Britney/K-Fed Divorce -- Nasty Turn

11/8/2006 2:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsTMZ has learned Kevin Federline may fight Britney Spears for custody of his children. Federline has not had much time to react to Spears' decision to end the marriage, and that's because she didn't tell him in advance that she was filing for divorce. Federline was caught flatfooted when TMZ broke the story Tuesday that Britney filed legal papers in L.A. County Superior Court.

Spears has asked for sole custody of the couple's two small children. TMZ is told Federline is thinking of challenging that, even though Spears has functioned as the primary,Brit and Kevin: Click to launch if not sole parent, as Federline tours the country hawking his CD.

Federline almost certainly cannot challenge the prenup. Sources say hotshot divorce lawyer Laura Wasser drafted an air-tight prenuptial agreement before the couple married. So Federline's only chance of cashing in is by mounting an ugly custody fight, trying to force a more lucrative settlement. But friends of Spears say Britney will fight a holy war to prevent Federline from getting custody and, given his track record -- or lack of it -- with the kids, it would appear Spears has the clear advantage.

s lindstrom

Who Cares?!?!?! Everyone on the planet knows what a nitwit she is. Why would anyone think she could choose someone to have sex with over a lifetime? Why are you all wasting bandwidth with this crap?

Hello Kitty

If he was making her happy.. I had hopes that they would be able to make it.

I'm sure his idea of custody would be to leave the kids with a nanny while taking money from Britney. It was beyond tacky the way he ran off and left his daughter, after he started dating Britney. Its one thing to end a relationship.. but don't leave your kid wondering where the hell you went.

Well I guess this is going to put her new cd on hold.. but she should have more to work with.

Nananana Hey hey hey goodbye

spell

She was a dumbazz for even getting marryied to this guy. Why would you marry someone that's not on your social level anyway. This couldn't of been love it was more procreation. Hell anyone could of hit them skins, she just showed how much a slut she really is. Long live Britney Spears...Keep the marriages going you'll pass Liz Taylor soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

India

Britney wants sole custody of their two children for a reason. It's just sole custody. It's not like she's taking full custody of both children, and leaving Kevin with supervised visitation rights. Give me a break. I have a feelinfg that this is going to turn really icky. It's not like Kevin doesn't get to see his kids. Does he even take care of the two kids he has with Shar? I hope they both get what they want out of this, and move the hell on.

Britney still has a promising career.

Kathleen

K-Fed is a giant douchebag; his face should be on Massengill boxes.

YOMOMMA

Britney is getting back what she did to Shar why did it take her two babies to see that he was not going to change? You cant tell something was wrong because she just had a baby from him (again )two months ago and if was so bad then why did she have another baby I 'm pretty sure it didnt just get like that

Nicole

Wow, I think she is definately on the comeback. Everyone I know said she was over. I cant wait to see her back better than before. I just feel sad. She thought love would conquer all. Is he one of the most hated men in Hollywood?

Nicole

h8er#1

GLad she's finally come to her senses, but TMZ did not break this story. I saw it on the news first, TMZ. Way to get on board though.

vicki

K-fag should have been worrying about his wife rather than wrestling John Cena. I don't know what took Britney so long to ditch his ass

Karrie

Finally, Britney has "SEEN THE LIGHT" !! This is such a great move for her...that loser husband of hers ...he seems to be good at two things.... Partying, and fathering child after child ...and he is definitely NOT "Father Material" !! He acts more like a rebellious "teen-age boy" who cannot seem to "grow up". It may sound harsh but Sean & Jayden will so much better off without Kevin. (Kevin is no "role model" for for his two young sons)! I know it's tough being a single mom & Britney will have her hands full...but she has her family who will be a great support for her and she has MONEY to hire "help" if need be. You go, Britney !!!

Lisa Sanders

IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME - he has ruined you and your reputation enough - no more free loading - bring back the Britney of old.... Stay strong and good luck!

Stephanie

I'm just glad she's finally dumpping that loser of a man. Oh wait he ain't no man. A true man wouldn't have ditched the Shar while she was still preggo with his second child to hook up with Brit. That "boy" deserves every single thing she does to him.

Me

Post #17: I like that--Vanilla Fed. Hehe.

Custody information for Vanilla Fed:

Kevin dear, first you have to BE a father for the court to determine if you or the other parent is the most fit parent. Since you've already struck out on fatherhood 4 times in 4 years, it doesn't appear that the court would determine you to be fit. It's that "best interest of the child" guideline. You might want to check into that. Any judge who thinks you have the best interest of the child in mind would need to be hit upside the head.

Further, you are more interested in your career than you are in your family, since you just proudly announced in this last day or so how you are going to be away from your family more often and it will be a sacrifice. Yeah, nice going there, rap star.

Anyone can be a father. It takes someone special to be a daddy. You might wanna learn how that works sometime, loser.

Candace

I bet she reconciles with him