« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Man-Love for Matt and Lance?

'Wasn't for Us'

10/17/2006 5:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lance ArmstrongThey might not be gay lovers, but Lance Armstrong and Matthew McConaughey certainly do have cutely butch names for one another. In the November issue of Details magazine, on newsstands this week, cover boy Lance says that the BFFs call each other "LiveStrong" and "J.K. Livin," and when asked whether they're gay, he jokes: "We tried it. Wasn't for us."

The two Austin, Tex. natives have been friends for years, but they really started to bond, says Armstrong, when their respective relationships with Sheryl Crow and Penelope Cruz dissolved. And when it comes to the tabloid attention both attract, they've got totally different approaches. "He's all tin cans and yam," says Lance of the famously crunchy Matt. "I get s**t on my Blackberry ... My cell phone. Most of it is bulls**t."

Elsewhere, Armstrong expresses shock that President Bush wouldn't fork over $1 billion for his charity -- given that bird flu, he says, got $7 billion. And he sets the record straight about Jake Gyllenhaal portraying his life story: He's not.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

moretocome

Give Bush hell. He promised money for AIDS research as well and has not come through. Just another lie from a Bush's lips. His war means more to him than America does. God bless America!

Kait

What is tin cans and yam vs. b.s.? He is so intellegent I can hardly stand it. If I could ride my bike really fast I could leave my kids home, act like a party boy, hang out with my bffs and say incoherent things and still be hailed as some kind of hero too. Good grief.

Whatever

Bush sucks sh*t. Who cares if these two are lovers? Free country isn't it????

monalisa13

"We tried it. Wasn't for us" What is that supposed to mean? I never heard of such a thing. Don't try too hard to be cute, Lance. You are a great inspiration to me as a bicyclist and to many others, I'm sure. Don't blow it.

Ben

#4 he was just joking LOL. lighten up

Alyn Brodsky

They're gay as geese--but so what! If that's their pleasure so be it.

Bush Who?

Bush didn't come through for Lance? I guess he needs a wakeup call like the rest of America. Bush exploited Lance big time when he was really sick and made his comeback.

I don't care if the two guys are honking each other. I'm not surpised or shocked anymore. I caught two married male coworkers getting it on a little obvious in the parking garage after work.

Men are pigs when it comes to getting it. Women would be surprised what their men will do. Deny them a BJ or just don't feel like it? They'll get it somewhere rather than pull their peter.

Read the news... The GOP and their followers are ardent closet freaks.. So was Jimmy Swaggart.

Whatever

Lance is one ugly man! He needs to stop cheating at cycling and grow another ball! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

tammy

Lance Armstrong the poster boy for cancer survivor; I'm glad he beat cancer but I think he has exploited this disease for his own gain more than anything. I would imagine he has gotten rich off the yellow "Livestrong" bracelets worn by everyone. And I'm sure Lance has thrown some crumbs to the cause of finding cures for cancer and cancer research. But I personally believe Lance has forgotten that he is a cancer survivor and likes whooping it with his celebrity buddies. He sure isn't a good example as husband or father.

Danny JG

No.8 & No.9....You're both brainless goons! No.8 Kiki should be on full-time medication....No.9 Tamaka, you wouldn't know a role-model if it landed in a tree and sh*t on your head!...I'll bet you're doing a lot with YOUR life....Both WORTHLESS....

Mr Chill

If Lance and Matthew are gay I want a 3 way.

Tammi

"We tried that is wasn,t for us"? OMG. I wonder how Matt likes that statement.
I can't stand this guy...ever since I saw him pal-ing around with Bush. "Oh, Bush let you down"? Gee what a shock. He has let the whole country down JACKASS!

jennifer

#7 (Bush Who) are you a man or a woman? You seem to be very in tune about men's closet behavior. As my grandma used to say........"that thing of theirs bothers them terribly at times." I agree with your's and all the other negative postings on Lance Armstrong. Leaving his wife and 2 kids, when they supported him throughout his cancer episodes, and moving on to that country singer, then ditching her for a man. This guy is a wack job and completely full of himself.

jane

LMAO!!! They are NOT gay...and I agree if they are I am in line for a threesome!!

Stephanie

Lance is a jerk- we saw him and Sheryl at a water park last summer where I had two young kids who wanted a picture with him.. He just ran from us, wouldn't even speak to them. Sheryl seemed sweet enough to at least turn to the kids and
explain that her fiance just wasn't stopping, even though we were in a remote area of the park with very few people around to cause a commotion. I'm glad to hear that the engagement was called off- she doesn't deserve him.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments