about whats really going on and give her the help and support she needs.

Caprice

He is a complete a..hole. Everyone should boycott any thing he does (e.g. movies, tv. music). He is nothing but an alcoholic, egomanic, wife abuser and now also a poor excuse for a father. His daughter will be the laughing stock of her school mates and friends thanks to this moron. They need to definitely review the 911 tape as it is a crime to falsely declare an emergency...and being scratched by the family cat is not a life threatening emergency. The little cat was not exactly Montecore!

blah blah blah

HASSELHOFF YOU JACK ASS
that god forsaken cackle laugh of yours is just as phony as you are!
You should be ashamed of your self for putting your daughters reputation at stake despite your own personal gain.
Your credibility has just been shattered due to your tactics.
I firmly believe you did abuse your ex-wife not only physically, but mentally!
I hope you get what is in store for you very soon!

Ava Rose

Okay, Im sorry but can we find a better way to become popular besides using your innocent children to get it?~~I think both of them are idiots~~Just shut the hell up, divorce and get it over with~~Stop all this back and forth bull~~Grow up and be parents~~And another thing, Im a pretty protective parent, but Im sorry, if my child was "scratched" or even "cut" by a "cat", I probably wouldn't call 911 or the paramedics, maybe just a freakin bandaid~They probably have more important things to deal with besides D List Celebrities~~But thats just me~~

Whatever

This guy is sick. He needs to be locked in a padded cell!

blah blah blah