The Hoff is Huge

... in London

10/2/2006 6:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

100206-david-hasselhoff-aptnIn a scene straight out of The Twilight Zone, David Hasselhoff was swarmed by fans for the release of his new single, "Jump In My Car."

The former "Baywatch" star took time to sign copies of his autobiography, "Making Waves," and new single, proudly boasting the success of his latest music video for the song.

"We found an alley, got three girls and a 'Knight Rider' car, shot this thing in literally four hours and it has been downloaded over 4,200,000 times," says Hasselhoff about the ridiculous (and pretty damn viral) video which has made the rounds in heavy rotation thanks to the glory of sites like YouTube.

The Hoff promises more serious work from him in the future though, telling reporters, "I can do some really spiritual stuff about people that are close to me ... you know when they get in trouble with eating or alcohol or whatever comes into your life that you need to address."

Hasselhoff singing about eating disorders ... we can't wait!

Lisa

Hugh in London? I saw a about twenty people waiting. I don't know who's more delusional, The Hoff or TMZ.

ADMF

Lisa

I wrote hugh, maybe I'm the crazy one!

Taylor

Doesn't this freak realize that the majority of people, and by that I mean a BIG majority, are downloading his video to laugh at it? I mean it's horrible! That special kind of horrible that is several steps below Kevin Federline (sorry I refuse to call him 'K-Fed') and Pia Zadora.

Oh well, at least it keeps him busy. He has less time now to call in crank phone calls to 911.

stoopit

I don't know who gives me the creeps more - the Hoff or Joe Simpson.

sherri

Doesnt "The Hoff" know hes a laughing walking joke. i feel bad for his kids. unreal. what a loser

s

Kristen

I'm not sure whether I should laugh or cry. This is pathetic.

Lindsey

I forwarded the link to the video a month ago to friends, laughing and saying "Can you believe this guy is a judge of a talent show!"

The video is so damn horrible!! It's laughable!!!

the wise old owl

David is bragging " It only took us 4 hours to video this song " It looks like it took 5 minutes. I was laughing out of embarassment . What a joke !!

The only place this guy is a legend , is in his own mind. What are those people on over there in London ? Crack ? Their taste in talent is really bad. Maybe there is something in the water.They cast Ashlee Simpson in Chiago and love her too.

I can't believe that 4 million people down loaded this piece of crap. What ever. It goes to show you talent has nothing to do with it. I said it before and I'll say it again. " Please David buy a one way ticket this time and spare us over here in the U.S. , we just want you to GO AWAY !!!

You're remark about wanting to address issues that are meaningful is just self serving as usual. Saying anything to keep yourself in the spot light. You are just pathetic. If this guy was on top of me I would throw up. He must be celibate or else he is Jerking Hoff. I hope I don't have to see another editorial on this guy again.

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know why,he cant sing,he cant dance,hes no good as a actor,maybe they think hes hung like a horse,or a squirrel

L.S

you said it # 7 he''s making an ass out of himself what a looser!!!

moretocome

And people in Europe think we’re all screwed up? They’re the ones that are keeping this hack around. Weird.

Katie Jonrd

The Hoff is not big in Europe...... it's just that a famous radio DJ from the BBC has decided to launch a campaign to try to get him to Number 1.... its all based in irony and has nothing to do with people actually liking him and his record... it's just funny and so so wrong. Brits have a quirky sense of humour and are buying it for a laugh!

Whatever

Is this brain damaged fool really that popular in Europe? If they love him so much they should keep him! Drunken fool he is.

Cary

OMG That's a joke, right? He can't be serious. That is the dumbest song I've ever heard and the video I've even worse! I'm embarassed for him.

amyg

#1 I miss Snapper from Young and the Restless.

#2 Me thinks the Hoff needs to lay off the booze before interviews. Was it just me or did he slur each sentence he spoke?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments