Shakira:

Heavy Metal Goddess

11/16/2006 5:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Shakira: Click to watchColombian hip-shaking sensation Shakira was honored by her hometown of Barranquilla yesterday, with the unveiling of a 15-foot, six-ton iron statue of the singer. The statue does not gyrate.

Shakira played a concert in the city, which doubled as a fundraiser for Shakira's foundation, Pies Descalzos ("Bare Feet"), which builds schools around Colombia.

The sixth school funded by Shakira is set to open in 2008, putting her neck-in-neck with Angelina Jolie in the Hottest Humanitarian competition. Caliente!

claudia

Shakira is awesome and Jon I will bet $100 that you can’t dance, and have had your girl cheat on you with a sexy Latino.
Just admit it your bitter!

Iz

Jon's just angry that he's small and can't perform in bed. There's pills for that, sweetheart.
And I'll bet you learned your knew word from Mind Of Mencia, sorry to burst your bubble, but he's hispanic too. Sorry you're too stupid and ignorant to notice.

george vieto

Holy Rocky Balboa statue Iris. The Colombian female version of Elvis Presley (the hip shaking part) has a statue of herself for giving moolah to the poor. OUTASIGHT! Now can you build a highway between Colombia and Panama borders and we will build name an airport in your honor.

Wicked

Shakira is a beaner bitch...greasy, slimey MO FO bitch...dumbass no talent go back to Columbia...you smelley HO.

Patsy

Jon,

Shut the f*** up!!!!!! "You sound racist" and if so why are you in TMZ is an all race site. I think the one with no talent, dumbass, and greasy is you!!
Shakira may not be the best of the best..but she has made it far and it it's been this far is for a reason.
Oh! By the way being a beaner is nothing to be ashamed of you f**king d*ck head!

amr

tmz needs to cross check their spelling before posting..colOmbia is with an O not a U...that would be a university in NYC.

TruthLady

Oh you little dumb ass you didnt! First of all I am not surprise that someone that expresses himself like that has absolutely no idea what talent is! First of all, many of the gringo stupid "artist" in this country will die to have one inch of the talent she has. Please, compare Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton, Britney Spears with Shakiras lyrics. No comparison.... oh right, I am sure you cant read or have absolutely no idea what her words mean since they are to educated for you. I feel so sorry, but you know what people like you do deserve little, stupid, ignorant artists like P. HIlton.
Anyway, I went to this concert and it was the greatest one since it was her, as well as me, hometown. So she threw the house out the window. It was wonderful as expected.
Go Colombia, Go Barranquilla!

pennylane

people: its not spelled colUMbia!!! whats wrong with you???? its COLOMBIA.

TruthLady

Thank you for correcting that, it gets kind of boring and time consuming after a while to make the same correction. If you know a little bit about the world (hey kids the world doesn't mean only the U.S., guess you should get out a globe and learn a little of geography) people would know the difference.

Wicked

#2 Patsy you need to shut the f*** up...you stupid piece of sh*t. I have every right to hate Shakira and you. Beaners stink. Get it and so do you .. you loser. Why don't you get a damn job .. oh I know, because you are super stupid...that's the ticket...you ho bag, sh*t eatin, nasty ass bitch.

very truly not yours,

hahahahahahaha

coco puff

Why don't the Colombian drug lords build schools there? And by the way, if the kids are all barefoot, how about some kicks for the kiddies, indoor plumbing wouldn't either.

TruthLady

oh Jon, poor Jon, I bet you are a little rat hillbilly redneck. But you know, comments like yours really need to be ignored. But I really feel very sad for you. But hey, the day I pay attention to a ignorant, no class, poor honky like you, that will be the day.
Wishing you the best.

rocio

OH NO U MO FO JUST DIDNT SAY WHAT I JUST READ....

FIRST OF ALL #1 "BEANER" WOULD BE A SLANG TERM USED FOR A MEXICAN.:::I KNOW IM ONE:: SHE IS FROM COLOMBIA

# 2 PATSY WELL SAID....THANK YOU

#5 ALSO WELL SAID..

AND JON #1 QUIT BEING SUCH A DICK HEAD..... UR JUST MAKING UR ASS LOOK SO RETARTED!!!

I LOVE SHAKIRA AND HER MUSIC...WHAT CAN I SAY SHE MAY NOT BE THE TRULY BEST ...BUT SHE ROCKS!!!!

TruthLady

Tony, let me respond to your very stupid question, I get a kick out of doing this. First, I believe that Colombian's Drug lords' main clients (which are only from the U.S. since they are the only wackos who are ok on burning up their brains) are in low in cash. I guess the their clients have gone over their limits and have not been able to balance their bank accounts. Also, I give you some extra info, eventhough you find drugs their we are intelligent enough to only sell it to guys like you. In addition, I live in Colombia half of the year and anybody will tell you that you live much better and HAPPIER than in the U.S. well actually you would be happier anywhere than in the US.

Wicked

cute Lil chicana...I think you are probably not and you need to shut the hell up.

first of all, I know what a beaner is...and I used the term correctly.

second of all, you need to go back to school and learn how to spell correctly or don't they have school's in Tijuana

She is a greasey no talented cold hearted psycho conceited dumbass bitch.

NOW WHAT? LET'S TAKE IT OUTSIDE YOU STUPID FREAK