Oprah's an Oreo, Says Rapper

11/30/2006 10:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah Winfrey has morphed into a middle-aged white woman, says 50 Cent, and "caters" to their needs more than she does her black sisters.

The loose-tongued rapper accuses Oprah of being an Oreo – black outside, white inside – in an interview in the January issue of Elle (via Page Six), saying that the Queen of All Media "started out with black women's views but has been catering to middle-aged white American women for so long that she's become one herself." Former drug dealer Fitty – along with Ice Cube and other rappers – has previously taken shots at O for not having rap artists as guests on her show. Oprah, for her part, has also criticized rappers for their "hateful" and degrading lyrics. And, just to add fuel to 50 Cent's fire, O just bought a new apartment on one of Chicago's most exclusive blocks.

Will Wills Pop the Big Question Soon?

Could Prince William finally have found his queen-to-be? Despite some recent rumors of trouble between Wills and longtime galpal Kate Middleton, it seems that the matter of the future King of England's wedding isn't a question of "if" so much as "when." People reports that the engagement buzz is getting "as hot as a pot of Earl Grey," and that Kate has been invited up to the royal family's estate at Sandringham for Christmas Day lunch, an "unprecedented" honor for an unmarried partner of a royal, and tantamount to an engagement announcement. Still, there's no timetable set quite yet for a wedding (Wills and Kate are still only 24, after all), and William has stipulated that he doesn't want to marry until he's 28. Still, says one royal observer, "It's decision time. The pressure starts now."

Suge Calls Snoop A Puking, Weepy Weenie Rat

Suge Knight, rap mogul and founder of Death Row Records, says that there's a reason why Snoop Dogg keeps avoiding jail time despite repeated arrests for drug and gun possession – he's a narc.

"Snoop is a rat," says Suge to Page Six. "He's a police informer. This is the only guy who never goes to jail no matter what. I don't like rats." Still, jail might be about the safest place for Snoop after the new Rolling Stone hits the stands, in which he disses Suge something fierce. "I stepped to him at the BET Awards [four years ago]... and he was more scared than a motherf***er," says Snoop of Suge. He also says he "never was afraid" of Suge, and "was afraid I was gonna have to kill him." Suge shoots back: "Snoop has never been in a real fight. When there's trouble, he runs to the police. He throws up and starts crying." No word on whether Snoop booted and sobbed during his arrest Monday night on drug and firearms possession, as TMZ first reported.

Party Favors: Kidman Gets Biggest Payday of All ... Axel Foley Returns in Beverly Hills Cop 4

Nicole Kidman is Hollywood' highest paid actress, says the Hollywood Reporter in their fifth annual survey of distaff talent. Kidman gets as much as $17 million per movie, says the Reporter, while runner-up Reese Witherspoon gets about $15 million. Renee Zellweger, Drew Barrymore, and Cameron Diaz round out the top five ... Eddie Murphy will be on the case again as that cackling, mischief-making detective Axel Foley, says Variety. The project is out to writers now with Lorenzo di Bonaventura as producer, though original producer Jerry Bruckheimer is likely too busy to deal with it.

Deborah

Well Fifty,

I want to know what's wrong with enjoying the riches that her intelligence and career has afforded her, along with shedding some of the negative friends and associates she had prior to her "Success" so that she could maintain a healthy life style. Understand that Oprah is well rounded and that she her fame has placed her in such a diverse society that her intelligence has allowed her to supersede many of the below average Joe’s like 50 cents. As for 50 cents, he is an ignorant for saying that about her that's his opinion however, why would he need to discredit someone when he has millions? If anything he should be wondering why he is 38 years old and can't even have an intelligent conversation with her. I feel like if more rappers would become educated and stop being so closed minded, ghetto, and thinking that the hood mentality is the only way they wouldn't be millionaires still getting caught up with the police for drug possession, fire arms, and "Beefs". 50 cents, should be more like no sense because he obviously doesn't respect her or any other well educated black leaders to whom he can' t identify with or intellectually !

Kris

How ironic that the 'Oprah' story appears alongside the 'Snoop' story. Surely this just proves the point that while Oprah is a positive role model for ALL women, Snoop Dogg, Suge Knight and 50 Cent have done more to degrade women than just about anyone, while continuing to perpetuate moronic stereotypes about black men.

Why on earth would anyone want to promote a platform for people whose main claim to fame seems to consist of gang-related shootings, arrests, jail time, drug possessions and rape allegations?? Grown men threatening in the media to shoot each other? Please.

And the comment that being rich, successful, and respected makes you an 'oreo' just reveals 50's own racist views - against his OWN race!! What, are we to assume that being uneducated, illiterate and ignorant is a 'black' thing? Charming.

