Meds or Not, It's All Cool Between Katie & Brooke

10/30/2006 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nothing mends a celebrity rift like a baby.

Katie Holmes seemed to forget the firestorm of controversy created by her man with regard to Brooke Shields this weekend, when she ran into Tom's former abuse-target at a private party in Los Angeles. Katie's face lit up as she gazed upon Brooke's daughter Grier, and the love-fest (however polite and camera-ready) continued throughout the rest of the conversation.

Looks like any ill-will concerning Tom Cruise's bashing of and subsequent apology to Brooke about her use of medication for her post-partum depression seem to have melted away.

Are playdates with Suri and Grier far behind? Stay tuned.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

ihatefollywood

check out the new issue of star magazine (the one with kate hudson on the cover), inside is a picture supposedly taken in may 2005................katie looks to be about 3-4 months pregnant then! take a good look at her stomach pooching out in her white armani dress.
which would have put a due date around dec/jan give a month or two. the pictures of suri DID look older than what they claimed.......still a mystery.
and WHERE IS THIS CHILD? seriously, what is wrong with these people????

Stephie

It's sad to see how much she has changed in her clothing and hairstyle.. She used to look young and fresh, and dress her age.. Now she just look and dress like a woman in her mid-40s. How sad. She has aged 20 years in about 8 months. Looks like she is trying to look older than she actually is. I guess when you're about to marry a guy in his mid-forties..

Shannon in Texas

Katie to Brooke (in this pic): Is that a baby? Can I touch it? Oh wait I can't right now my black fingernail polish is still wet.

Renee Biswell

Thanks Miacoppa for the links! Very informative and educational. It is so sad to see a fresh young actress in the tenticles of Tom Cruise! She had a promising future, now she will forever be linked to him. I don't feel as sorry for her as I do their children all of them, the real ones and the fictional ones! The only saving grace is that if Suri does not exist then she will not have to grow up with this mad man and this cult! When I read further into the world of $cientology it made my skin crawl! I consider myself a reasonable, educated person. I spent ten years in the military, I went to college, and I have two children of my own. If just reading some of that garbage sent my red flags waving what is wrong with Katie! Run girl! as fast as you can! I will say this and I am sure many new mothers will agree. With both of my children (once I got on my feet) I could not wait to show them off!! I dressed them up really cute and took them everywhere I went. I hated being away from them when I had to be. The difference is that if I was not with then my husband was. I can understand shopping with all of the popz around but you never see either of them going anywhere with that baby? As a parent of a 6 year old and a 9 month old that strikes me as very, very, strange. Oh wait with TomKat that might not be so strange at all.

Sassy Mama

Whoa, people. Got some negative vibes here. Go take your prozac and go to never-neverland and try to get happy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5