Keith Urban Enters Rehab

10/20/2006 4:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It appeared his life was picture perfect, but now Keith Urban says he's been battling alcohol abuse and has entered a treatment rehabilitation center.

According to a statement issued by Urban's publicist, the country singer checked himself in last night with Nicole Kidman, his wife of four months, by his side.

Urban says, "I deeply regret the hurt this has caused Nicole and the ones that love and support me." He adds, "One can never let one's guard down on recovery and I'm afraid that I have."

Urban's statement ends with this message: "With the strength and unwavering support I am blessed to have from my wife, family and friends, I am determined and resolved to a positive outcome."

This is not Urban's first stint in rehab. The singer sought help in late 1998 for drug and alcohol abuse. Urban, who has admitted to free basing cocaine, once told USA Weekend Magazine "I had this house in Nashville where I used to do drugs. ... I remember one night crawling around on my hands and knees, looking for these little rocks at five in the morning."

All immediate appearances by Urban have been postponed.

Brandi

He did the right thing! By going to treatment he is taking responsiblity for his actions and trying to make things right. If he ignored his problem and continued to use drugs that would set a bad example to today's youth. Drugs are bad no matter who uses them. Atleast he is man enough to admit he has a problem and take the approiate steps to fix the damage.

im just sayin

Nicole plays that holier than thou act. I knew she was a piece of sh*t. To pretend to be all prim and proper than go marry some alcoholic druggie. These scumbags never surprise me. Nice example Nicole to set for your daughter. Act like your better than everyone else than go marry a loser. Hypocrit!!!!

kia

This really isn't new for Urban. It's what broke up his engagement with Niki Taylor. He has had a constant struggle staying sober and that isn't news in Nashville. Too bad because he is a nice guy.

Trophy Wife

Those of us who are truly Keith's fans and have followed his career and life over the years will love and support him through this troubled time. Are any of you nay-sayers on here laughing and making fun of this PERFECT? No.

Anyone who has a friend or family member that have gone through addiction and recovery knows that it is a life long battle and lots of people get sucked back in. THANK GOD for Nicole to stand by him and help him through this. That is what a wife does.... through the good AND the bad.

More power to you Keith and thanks to Nicole for standing by and helping him through this.

kim wood

He may be a star...but he is still a human being....everybody fails at something ...I wish him well!!! kim

im just sayin

yeah yeah yeah #13. Boo hoo hoo. Sure she will stick by her man. Wow they are going to last forever. YEAH RIGHT!! Its freggin hollywood idiot. Shes probably signing the divorce papers already when hes in rehab. Lets feel sorry for everyone tonight. Here is a great idea. DONT DO DRUGS!! Your famous. Try to set a good example. But yeah trophy wife. Lets feel bad for the millionaire that couldnt give two sh*ts about you!!

raacist bullsh*t

I know some of his employees and their spouses that need some serious rehab too. Problem is, they won't get the hint, and their kids are suffering for it.
Urban will eventually lose popularity, and I CAN'T WAIT for it to happen. He fools everyone with his nice guy, country act... doesn't even like country music, just isn't talented enough to make it in any other genre. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

kia

Urban has one of those bizarre fan bases that idolize him beyond all human failings. They are actually pretty well known for their obsessive behavior. If you go to a concert, you will see 95% or more of them are overweight middle aged women who fantasize about him dumping Nicole for them.

He is a very good artist but his latest stuff has been pure crap and that alone would lead anyone back on the pipe. Still, I hope he can work through it again.

As for Nicole, she seems to attract a lot of tragedy in her life. Too bad. Ditched the pyscho midget for the never ending struggle of drug and alcohol addicted spouse.

I Adore Them Both!

Oooooooooooooo - that really bums me out to read something like this. Way back when I remember thinking "wouldn't it be lovely if Nicole and Keith could get together and live happily ever-after? That Tom Cruise guy was waaaaaaaay to weird for her." Now look - Keith and Nicole got it together and he fell off the band-wagon. I truly hope he realizes what a class act he's married to and stays clean!!!! "Til Death Do Us Part Keith! Don't make it any sooner then necessary man.

And please people - yes - there's a huge divorce-sling-nasty-stuff-let's-do-a-committment-ceremony-and-leave-Danny-in-the-morgue-I-got-smacked-down-by-Shanna-Tom-is-holding-Katie-hostage-Sara-and-Craig-screaming-foul-at-one-another-Mr. Snipes-I-don't-have-to-pay-taxes-does-anyone-have-Willy's-phone-number-blah, blah, blah in the entertainement world but let's give these 2 a chance. Who knows? By some fluke it juuuuuuuust might work!

Meghan

I wish you well Keith Urban and I wish well your marriage with Nicole!
Love
Meghan

kia

#17, I've met this guy and I know a lot of people who worked with him and I've always heard that he really is a nice guy but he has always had a very shaky grip on the wagon and is fairly well known as a lecherous type when he is boozing drugging it up. I actually know more people though who are close to Niki Taylor and think highly of her and I'm just thankful she got out of that mess with him.

Meghan

I wish you well Keith Urban and I wish you marriage well with
Nicole!
Love
Meghan

Kiru

Whats it for? Alcohol or cocaine?

MommaT

Wow........didn't see that one coming. Glad that he is seeking treatment.

C

wasn't there a clause in the pre-nup about drugs and alcohol...