I for one would be disgusted if 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg or ANY of these clowns were to appear on Oprah's show - and I'm not even a particular fan of hers. I just hate the way that gansta rap has spread around the world and apparently made it 'OK' to call women sluts, whores, hoes, bitches etc. and much, much worse. It not only denigrates all women - black and white alike - but does the black community no favours at all.

However, I'd welcome Chuck D on Oprah any day!

Joanna

OH SHUT UP 50 CENT!!

THis guy is always fighting with someone. Cant get along with anyone. SO Oprah doesnt want to bothered, why should she? She's a 50 year old woman, she's mature, she doesnt need to be involved with the rap world especially not a trouble maker like 50 cent. She's a good woman who helps people when they need help. She's not a racist, her best friend is black. THe race issue always comes in. 50 shut up because the way you run your mouth you will be laying next to TUPAC pretty soon. Someone is bound to shut your mouth...for good one day!!

We, are not amused.

NEWS FLASH...
"Entertainment Tonight" has reported on its website (www.entertainment2nite.com) that the poster know collectively as JIM CROW, HOLLYWOOD INSIDER and FREEDY JR., is in fact a fifty year old BLACK woman named Ophra Winfrey.
Film at eleven

Deborah

Well Fifty,

Miapocca

HILARIOUS:

50 really wants to get on the Oprah Show and so he thinks by making up these stories Oprah will eventually invite him to settle on the show......FAT CHANCE AHAHH

1: First someone on one of these blog accused Oprah of being racist towards Caucasians

2: Now 50 calling her an Oreo

3: Seems she cant please any RACE hahahah, If this is her formula for making her zillions, then I for am impressed...

4: Why assume that all white/black people have a certain behaviour patterns. …Yes our general personality can be affected by our culture, environment, etc etc etc.. People who straight out ascribe certain behaviours to a person because of RACE are RACIST…...YES YES YES..50 is guilty of racism just like Krammer and Mel.

5: Looking beyond skin color, whatever lies within is what SHOULD gravitate you towards a person, the people you click with, your friends irrespective of color. So who knows Oprah is probably more attracted to the personalities of her dogs than either white or black or green or red or yellow ppl. ( I am not naïve in thinking that discrimination does not exist, especially when the Indian guy hires the other Indian guy, or when the White lady hires other other White lady…. it does, and I wish it didn’t…I would like to challenge people to look beyond the skin color and see a person not a COLOR.)

6: I watched wife swap the other day and its also interesting to note that two white families can differ so oooooooooo much ...so there.

9. We are too busy always grouping ourselves into racial groups. As white person you dont have to support the actions of every white person..if the president is a dumb, you should say. Also as a Black person one should be under no obligation to support every black entertainer or actions they personally disagree with. Bill Cosby and Oprah help to let others know that they are beyond a COLOR CODE. They have personal opinions, if it conflicts with people of the same color and how they want to help advance the lives of people in this country, too bad for the people like 50 who think otherwise. Instead 50 should be working on being a role model (in his own way)and stop ragging on others and their approach to life..he hasn’t earned the right to criticize Oprah

8: Personally RAP music gives me a headache...plus why should I listen to violence and insults to women and anyone else they think deserves it.....However I have no prb with anyone who makes or buys it, ...So if Oprah hates that music genre then she certainly wont be pushing it on her show...she knows what works for her , who to market to and thats the secret of her sucess...Sorry 50, maybe she will grow young with age and discover the beauty in you rhymes..then you will have a hearing on the Oprah show/. 50 doesn’t relate simply because he is not intelligent enough to relate..its not a black white issue. And to think that I always thought the Oprah show refrained from taxing the minds of the viewers, seems there are more challenged ppl out there than I thought.

hahaha

Most Rap Lyrics are very degrading and exploit woman as objects. Why would she subject her "women of all color" audience to that kind of nonsense.

JolieIsFake

Nah, Oprah gives a ton away to the blacks and not the whites. I guess he's jealous becuase she's not giving him anything.

girly

50 cent is a complete and total idiot! What does he do to represent sisstas in a good light? Not a thing he shows us as big booty hoes in his vidoes! And does not have anything good to say about us in his songs! It's bitch this and bitch that suck my dick and all that other crap he says!

