TMZ's Guide to Black Friday

11/24/2006 2:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Black FridayAs the official beginning of the holiday shopping season, Black Friday has brought the American buying public out of a turkey-induced coma with promises of impossible-to-beat prices, and the subsequent stories of whole families being trampled in electronics aisles. So while you're battling for that last Elmo doll or PS3, TMZ wondered if celebrities will be beating down the doors at Prada.

Turns out that Rodeo Drive doesn't subscribe to the Black Friday super-mega sale idea. After making a few calls to shops along the famous strip, we learned that the best deals you can get are sales on Fall fashions as they make room for Winter apparel. So that's a wash for celebrities and non-celebrities looking for that $5 Dolce & Gabbana bag. It ain't gonna happen.

Without the high-end shops participating in Black Friday, there's a good chance you might spot Lindsay Lohan at Target buying socks. Seriously, no one can resist cheap socks.

jennifer

Black Friday is big everywhere else. This morning on the news it showed people stampeding as soon as the store doors opened, and there went a man rolling on the floor in his down jacket, with people running around him. On one hand, it's good that the economy has improved (apparently for some) that they have money to spend. On the other hand, it sure brings out the rudeness in people.

wink

BLACK FRIDAY.........it's for beginners and amateurs ! !

wink

If LL was there they must have FM 'socks' on sale! !

lisainla

I hate long lines and crowds like that...not to mention trying to park

Ashley

Does anybody think that "Black Friday" is an insult to black people? to me it sound like "oh lets call it Black Friday for the bargains and cheap sh** because thats what black people are about" maybe im analyzing it a little too much but it sounds like a slander to me.

Candice

It is called Black Friday because traditionally it was the day that stores came out of the red and went into the black. (Meaning they were finally making money). Not everything is a racial issue, jeez!

Ashley

i bet your white huh candice? you wouldnt know what its like... anyways fu** off

moretocome

Ashley I'm guessing you're very young. Or you would know what Black Friday means. It has nothing to do with race. It's all about $$$$. But why be so rude? You asked and someone responded with the fact.

Ashley

exactly, i asked someone to respond... im not even fully black. i grew up around all white people and im light skinned as hell so im not stating that i am offended by it. someone brought that fact to my attention so i asked someone to respond. she got snotty talking about not everythings a racial issue jeez. b**** kiss my ass i didnt say it was. all i was doing was asking for someone elses opinion not to get crazy with me. thank you.

Just the Facts

Ashley,
You're a very angry, unhappy, and dissatisfied person or you wouldn't jump on anyone for giving you a response. I've read your postings in other blogs regarding your thoughts on racism. You've been in here too long. Go have some cereal and watch cartoons.

Candice and Moretocome,
Thank you for clearing up what Black Friday means.

Ashley

look... im sorry if offended anybody about this topic. like i said someone else brought this to my attention. im not the type of person to say oh they're doing this because these people are black or whatever. that s*** is so over rated to me. so if it sounded as though it was my own thought than i apologize for any misunderstanding. and candace i didnt mean to call you a b****. and moretocome i respect what you said. ive been dealing with a lot of stress and lately its been just coming out of me like KKKramer lol.. hope you guys have good holidays.

Ashley

zoie, kiss my a**. im probably old enough to be your mom. like i said that comment was not from me. and yes i have said other sh** about racism when it has had to do with Kramer. do you disagree? i will admit the first comment on here should have never been posted. someone asked me, do you think it is racial about the black friday thing cuz we were reading it and so i put that on there for them. thank you. but i know what it means so i agree that its not about any race thing. also, im am not angry about anything... there are some things i have had strong opinions about when it comes to racist people. like i dont know if you read my comment about how a friend of mine went to a party and was shot and killed because he was black and that is so uncalled for. so stupid. and since then i have had a really strong opinion about racism, but i dont hate anybody or race. my mom is white my dad is black my neices are asian my boyfriend is mexican. so i dont have anything against anyone. i apologize AGAIN if i offended anyone that was a stupid comment that should have never been posted so please accept my apology.

moretocome

We're cool. I understand that's Kramer things been heating up the blogs! I stay home on black Friday, every year. That's my tradition.

chopchop

Ashley, Glad to see you are on this board too!!! My goodness, you're everywhere!!! Not everything revolves around "Black & White". Yes, we all know you're a half breed, everyone has always been jealous of you, etc... Sweetie, give it up already!! How many posts do you have to make to get your point across!!?!!

chopchop

Ashley, in your #12 post you said that you were probably old enough to be Zoie's mom. On another board you said that you were 18. Honey, you've been on so many racists rants that everybody on here knows you. You've said many times that you are half white/black with very light skin. Are you an albino??!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments