Gibson In Control and Sober

10/6/2006 5:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson has not been drinkingMel Gibson is not downing brewskys. Gibson's über-publicist Alan Nierob tells TMZ news reports that his client was seen at a bar drinking beer are "absolutely untrue." And sources tell TMZ all indications are that Gibson has not had a drink since his drunk driving arrest last July.

Days after the arrest, during which Gibson went on an anti-Semitic tirade, Nierob said Gibson was reaching out to the Jewish community for "one-on-one discussions" to find "the appropriate path for healing." Today Nierob told TMZ Gibson has been "a man of his word." Nierob says Gibson has come face to face with some Jewish leaders, though he would not disclose their identities.

A source who has frequent contact with Gibson told TMZ that the actor "feels like he's more in control of his life."

Charisma Rules

More denial.

Alcoholism is a dreadful disease that will destroy the life of the person addicted to alcohol and the lives of those around him. A publicist that helps cover up does his client no favors.

Whatever

I agree with #1. All these greedy publicists and agents just want the $$$ they don't give a toss if the person is clean or not!

Lisa

I'm Proud Of You Mel!

A Devoted Mel Fan

kathryn

For Mel's sake and his family, I hope he is sober. I'm not a fan of his, but I don't want to see him addicted to alcohol & acting crazy.

Joey

This guy is a total idiot....Yeah like anyone would ever find out he's at home drinking in the closet, he probualy has a stocked bar in his house. Even if he isnt drinking, it doesnt make he anyless a rascist, schovinestic pig, alcoholic, scumbag fraud. He's saying he's not drinking anymore so these brainwashed christian conservative republicans will go pay money to see his movie and make him rich...how pathetic

Charisma Rules

A number of people saw him drinking beers in Austin, Texas recently. His publicist is just lying.

Lisa

It must be Friday because TMZ has a story about Mel Gibson and I find myself defending him to the same judgmental people once again.
If Mel was drinking in Texas, at home or anywhere else, it's none of our business. No disease is cured over night, cut the guy some slack and all of you need to stop acting like you've never screwed up in your entire life.

A Devoted Mel Fan

Whatever

Mel Gibson is a huge drunk racist turd.

Bingo34

Glug Glug Glug Glug....ahhhhhh.

Joey

Listen here you Devoted Idiot, I screwed up many times but never got so drunk and got in my car to go kill someone, get arrested, than scream racial slurs and call women sugar tits than go claim to be a christian. You need to go find a new celebrity to look up to, besides Paris Hilton who you probualy adore.

Alix

Is he dead yet?!!!

MCKOOL

MEL IS A DEVOTED CRISTIAN MAN.

Jeanette

Im a fan but I would not say devoted....The guy made himself one hugemongus mistake. Period. End of Story. Lets move on. None of us know what it is like to live in a fishbowl and have our mistakes thrown in our face time and time again. As for those that say he deserves it. Lets see it happen to you then you can be the judge. The bible says let no man judge lest he be judged. Would you want to see your mistakes come back on you? The thought of mine coming back on me scares the hell out of me and I want no part of that.

Us judging him combined with his mistakes do not make a right.

Lisa

Why you so upset John? Let go and enjoy life! I'm sure that we both have done things that the other person would not agree with and just so you know, I would let Mel call me sugar tits anytime, and just so you know even Christians make mistakes.

A Devoted Mel Fan

Alyn Brodsky

He's a damn lying dirt bag.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments