Keith Urban Enters Rehab

10/20/2006 4:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It appeared his life was picture perfect, but now Keith Urban says he's been battling alcohol abuse and has entered a treatment rehabilitation center.

According to a statement issued by Urban's publicist, the country singer checked himself in last night with Nicole Kidman, his wife of four months, by his side.

Urban says, "I deeply regret the hurt this has caused Nicole and the ones that love and support me." He adds, "One can never let one's guard down on recovery and I'm afraid that I have."

Urban's statement ends with this message: "With the strength and unwavering support I am blessed to have from my wife, family and friends, I am determined and resolved to a positive outcome."

This is not Urban's first stint in rehab. The singer sought help in late 1998 for drug and alcohol abuse. Urban, who has admitted to free basing cocaine, once told USA Weekend Magazine "I had this house in Nashville where I used to do drugs. ... I remember one night crawling around on my hands and knees, looking for these little rocks at five in the morning."

All immediate appearances by Urban have been postponed.

Trophy Wife

#15... yeah yeah boohoo.... maybe she'll stick by him because she loves him. you know, i bet that CAN happen in hollywood. do i care if he gives a rat's ass about me? hell no, i have a life. i just happen to be a fan of his and enjoy his music and from the work he does for charity, seems to be a nice guy. been to see him 4 or 5 times and think he's very talented. does the fact that he's rich and famous and married to a beautiful actress make him a piece of sh*t? hell no. i live in the real world. he, like lots of "normal" people, have addicition problems. i feel for them as much as i do for him. hell, i'm addicted to dick and fall off the wagon but that just makes me human. i'm still a nice person.
Piss off to you.... hang in there Keith.

Angela

NOBODY IS PERFECT.
This proves it, Just because they are celebrities doesn't mean that they aren't human. Keith is just like you and I. Drug and alcohol addiction can happen to ANYBODY!!!!

rick

Glad to hear that another millonaire is able to seek treatment for addiction, because if it happened to a regular, working class person, they would be assaulted by law enforcement officer and thrown into jail. Nice to know that money and fame puts you above the law and allows for you to get help when everyone else rots in jail. When the laws are equal for everyone, only then will I start giving a damn!

Jimmy

Good Luck Keith ! We all wish you the best...Just keep your head up and you'll be fine bud...From a Fan !

im just sayin

#25 You have the nerve to call yourself a trophy wife with that classless mouth.
I can tell its another lonely Friday night for you sitting at home looking at your computer AGAIN!!

RenRen

It seems like all you have to do when you're a Hollywood celebrity (or congressman for that matter) and you screw up real bad, is to simply check into rehab and say you have a problem. It's like the magic pill that's supposed to make everything you did just magically go away. Where's the responsibility? At least Tom Cruise doesn't do drugs nor is he an alcoholic and he always seems to happily be there for his children!

Donna

well I'll be danged, there is the makings for a country song

DeeBee

Remember when they were in Australia getting ready for their wedding and Nicole sent out a case of beer to the photogs? I wonder if that was really his stash.

demetra

i think nicole stipulated in her prenup that if he fell off the wagon, she could walk away, because it's a breach of their marriage contract. how sad that she already is confronted with his demons. it makes one wonder: does he really want to be married, if this happened so soon after his wedding? i feel badly for him, but worse for her, really. i hope they get through this and that he takes this stuff seriously enough to stay sober forever.

Elizabeth

I wish Keith the best of luck because he is going to need it after he gets out. Didn't Nicole put something in their annulment about him and if he ever got back into drinking and all that? Considering this, I will be suprised if they last.

Elizabeth

Hey Demetra, I was right! I didn't look at all the comments before I left mine. Thanks for the confirmation.

the wise old owl

Ummmm............I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that he was busted with a bunch of strrippers performing unspeakable acts with one of them. The stripper that sold the story took a lie detector test . Seems Kieth gets frisky and a bit perverted when he hits the juice. ( If my memory serves me correctly ,,, it was at his bachlor party.) He had no choice but to fess up and go straight into rehab. I am sure Nicole was not thrilled to hear that confession. Talk about " Off to a bad start " Geez.

Some people just can't handle having one drink. He is one of those people. Seems once he has a drink........ he just can't keep johnson in his pants. Nicole will have to watch this guy like a hawk.

Lello

You know renee, or Rasta, as you like to be lnown in the "brangelina holes" you hide yourself into, don´t judge people. You have such a nerve. You and your friends back there are so judgemental.

Sharon

I feel terrible for Nicole. I hope--one way or another--she gets through what has to be a huge disappointment so soon after their wedding. Addiction is a horrible thing and people do relapse but some finally figure it out and get themselves together--like Brett Favre, who overcame vicodin and alcohol abuse and is now clean and sober and "there" for his family and his wife, who is fighting breast cancer. Keith is likely getting the best possible treatment and this is probably his one and only chance to pull himself together if he wants to keep his marriage intact. I really hope that's incentive enough to stop with the drinking and anything else he may be doing.

Brandi

#30 You really are an idiot. The laws are equal for everyone! I am no millionaire, nor have I ever been thrown in jail to rot. But, I did have an addiction to pain pills. I went to treatment like any US citizen can do. All you have to do is pay for it. Anyone can get into treatment, not just famous people!!!!!!!!!!!!!