Richards' Rant -- Not The First Time

11/22/2006 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael RichardsDid Michael Richards attack the Jews? Two Los Angeles residents have come forward and said that's exactly what happened last Spring at L.A. comedy club, The Improv.

Carol Oschin and J.P. Fillet say they were at The Improv on April 22 when Richards took the stage. They say that in the middle of Richards' skit, a man in the audience said something to the comedian, when Richards allegedly launched into an anti-Semitic rant. According to Oschin, Richards screamed at the audience member, "You f***ing Jew. You people are the cause of Jesus dying."
Offended couple - click to play

Oschin says the rant continued and Richards stormed off the stage. Oschin and Fillet say that, at first, they thought Richards' tirade was part of his act, but claim that it quickly became apparent it was not.

Richards' publicist, Howard Rubenstein, confirmed to TMZ that Richards did make derogatory comments about Jews, but says it was part of his act. Rubenstein says Richards told him, "I'm not anti-Semitic. I was playing a role and poking fun at the rednecks."

Rachel

To "A Jew" I am a white and Catholic. Thank you for proving that, all evidence to the contrary, it is possible to have intelligent discourse, even on TMZ.

Shalom

Tommie

TO #335-EDY

I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT BLACK PEOPLE WILL KILL THEIR OWN MOTHERS WHEN IT IS A FACT THAT WHITE PEOPLE ARE NOTORIUS FOR KILLING THEIR WHOLE FAMILIES (MOTHER INCLUDED). AND NOT ONLY DO THEY KILL THEM, BUT THEY WILL BEHEAD THEM AND EAT THEIR BRAINS FOR DINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW YOU CAN'T EVEN POSSIBLY GET ANYMORE SICKER AND EVIL THAN THAT!

chris walcz MRWC

THIS JUST IN;...YO,,,MICHEAL,,i found you a new booking,,,yur leaving tomorrow nite.....it's a club called WHITIE'S in UGANDA,,,beautiful country,,,don't kno how long the show will be runn'in. (i guess until they catch up to you)...from there i'm tak'in you to JERUSALEM,,a joint calld "THE WAILING WALL TAVERN",,,do yur schtick about JESUS CHRIST,,,they'll love it...you'll be a star again..wud do you say.....chrisMRWC

Tommie

TO#308-RAVEN

YOU NEED TO SHUT THE HELL UP. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

IF YOU RAN YOUR MOUTH LIKE THAT IN PUBLIC, BLACK PEOPLE WILL TEAR YOUR ASS UP IN A MILLION LITTLE PIECES TOO! (AND THAT GOES FOR OTHERS ON THESE BLOGS MAKING THESE IGNORANT RACIST COMMENTS).

SO JUST GO SOMEWHERE AND PLAY OR SIT DOWN AND SHUT THE HELL UP!

jan

PEOPLE NEED TO GET ON WITH THERE LIVES. AND YOU FOR ONE HAVE NEVER MADE FUN OF SOMEONE???? YEA RIGHT.FIND SOME ONE ELSE TO MAKE FUN OF.

Just A Girl

Glassa (in response to your response to me),

I agree 100% with you. If people want the n-word to go away,
then no one should use it period and not justify it and it is sad how the ignorant ones who use the word will diss those who take a stand against it.

However, I think as a society in general is putting WAYYYYYYYYY too much energy into this and just need to let it go. He said something dumb and it's not the first time a celebrity will say something dumb. We'll be talking about someone else in a couple of weeks.

These racial comments aren't making anyone feel any better about humanity and are just adding fuel to the fire. Let's focus on something more important.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving :)

Manny

I hope the putz chokes out on a kreplach

Just A Girl

Whodis, I agree - LET IT GO already! What has this spawned on this board but hate filled, uneducated racial generalizations (which they are just that - generalizations)?

I agree with Carly. Let's put our energy into something meaningful like Darfur. (And Carly, I loved that "zing" you put in there about Jamie Foxx :)

Arrrgh!

Rachel

Tommie, let me try to explain this to your feeble little mind again, I know it's hard for someone with your limited intelligence but try to follow me here. When you or anyone else talk about blacks retaliating with physical violence you are merely perpetuating the worst kind of stereotype. I know you are too stupid to realize it but that's what you're doing. Do you really want blacks to be portrayed as little more than savages whose only means for speaking for themselves is a weapon?
So in the future perhaps you could refrain from posting your ridiculous rants by amusing yourself in another way. Say, russian roulette or auto-erotic activities. Trust me, no one will miss you.

