TMZ Solves Britney Baby Mystery

10/24/2006 2:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jayden Birth certificateTMZ has obtained a copy of the birth certificate for the latest addition to the Spears/Federline family, and now it's official -- it's a boy!

The certificate, filed today at the L.A. County Registrar-Recorder's office, reveals that the boy's name is Jayden James Federline. The certificate is signed by K-Fed himself, although a close inspection reveals that the signature is more like printing. Daddy Fed inked his name on Sept. 13, one day after Jayden was born.

K-Fed has been taking chances since Jayden's birth. In fact, just last night the new daddy mixed it up with John Cena on WWE's "Monday Night RAW," getting his "revenge" on Cena with a little slap but incurring Cena's wrath. Of course, K-Fed avoided any kind of retribution as Johnny Nitro stepped in on his behalf.

Britney GalleryThere was considerable confusion surrounding the birth of Britney's second child. Originally the baby's name was reported as Sutton Pierce Federline. Recent reports also indicated the baby was a girl. Last week, Celebrity Baby Blog had reported that the name was Jayden James, J.J. for short.

So baby Sean Preston has a lil' bro. No, we're not talking about Kevin.

anthonysdreamgirl**

I like the name...

Texasgalgonebad

Yo Momma , What is wrong w/Earl???? My Dad was Earl... & YEA I am a Honkey.....

Jennifer

WOOOOO WHOOOOO!!!!!!!!! SHE MADE A FOOL OUTTA ALL OF THOSE FOLKS STICKING THEIR NOSE INTO HER PRIVATE,NONE YA, BUSINESS!!!!! KUDOS BRITNEY!!! I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IN YOUR CORNER. YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO LIVE YOUR LIFE THE WAY YOU SEE FIT.
JENNIFER IN FORT PAYNE!

CRISTOL ADAMS

I'M JUST GLAD THAT IT IS A NAME THAT CAN BE PRONOUNCED AND THAT DOESN'T HAVE TO DO WITH THE WEATHER OR RAIN FOREST.

mia

who cares 2 kids welcome to the real world oh i forgot she can afford plastic surgery to put everything back in place top and bottom guess she wont have to tuck hers in her socks

Jennifer

I just would like to know how TMZ got a hold of a birth certificate, when the hospitials are suppose to have a privacy act, where they can't give out any personal information...

Susan

I don't care if those 2 have a 6 eyed monkey. Hmmmm......it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Is Britney trying to out "create"Shar? Dear Lord you dumb ole girls. look who the babies daddy is. Y'all could have done so much better. Now you 2 are branded as ding-bats who like K-Fed. A fate worse than ...gee I can't think what is worse........ instead of loving K-Fed...!!!!! you should be K-Fed up.....Dang!!!!

redd77

Damn!!!! I named my baby boy Jayden. He was born in July - Can i change it now?

Kris

Wow, this is just as earth shattering as the genocide in Darfur! Thanks so much for reporting the REAL news!

Renee

I do like the name Jayden...now the dad and the mom are a little strange...

U Know Who

Erm Kris, hon this IS A CELEBRITY GOSSIP WEB SITE not CNN.

This is a safe haven AWAY From "Darfur" or whatever the day "BlackDeath" is where people can take a few minutes to laugh and poke fun, have a couple minutes AWAY from the "REAL" news.

But hey thanks for your wonderful insight........you freaking genius you

BlackMetal

Lindsey

Post #30... Her name is spelt "Britney' (not Brittany). Also it's not an apostrophe ... it's part of the "t" on the word identity, that's written across the birth certificate..

K. Tucker

I think a lot of you people out there have to remember the old saying "until I walked in the other person's shoes". Give these kids a break. Who cares if anyone likes the name they gave their new baby. They probably wouldn't like the name you gave your children either. I am not a big fan but I think criticizing this is ridiculous. So what if they called him by different names. Does this affect world peace. In other words, people, keep your sense of humor.

wjes1999

Jayden is my three year old sons name. James is my seven year old's middle name. Great choice Britney!

Jennifer Scott

Agree with #42 I too wonder how long before we find out she's pregnant again. I personally think Jayden is a silly name, but it's not my kid so I really don't care that much.