Divorce Docs Prove Britney Faked Her "Wedding"

11/7/2006 5:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In the wake of Britney Spear's bombshell split from Kevin Federline, the pop princess has revealed a major secret about her highly publicized and widely photographed wedding -- it was a fraud!

Spears and Federline celebrated what many thought was their wedding day on Sept. 18th, 2004 at the Studio City home of wedding planner Alyson Fox. Roughly 25 close friends and family members reportedly attended, including Spears' mother and sister.

However, according to the divorce papers filed by Spears, her marraige to K-Fed didn't occur until Oct 6th -- nearly three weeks after the "secret" nuptials went down.

Us Weekly obtained what they claimed were authentic legal documents signed by Spears and Federline and their attorneys. The documents, published on thesmokinggun.com state that the event that happened on Sept. 18 was a "faux ceremony," and also state that the pop duet had to work out a prenup before tying the knot for real.

Britney's rep fired back at the reports, telling Us Weekly at the time, "This is all ludicrous. They are happily married, and I have no reason to believe otherwise." Yeah, right.

Now, with the official date on the record books, we know that they got hitched after the blitz. With Brit reportedly worth $32 million at the time of the wedding, the former Mouseketeer was smart to ink a deal before signing her marriage license!

Robert

I want Britney's lipstick on my dipstick.....:)

Mad Balls

Wedding was a fake ? I don't need no stinkin' paper to prove that ~~!!

U Know Who

She's damn cute in that photo.

EL-Phantasmo!

javelin

anybody else just totally win a britney & K fed breakup by 2007 bet??

tot

Britney LIES about damn near everything. Is anyone surprised?

and back again

Who'd of thought it would happen? Someone (TMZ) just called Britney smart?
The divorce I could see coming ... this, no way :)

Katie

Yeah, I won a couple of bets. I'm proud I have no faith in them because I'm making some hardcore money off of this.

Lynette Carrington

1. K-Fed leaves Shar Jackson
2. K-Fed marries and has kids with Britney Spears
3. K-Fed releases LAAAME rap album
4. Most of album tour dates (albeit small) are cancelled
5. Immediately, Britney sheds 20 ugly pounds and an even uglier husband
6. K-Fed gets sued by Thomas Dolby.
7. K-Fed gets several million in divorce settlement, blows the wad on a diamond necklace which he loses in a drug deal gone bad.
8. K-Fed winds up working at Church's Chicken

I just love celebrities!! They are just so darn entertaining. Especially the dumb ones!!

jan

CONGRATULATIONS BRIT YOU HAVE FINALLY COME TO YOUR SENSES AND UNLOADED THE BUM.

Sarah

Actually, Britney was worth a lot more than $32m during the time of her wedding. According to Forbes magazine, her personal wealth was estimated at about $123m in 2004.

MEILING ALSEN

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!

samjad03

Now Kevin can fade into the obscurity he so richly deserves. You've got to feel sorry for the guy - he's lost his meal ticket, and without her celebrity to help it along , his career will be swirling the drain at lightning fast speed.

ANGIE

TO COMMENT NUMBER 3 ... I HOPE YOU ARE NOT CALLING K-FED A CELEBRITY LOL, B-CUZ HE DEFF., IS NOT ONE.. AS IT GOES FOR THE WEDDING BEING FAKE. THAT MAKES ME KINDA SAD :( BECAUSE MY BIRTHDAY IS ON SEPTEMBER 18TH AND I THOUGHT IT WAS KINDA COOL THEY GOT MARRIED THAT DAY. I KNOW, KINDA LAME, RIGHT? WELL EITHER WAY GOOD SHE KICKED HIM TO THE CURB. CAN'T WAIT FOR HER NEW CD TO COME OUT !!

tim jeffries

Just go'es to show ya You can never just an actor's rep.She should have know ,he had some one pregnant when she meet him.Gold Digger!!!!!!!!

James Cram

Unless she calls me and wants to marry me with no pre-nup.......I'm not interested.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments