Keith Urban Enters Rehab

10/20/2006 4:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It appeared his life was picture perfect, but now Keith Urban says he's been battling alcohol abuse and has entered a treatment rehabilitation center.

According to a statement issued by Urban's publicist, the country singer checked himself in last night with Nicole Kidman, his wife of four months, by his side.

Urban says, "I deeply regret the hurt this has caused Nicole and the ones that love and support me." He adds, "One can never let one's guard down on recovery and I'm afraid that I have."

Urban's statement ends with this message: "With the strength and unwavering support I am blessed to have from my wife, family and friends, I am determined and resolved to a positive outcome."

This is not Urban's first stint in rehab. The singer sought help in late 1998 for drug and alcohol abuse. Urban, who has admitted to free basing cocaine, once told USA Weekend Magazine "I had this house in Nashville where I used to do drugs. ... I remember one night crawling around on my hands and knees, looking for these little rocks at five in the morning."

All immediate appearances by Urban have been postponed.

L.S

wow poor miss perfect nic...maybe you should go spend some time w/ your kids

Lee

Wish him well. I'm sorry for Nicol. They really look happy together so hope all is going well with Nicole and Keith.

We, are not amused.

Hey Keith,
We're here for you buddy!

Dimples

I guess all these celebrities don't know what to do with their money, so the spend it on drugs and alcohol. They can send some to me. I don't think this marriage will last very long. I never feel bad for drug addicts or alcoholics and would not contribute a penny for their recovery. Nobody puts a gun to their head and forces them to take it.

TJ

I would think Nicole knew about his past before marrying him. What was she thinking? These celebrities are just so screwed up...all of them! Between drug abuse, changing partners more frequently than their undergarments, alcohol problems, adultery, nasty divorce allegations, egomania and rude behavior it's a wonder why they have any fans at all. Make them all go away!!! PLEEEEEEASEEE!!!

Tina

Good luck Keith, I still love you. as for Nicole she may want to move on. shes as fake as they come. Keith you can recover, I did!!!! & i did it on my own.

kgb

What a huge surprise! Nicole has terrible, terrible taste in men.
I wonder what her psychologist/psychiatrist would say about her if she wasn't his daughter?
The guy is a loser.
SO sad for Nicole....but she must have had some inkling that he was up to something before they got married...

Tina

Hang in there Keith, we love you MATE

Tina

Hang in there Mate, you can do it!!!!!!
we kove you

gena

FAKE MARRIAGE FAKE NICOLE : I totally agree with#44 what ever...maybe you should go spend your time withyour children! do you remember Nicole you have 2 kids? After all Tom isn't so bad ; he spend his time with them

Tired and Ready for A Nap

Didn't he sign a prenup that said something about how the marriage could be null and void if he ever fell off the wagon?

Man, that was fast!

Amber

Wow #15 you had some very nasty comments you sound like a mean person and you need to relax. #13 I agree with you. I am acountry music fan and Keith is one of my favorites. I was very surprised to hear this news today. I had no idea he was having trouble with alcohol. I have seen Keith in concert a couple of times and was probably the best concert ever. I can't wait to get his new CD. God bless Keith and his family. I wish them all well. I hope he comes out of this soon.

We, are not amused.

So Tina...you like Keith?

That's nice!

You can put your tin-foil hat on now.
Mommie promises to make the "bad" man go away!

Ms Kris

Boy, "Drop Your Clothes" Kidman sure can pick the losers huh?

arabella

Someone mentioned he was dumped by Niki Taylor for boozing and bedding women.

Anybody think it is ironic that this happens the same week her engagement is announced?