Isatta

Yes! I'm with #4. Why is Cameron Diaz a high paid actress. I remember that year when she WAS the highest paid actress in Hollywood...I mean why? What notable roles has she played other than Charlie's Angels? I'm sure she would have some potential if she accepted better roles but c'mon! And why isn't Halle Berry on this list? Like, she's a way better actress that Cameron! Moving on to Oprah...I can slightly agree with 50 Cent (even though I loathe his charcter and prescence). I am a black woman and while I don't necessarily think Oprah is a quote on quote "Oreo", I think her show is primarily aimed to that significant audience (middle aged white woman) And they LOVE Orprah, and I respect her too as a Black woman on top (BILLIONAIRE BLACK WOMAN), but I think she is a little too hard on rap artist. Example when Ludacris was on the show. Like I wanted to f***ing slap Oprah for being so disrespectful!!! Yeah, a lot of rappers have derogatory lyrics, but that's their "thing" and it doesn't define their entire character. Ludacris works with several charities and helps out in his community, seems like one of the coolest, most down the earth rappers in the industry and just because OPRAH didn't like his "Move Bitch Get Out The Way" song, that gives her the right to look down on him. Oprah is cool, but she can be a real stuck up bitch at times. I feel like she's a successful black woman, he's a successful black man why not support each other? They both struggled...I know I'm going on and one BUT...On a side note: Why is that she never said anything about Jay-Z or Diddy? What because they're "bigger" stars than Luda? Both of them say just as much offensive things in their Lyrics as all rappers do and I doubt Oprah has even listened to any of their albums. Wonder what she has to say anout Luda's new song? Which has a good message.

Tracie

50 Cent is just looking for someone to pick on. Stupid that he decided to target one of the richest women in the world. He wants to hate because she is where he wants to be right at this moment. What the black community, that agrees with him, doesn't realize is that Oprah has worked very hard to be where she is today. She worked as a low paying journalist who did hard hitting, dangerous stories. She wasn't raised with a silver spoon in her mouth, for god sakes she was repeatedly molested by members of her family. To tell you the truth I'd be glad if I only got shot a few times then to be raped by your family. That's just nasty. She's over come so many things to be as successful as she is and she's never used her past as a crutch to get her to where she is today, she just made sure her past was known and that everyone knew it was dealt with. Can 50 say he hasn't used his past as a crutch? What are all his lyrics about? Not about anything very personal just money, hoes, cars, material wealth, selling drugs, and being shot 9 times and surviving. Come on now how many people can really relate to that? Certainly not the white suburban kids that make his CD's go platinum. How many people can relate to Oprah's trials and tribulations? Many. That's the reason why she has such a huge fan base. It's not about if you're black or white or whatever, unless that's how you choose to see the world, it's about what type of person you are. Once you show yourself to be guinuine your skin color starts to fade and you start to shine.

Sophie

Like Oprah gives a damn about what that two bit rapper has to say! LOL
If Oprah doesn't like rap music or rappers because of the language along with the objectification of women, that her her perogative! And if she doesn't want them on her show, sobeit! It's her show! I just really get a chuckle out of these suppossed "Hardcore", "Gangsta", "Thug" rappers getting their panties all in a know because BIG BAD OPRAH DOESN'T LIKE THEM! LMAO

I'd tell, once they grow some balls like Oprah,
then they won't give a damn!

All Hail Lady O!

oat

What does 50 know about middle aged white women? Heck, whites are the only ones that CAN'T cry foul.
No matter WHAT happens to them.

Nicole

Dianne,

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about. Did you not see the Oprah show where she gave away CARS to her entire audience, which is always comprised of a MAJORITY of white women? Oprah gives to people of all races.

Anyway, I'm tired of this "oreo" nonsense. Growing up I was called "oreo," too, by *some* black people. Why? Because I am black. I attended college, graduated with honors, then went to law school and graduated with honors , and now I'm a practicing attorney in two states. I turned 24 years old in April.

People called me an oreo because I went to school, spoke "properly" (people said I was "talking white" as if only white people can speak properly), and because I listened all all types of music but country music. They called me an oreo because I had a diverse group of friends that included white people (one of my best friends is Jewish, as are several of my other friends), black people, Asian people, whatever. The people who called me oreo wanted me to act in certain way that I did not feel was right for me.

This is not about Oprah being an oreo. WTF, she just had Jennifer Hudson, Jamie Foxx, and Beyonce Knowles (all black people) on her show talking about their new *black* movie, "Dreamgirls." It's Oprah damn show, hence the show's name: The Oprah Winfrey Show." She can have whatever guests on it that she wants. Maybe if 50 Cent stopped rapping about hoes, drugs, and guns, maybe she'd invite him to be on her show. I'm pretty sure that the target demographic for the show, as well as Oprah herself, are not interested in listening to what some random rapper has to say about anything. I know I'm not, and not only I am black and proud of it, but I like rap.

50, stop being a bitch. Get your own show and say whatever you want, but complaining about Oprah will not make her bow down. Your whining and insults will get you nowhere. Oprah could buy and sell you in about two seconds, so just shut up and move on.

Livvy

Oprah has class, so that makes her unblack? What is black? No baby daddy? drugs? well fare? uneducated? Do I need to go on?
Shut up you ignorant f***s!