Oprah's an Oreo, Says Rapper

11/30/2006 10:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah Winfrey has morphed into a middle-aged white woman, says 50 Cent, and "caters" to their needs more than she does her black sisters.

The loose-tongued rapper accuses Oprah of being an Oreo – black outside, white inside – in an interview in the January issue of Elle (via Page Six), saying that the Queen of All Media "started out with black women's views but has been catering to middle-aged white American women for so long that she's become one herself." Former drug dealer Fitty – along with Ice Cube and other rappers – has previously taken shots at O for not having rap artists as guests on her show. Oprah, for her part, has also criticized rappers for their "hateful" and degrading lyrics. And, just to add fuel to 50 Cent's fire, O just bought a new apartment on one of Chicago's most exclusive blocks.

Will Wills Pop the Big Question Soon?

Could Prince William finally have found his queen-to-be? Despite some recent rumors of trouble between Wills and longtime galpal Kate Middleton, it seems that the matter of the future King of England's wedding isn't a question of "if" so much as "when." People reports that the engagement buzz is getting "as hot as a pot of Earl Grey," and that Kate has been invited up to the royal family's estate at Sandringham for Christmas Day lunch, an "unprecedented" honor for an unmarried partner of a royal, and tantamount to an engagement announcement. Still, there's no timetable set quite yet for a wedding (Wills and Kate are still only 24, after all), and William has stipulated that he doesn't want to marry until he's 28. Still, says one royal observer, "It's decision time. The pressure starts now."

Suge Calls Snoop A Puking, Weepy Weenie Rat

Suge Knight, rap mogul and founder of Death Row Records, says that there's a reason why Snoop Dogg keeps avoiding jail time despite repeated arrests for drug and gun possession – he's a narc.

"Snoop is a rat," says Suge to Page Six. "He's a police informer. This is the only guy who never goes to jail no matter what. I don't like rats." Still, jail might be about the safest place for Snoop after the new Rolling Stone hits the stands, in which he disses Suge something fierce. "I stepped to him at the BET Awards [four years ago]... and he was more scared than a motherf***er," says Snoop of Suge. He also says he "never was afraid" of Suge, and "was afraid I was gonna have to kill him." Suge shoots back: "Snoop has never been in a real fight. When there's trouble, he runs to the police. He throws up and starts crying." No word on whether Snoop booted and sobbed during his arrest Monday night on drug and firearms possession, as TMZ first reported.

Party Favors: Kidman Gets Biggest Payday of All ... Axel Foley Returns in Beverly Hills Cop 4

Nicole Kidman is Hollywood' highest paid actress, says the Hollywood Reporter in their fifth annual survey of distaff talent. Kidman gets as much as $17 million per movie, says the Reporter, while runner-up Reese Witherspoon gets about $15 million. Renee Zellweger, Drew Barrymore, and Cameron Diaz round out the top five ... Eddie Murphy will be on the case again as that cackling, mischief-making detective Axel Foley, says Variety. The project is out to writers now with Lorenzo di Bonaventura as producer, though original producer Jerry Bruckheimer is likely too busy to deal with it.

Afiya

OH SNAP!!...Snoop better watch his mouth before he be laying with TuPac and Biggie...is this why Snoop be packin'...scared Suge gonna light that ass up!

OH THE DRAMA!

Go Away

I wish the article would have elaborated the exact reasons why Oprah is considered an Oreo... because I just don't see it. She is a very rich successful black woman so why can't she live in a posh area of Chicago? Besides he's most likely biased in his comments because she has made it known she doesn't like rap lyrics and most of the rappers...

Gina

Can I ask why its okay for 50 cent to call Oprah and oreo and act like being white is a horrible thing, but Michael Richards talking about blacks is so taboo?

girly

50 cent has ran out of people to feud with so now he's going after Oprah of all people! He needs to get a life! I'm a big Oprah fan and I think she caters to smart and strong women of every race! And this is coming from one of the black sisstas he's talking about!

mike

All those rappers can say what they want,they promote violence on a daily basis to impressionable idiots.that has a direct effect on society itself.Oprah just makes women act annoying,which is bad but not as bad as running into a bunch of idiots who wanna play hard like their favorite rapper.

Ryan

Oprah caters to $$$
50 caters to $$$

HA HAHA

uh 50 cent is in elle magazine.... talking about oprah being an oreo? WOW i dont even have anything else to say...

PDX

Which rapper is next to be shot? The more the better... Our poor communitites need some new role models

TJ

Should she move to the ghetto? What a stupid remark. Oprah has well balanced programs and she doesn't cater to anyone. Just because she is intelligent, chic, articulate and actually donates a lot of the money she earns to good causes does not make her an "Oreo". Anyone should speak out against the rappers who mostly use foul language, are uneducated and do nothing much for mankind except to set a bad example for our youth. Oprah rises above all that and is a wonderful role model.

Jamie

Re;#12,sorry about misspellings,typing fast!

p1tey1

50 is acting like a spoiled child.

He forgets that he wouldn't be as popular or sell as many albums if White suburban kids weren't also into rap.

I don't think Oprah caters to White women at all. And just because they like her doesn't mean she is a sell-out.

Its attitudes like 50's that is the reason so many Black children fail. They don't want to be perceived as trying to be "White" by their peers, so they would rather fail. I remember kids whispering that sh*t in my ear when I was a little girl growing up. They called me a "cheese eater" and accused me of trying to be "white".

I love who I am, and I am sure Oprah loves herself and who she is too. It doesn't make you a sell-out when you strive to be the best you can be. And I applaude Oprah for taking a stand and not allowing rappers on her show.

TJ

To Sister Vagina: If you don't care and are bored why read the articles and comment?

John C jackson

Well for one thing, even if Oprah were white, no way in hell she's "middle class"... Maybe she's a RICH white woman?

Couldn't believe it

Why waste space printing about Prince William getting married? Who cares? The people in this country aren't "Loyal Subjects" to his family. Second, I don't watch Oprah but she has done alot of good for alot of people in the world and it doesn't matter to her what color their skin is. As someone else said above, her crowd is women in their 50's and they have no desire to listen to rap music so why would she have a rap artist on her show. I don't listen to it and I'm not even close to 50. That's something my teenage children listen to. Not something adults listen to. All the rap stars talking about her need to start paying attention to the things going on in the rap world. Look at this about Snoop Dogg and Suge. There is talk people being killed. Why would anyone in their right mind want someone who says things like that on their show. Why try and introduce them to more of the world than already has been influenced by them?

kelismemilkyass

argh! cant beleive the oreo comment, why does everything have to be so black and white (ha thats too funny even for me)

"dont judge me cos of the colour of my skin" isnt that what most people say? i dont get it, why is there such a divide between black and white people all the time! I didnt realise just how racist 50 is! what a wanker, so up himself and im a fan of his, not oprahs! idiot!