Love,
lawchick

P.S. Richards is laughing all the way to the bank as those residuals from season 7 come pouring in.......ha ha ha

Kathie is a phony

Thank you Lawchick! I couldn't have said it better myself, especially the savage part, because that's about the only way they seem to know how to communicate, with violence! And all because a WHITE guy called them the N word! But it's ok for one of their own to do it! Go figure!

FromMyPOV

To (A JEW) and (AMIAS)

I have been keeping a close eye on this story but I will not share my opinion in this forum, because this is not the place for serious and healing dialogue. But I did scanned back and read the dialogue between the two of you. It was the only dialogue that really caught my attention. Amias, at first I thought you were Jew bashing, but as I read what you were saying and look past the anger, I can honestly say that I don't believe that was what you were attempting to portray. You spoke what you felt and knew based on your experiences and your people's history, and in the end you were very calm and gracious.

A Jew, I have to say that even with Amias' graciousness in the end, calling her a Jew basher on one hand, and wishing her well on the other, seem a little insincere. From you, I was hoping for a little bit more. I do so wish that the two of you could have had this interaction in email because it would have been more productive for both of you. Also, I think I might know this person called Amias. I think I came across her Blog. If she is this same Amias there is no way I will believe that she hate Jews or anyone else.

Respect is being able to agree to disagree peacefully, without jumping to conclusions. We are all individuals and as such, we do not all think alike. Your dialogue stands out in this forum and for this reason I am glad it’s here. There is a good side to everything.

Just A Girl

Raven, I am black and while I do agree with lawchick's comment about what Tommie wrote, I must say that some of your comments have been filled with generalizations about blacks. For instance, you made the remark that that's the only way "they" seem to know how to communicate, with violence. I am an individual and wish to be treated as such. No one in any race acts any one way. I know how to express myself intelligently without resorting to violence. There are other blacks who do also. Some white people are serial killers, but I don't infer that all whites are serial killers because of a select few. As for what Richards said, he didn't call me the n-word, he called a couple of guys in an audience the n-word, so whatever to that. And as for your comment that "it's ok for one of their own can do it [use the n-word]", if you read some of the above comments, there are blacks (myself included) who have said that they do not use the word nor agree with the use in ANY form. I don't allow that word in my home and I know lots of blacks who don't either. I cringe when any black person uses the word because they know good and well they would not approve of anyone else using it although that shouldn't give anyone "carte blanche" to use it, either. So both sides are wrong in that respect.

So, not attacking you, Raven, but this is an open forum, I just wanted to get that off my chest :) Have a good day :)

Rachel

I've always loved Seinfeld and Michael Richards and still do. I also believe Richards apology was sincere and that he should be given the benefit of the doubt. None of us know what's in another person's heart. Personally I think his rant had more to do with rage than anything else but I can understand the offense taken. These 2 gentlemen may have been rude and probably were but Richards comments were way out of line and suggest some serious emotional problems. I can only imagine their embarassment that night. How would any of us have felt had we been in their shoes? And quite frankly I think attorney Gloria Allred and Sharpton were the ones who brought up the money angle. What is just as shocking is the comments from both blacks and whites on this board. I choose to believe the disturbing comments come from a minority of both blacks and whites. At least I hope so or we're in BIG trouble.

Kathie is a phony

I can respect your opinion, Just a Girl, and it's a shame that there are so many in your race that ruin it for the good ones like yourself. It's a sad fact that if you look around, the majority of blacks seem to be less respectful of themselves and their families, and choose to live their lives hating us whites for things that happened to their ancestors...things that they know nothing about, but opt to carry the hatred through the years within themselves. I do know some decent, God fearing black people, but I also know many more that want to blame all their misfortunes on racism, rather than the paths they choose to take their lives in. Yes, we have whites that do the same, and I have no more respect for them either. But at least they don't blame their problems on the color of their skin, or on YOUR race, and how many of them have lost jobs to blacks? I think they should stop wasting energy on complaining about the breaks they don't get in life, and start working on finding ways to make change that. If they were all as intelligent as you seem to be, I think we would get along alot better, and there would be no need for this board to begin with. You have a good day too!

chris walcz MRWC

THIS JUST IN; YO,,MICHEAL,, i just got word from the JEWISH DEFENCE LEAGUE,,,they say they have conclusive proof that the JEWS didn't kill CHRIST,, theres evidence that it was them dam UKRANIANS AGAIN,,backed up by the ALBANIAN SECRET SERVICE..yessir,,oh well,, sorry ol' buddy,,,looks like you'll have to apologise to jewboy afterall....chrisMRWC